Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thanks Mr. Hackett...(sarc) One more slice of ST goodness we are screwed out of...

That "Edition" works out to over $35,000 converting the UK price to US dollars. For a 3 cylinder ford Fiesta. No, thank you. I thought my 2017 FiST was a great deal at under $20,000 with the $3K rebate Ford had to offer because they were not selling. But that new Mk8 is not a $35,000 car to me, even with the suspension upgrades and LSD.
I have to agree.. You can get a low mileage Focus RS for $35k...AFTER taxes.

Mikey456

Ford is in business to make money for the stock holders. People did not buy the FIST in the USA. I applaud Ford for building a US model and working with Mountune to provide upgrades. I don't think very many people paid anywhere near sticker for one so the expected demand never came to be. Best guess is about 3500 a year is all that were sold. On the other hand they offer the #1 selling pick-up, the F-150 and sell one every 30 seconds per the internet data. 900,000 last year according to the data. That works out with FIST sales being only about .004% of truck sales alone, so 99.996 F-150's per FIST were sold. The Mustangs sold in 2017 were 99.957 per 1 FIST sold or .043% of mustang sale. This demonstrates just how small the FiST market was. What would you as a business spend your money on, making vehicles that sell at a much larger numbers and profit margins or a niche car that must be rebated and deep discounts to sell? They did listen to the enthusiasts, the part of the world still buying cars like the ST's will have them but US consumers spoke loud and clear, they did not want compact cars much less high performance compact cars, they want Trucks/SUV's. Car nuts like us will mourn the loss and cherish our FIST's. Those that didn't buy them have lost the opportunity to option a new one and buy it. It will help the resale market as most nice used ones will bring premium prices. One thing on the enthusiasts side is the Mustang will still be sold here and is the best selling sports car in the world. Ford makes money, lots of money on the Mustang. Sales are declining in the US like all so called "muscle" cars. On the other hand sales in the rest of the world are doing good. The EU can finally get a Mustang and they are buying them. I know the GT is not a FIST, we own both and both give us lots of SPG (Smiles per gallon) and are fun as hell to drive but very different cars. I prefer a small light performance car and have no clue what I would replace my FIST with if it was totaled tomorrow. We all know fools are lined up by the millions to buy the best selling pick-up truck, Mustang and SUV's as usual and it is like Deja vu of when the van was the "thing to own" days are back. SUV's will pass like all car fads. You have a great car in the ST and it can be modified to do what you want with it. Ford is not hating on you or me, they are trying to stay in business and supply the masses where the money is, not a small niche group like us. I wonder what Honda could do with the Fit and a 1.6L Turbo and handling changes? I would buy one to replace my FIST if I needed to. But would prefer a Ford.
As much as I like my FiST, I can see why you they could not make a business case to continue the car. However, the 2 cars Ford could have keep were the new Focus (to compete with the Golf/Veloster) and the Fusion (to compete with the Camry/Accord. They’ve really abandoned the car market. But the average consumer also abandoned the car market too by buying more SUVs. At least there are still Miatas, Supras and the new Z to get interested in.

Business6

That "Edition" works out to over $35,000 converting the UK price to US dollars. For a 3 cylinder ford Fiesta. No, thank you. I thought my 2017 FiST was a great deal at under $20,000 with the $3K rebate Ford had to offer because they were not selling. But that new Mk8 is not a $35,000 car to me, even with the suspension upgrades and LSD.
The converted price is meaningless. Everything costs more in the UK to begin with so there's no reason to compare it to the USDM where we don't get the car and it would very obviously not come with the same features and thus cost significantly less because that is literally the case every single time. The only reason they brought the ST to the USDM is because they assembled it in Mexico. It would have been cost prohibitive in any other scenario.

For the sake of argument, however, the Mk8 base ST (ST-2) is $28k converted and the loaded ST (ST-3) is $31.5k. The Mk7 ST was actually comparable in price (20-21k £) with the Mk8 ST2. Aside from that, trying to use one less cylinder as a knock against it even though it is noticeably quicker than what it replaced and improves the rest of the car as much as it does is way off the mark.

Well thats not a valid comparison. A Type-R is a 48k USD car in England.

I agree 35k is way to much, but realistically if that car was sold here, we would get a few K off on sale, and pay 22-23.