Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

dhminer

2000 Post Club
So if you are using air to extend the wg arm, it's best done from below?
No doubt. I didn’t disassemble anything except pull the vac line from the solenoid. Pump some air into it to disconnect, add a few turns, add more air to reattach. Hardest part was getting the damn circlip back on.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So if you are using air to extend the wg arm, it's best done from below?
I was able to attach a compressed air tube right to the wastegate nipple from above . Of course had to remove my crossover pipe and heat shield. I did not have a lift so going from underneath was not an option. One I removed the heat shield and crossover pipe it was a real easy job to adjust the wastegate actuator.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I was able to attach a compressed air tube right to the wastegate nipple from above . Of course had to remove my crossover pipe and heat shield. I did not have a lift so going from underneath was not an option. One I removed the heat shield and crossover pipe it was a real easy job to adjust the wastegate actuator.
I have an Airtec manifold so that is making it more complicated.

Still no word when its getting delivered but it should be close. Going to start shopping for shops to.dl the install next week [emoji106]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still no word when its getting delivered but it should be close. Going to start shopping for shops to.dl the install next week [emoji106]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Why not do it yourself? It's a 5 out of 10 scale*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
No doubt. I didn’t disassemble anything except pull the vac line from the solenoid. Pump some air into it to disconnect, add a few turns, add more air to reattach. Hardest part was getting the damn circlip back on.
I'll try that tonight, thank you.

I have an airtec manifold too, going from the top is a huge PITA to remove the cowl and crossover and everything. You literally don't have to remove anything to do it from below.
i second this, unless you follow adam from tuned+ and try to remove subframe. DONT, lol it was a bitch and a half and i never got it off; spent half the total time of install trying to take subframe off.

turbo install was pretty easy for someone with 0 prior experience. beer, snacks and a turbo kit made for a pretty good time.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I have an airtec manifold too, going from the top is a huge PITA to remove the cowl and crossover and everything. You literally don't have to remove anything to do it from below.
I already took all that stuff off and I still can't get the IWG arm back on.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Also if I unthread the end all the way, does it come off? I didn't do the I initial install. However when I was adjusting it, I think it jiggled around and I can't guarantee I have the right amount of preload now.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Also if I unthread the end all the way, does it come off? I didn't do the I initial install. However when I was adjusting it, I think it jiggled around and I can't guarantee I have the right amount of preload now.
Yeah it comes off. If you added pre load though it should be even more snug on there

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah it comes off. If you added pre load though it should be even more snug on there
Thanks for the assistance. I used a cordless pump and it was easy to get the arm on. Do you know the specs on the c-clip/circlip thing on the turbo? I'm sure I'm going to lose it at some point.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the assistance. I used a cordless pump and it was easy to get the arm on. Do you know the specs on the c-clip/circlip thing on the turbo? I'm sure I'm going to lose it at some point.
Someone smarter than I will have to chime in on that one. I’m not sure.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Ok so I've adjusted my IWG arm twice now, starting to get the hang of it. Peaking at 23lbs now but need to hit 24lbs for further tuning. Is there a rough estimate on turning the arm? Like 1 full turn equals 1psi or anything? Would love to only have to adjust it one more time...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok so I've adjusted my IWG arm twice now, starting to get the hang of it. Peaking at 23lbs now but need to hit 24lbs for further tuning. Is there a rough estimate on turning the arm? Like 1 full turn equals 1psi or anything? Would love to only have to adjust it one more time...
Now I want to know who your tuner is, that is requesting this extremely specific boost number. All cars / turbos have variations and 1psi shouldn't be relevant either way.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Now I want to know who your tuner is, that is requesting this extremely specific boost number. All cars / turbos have variations and 1psi shouldn't be relevant either way.
I was hitting about 15% lower than what they wanted, suggestion was to add more preload. Originally I was told 19-20 wasn't where they were expecting the tune to be, so add more preload which makes sense. I did once but I think lost track of the amount of turns, was hitting 21. Added 1.5 turns and now hitting 23. Will likely add 1 full turn and should be good.