Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trying to spread the word of the low transmission fluid problem.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When I went in last month for my oil change I told them to check mine while they had it on the lift and they came back and told me that it was a non serviceable transmission. All said was oh really and got on here and found transmission threads and I'll definitely be doing mine myself.
Yeah, they ALWAYS put drain and fill plugs on "NON serviceable" transaxles, don't cha know. LOL [rolleyes]<- for dealer/'techs'

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks to @FordST for bringing up this very important topic... the takeaway should be that 2L is definitely 100% close enough and is going to be FAR better than the barely 1.5L of garbage I drained out, just put 2L in of any GL4 synthetic gear oil, I personally prefer in this case to stick with Ford spec and the 2L of Ravenol has been a MASSIVE improvement... I'm not sure what it says for mileage to change this fluid but some online maintenance log does say 30k and I tend to see that as pretty accurate.