Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Tech Racing motor mounts - holy NVH!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I installed a set of Turbo Tech Racing motor mounts in my '16. What a difference - smoother starts, nicer shifts, *much* better tip-ins when leaving a corner, but the increased NVH is significant, so much so the whole dash vibrates around 1500. I'm hoping that they'll break in a little and I think I'll try lifting the engine just a tad with my hoist, loosening, and re-tighening everything as it seems possible that I've preloaded the mounts a little by doing one side at a time.

Has anyone out there experienced the same? Did they break in a bit?

Regarding the parts - good welds and machining but (really) crummy powder coat.

A7xogg

Well, I actually got rid of mine cause I thought they were too loud(but I also think my completely stock exhasut has drone) but they did break in but yeah like any full mount there loud. Also take a double check at the passenger mount, I think o had something slightly rubbing on mine cause the mount was not straight.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I can't comment on the mount itself because I don't have one, but adding a front upper strut brace REALLY helped reduce the increased dash rattle/creak in my car which was caused by the upgraded RMM.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Had just the pass side along with rmm at one point and it was horrible. Was told it was only bad because didn’t have drivers side solid mount.