Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo install problems.

OP
F
Thread Starter #21
I read that you checked that the compressor and the turbine wheels spinning freely, but did you check that they are moving together. AKA, you can spin one and it spins the other or are they spinning independently. Also did you prime the turbo with oil by cycling but not starting the engine.
Yes I primed it for 10 seconds 3 times. And yes I checked they are both spinning together when I spin one side.

I was able to take a picture of it inside the turbo with the current preload setting.
That's what I did and that's how mine looked as far as the wastegate and preload. I listened to both the YouTube vid of the blown turbo and yours and they sounded really similar. I'm leaning towards it being blown turbo. I'm no expert though. Hopefully you'll figure it out. Sorry if it is a blown turbo. Heartbreaking.

OP
F
Thread Starter #30
Ok so I routed the boost lines from the waste gate directly to the turbo inlet and blocked off the open spot on the solenoid and it still didn’t make any boost. I tried blocking off the wastegate pressure line and still didn’t make any boost.

OP
F
Thread Starter #31
So I put the stock turbo back on and everything is fine now. So I guess my x47 is bad :/. I’m thinking maybe a seal is out on it. Does anybody know if we can get rebuild kits for these?

So I put the stock turbo back on and everything is fine now. So I guess my x47 is bad :/. I’m thinking maybe a seal is out on it. Does anybody know if we can get rebuild kits for these?
pumaspeed exited the Stateside market. you might be able to find a rebuild kit but you'd be doing it on your own without any shop support. or if you're willing you could send it to Britain to have it rebuilt but at that expense you might as well buy the whoosh hybrid that's in the FS section

OP
F
Thread Starter #34
pumaspeed exited the Stateside market. you might be able to find a rebuild kit but you'd be doing it on your own without any shop support. or if you're willing you could send it to Britain to have it rebuilt but at that expense you might as well buy the whoosh hybrid that's in the FS section
Your probably right. There is a whoosh hybrid for sale? I haven’t seen it.

Your probably right. There is a whoosh hybrid for sale? I haven’t seen it.
yeah don't know when it was deleted. unless i'm losing my mind it was paired with a ceramic coated downpipe that the poster bought back in 2020 but never got around to installing.

edit: i could have just clicked on an old post by accident too and not realized it. either/or. but yeah i can't find it now either.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
yeah don't know when it was deleted. unless i'm losing my mind it was paired with a ceramic coated downpipe that the poster bought back in 2020 but never got around to installing.

edit: i could have just clicked on an old post by accident too and not realized it. either/or. but yeah i can't find it now either.
He didn't have his name posted so it got removed

OP
F
Thread Starter #40
Don't know all the circumstances behind where you got it, but you might want to have a little conversation with whoever sold you that used turbo!!!
Yea I got it from Facebook. Cant really do anything it’s been like 6 months since I bought it. He said he never installed it and got it from somebody else.