Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To be honest, I had to look up v-power to see what it was. I have no experience with it, at this time. Sorry bud.
It's just the name of Shell's premium 93, or 93 E10 gasoline, and some tuners will refuse to tune the car with that fuel in the tank. (Yeah, I'm also like [???:)], but they claim it makes a decent tune impossible to accomplish due to it's additive package.)

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
How much difference does an upgraded manifold make? If I plan to do uprated hpfp and injectors but only run on 93, is it worth it with an s280?

Fusion Works

I am tuned on Shell 93. Thats what I usually fill up with. Tunewerks didn't ask me to try a different fuel and I can see no major issues with knock or fueling. My car regularly sees 208-215 climbing the hill when its hot outside. Still not seeing a bunch of negative corrections.

Been running Shell for the majority of the time I have owned the car. Not saying its better, just anecdotal evidence of my own experience. I have a Chevron right next to the Shell so I can pick either one.

HA! I was only off by 10 (over) on the corn likker mix.

@Jason@dizzytuning ; I thought that you had a dyno right in your own shop, or was this a customer posting about your shop? [dunno]
I don't have a shop. I would love to get one soon, but I'm just not there yet. I use a local shops dyno. I have a very good relationship with them.

So i had a smoke test done and it shows a small leak at the casted metal BPV where my TS BOV connects.
Has anyone else had small leak issues with this basic casting? Im thinking about using some gasket sealer or RTV to fix the leak, instead of trying to get a new BPV all together from turbo technics

Whats up guys/gals I am having a bit of trouble on the latest revision. I have spoken to the tuner and we are kinda at a stand still. Last I heared it was a potential cobb AP glitch but I feel its not that. Everything with the car runs great otherwise. Im s280 with stock fuel and im loosing boost around 6000 RPMS it happens in multiple gears but more so in 3-4. I go from a solid 25 to 5 pounds. I have checked everything I know. The last thing I did was add a full turn of preload. It did add a bit of boost and it seems to come on a bit quicker. So next maybe add some more preload (even though im at 4 full turns)? Maybe a small boost leak or boost solenoid? Maybe even need the tune dialed back a bit up top? Anyone have any advice or experience anything like this?

Thanks!

1629683333324.png

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
if you take data logs you can look at the preload setting on the tune. If your not starting at a solid 14lbs then your preload is off. You are running a TS 14lbs wastegate actuator right?
Thats a very strange looking graph power wise though . You should be starting your pulls a lot earlier than 3700 rpm. Your tuner should be able to look at your logs and tell you whats up. Most are pretty damn good at reading logs and telling you issues. If you had a boost leak you would not have strong power and then drop off it would limit your power period. Plus from that screen grab it looks like your not monitoring enough stuff for the data log. Your tuner should have instructions on what things to turn on for logging on your AP of course some tuners choose different data sets to tune from. I know my first tuner did not log all the same stuff my second tuner did. I can also say for power and drivability the second tuner owned the first tuner. :LOL:

Whats up guys/gals I am having a bit of trouble on the latest revision. I have spoken to the tuner and we are kinda at a stand still. Last I heared it was a potential cobb AP glitch but I feel its not that. Everything with the car runs great otherwise. Im s280 with stock fuel and im loosing boost around 6000 RPMS it happens in multiple gears but more so in 3-4. I go from a solid 25 to 5 pounds. I have checked everything I know. The last thing I did was add a full turn of preload. It did add a bit of boost and it seems to come on a bit quicker. So next maybe add some more preload (even though im at 4 full turns)? Maybe a small boost leak or boost solenoid? Maybe even need the tune dialed back a bit up top? Anyone have any advice or experience anything like this?

Thanks!

View attachment 43000

Figured out the issue was a collapsing intake hose. Attached a video yes its crap but it works.

Attachments