Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

felopr

Still not bad considering. I want to see graphs, I want to see the response
from the very few resources I have seen so far, it looks exactly, power and dyno plot on 93oct on stock fuel system as a hybrid but it should be less hot charge temp-wise or better say, doesn't heat the air as much because of the bigger compressor cover and wheel?
maybe not run as hot the bearing because they are bigger?
This is just me speculating, just my opinion

Erick_V

from the very few resources I have seen so far, it looks exactly, power and dyno plot on 93oct on stock fuel system as a hybrid but it should be less hot charge temp-wise or better say, doesn't heat the air as much because of the bigger compressor cover and wheel?
maybe not run as hot the bearing because they are bigger?
This is just me speculating, just my opinion
That's what's leaning me toward this turbo vs other hybrid options. I don't plan on making more than 350whp with this car (been looking at meth injection or some aux fueling). At least for the foreseeable future. Sure I can push a hybrid to that power level but at the expense of charge temps. I plan on making this into a Street Mod car for Time Attack and I would rather push a larger turbo at the expense of torque and response rather than a turbo I would have to run the life out of for the same power

wetwea33

That's what's leaning me toward this turbo vs other hybrid options. I don't plan on making more than 350whp with this car (been looking at meth injection or some aux fueling). At least for the foreseeable future. Sure I can push a hybrid to that power level but at the expense of charge temps. I plan on making this into a Street Mod car for Time Attack and I would rather push a larger turbo at the expense of torque and response rather than a turbo I would have to run the life out of for the same power
Max you are making on a hybrid is maybe 330-340 and thats over spinning the piss out of it and making it a toaster. The power becomes inconsistent once you start pushing close to 30psi because of how much heat they generate.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Peak tq seems to be very GTX -ish
Looking at that graph, they're making 202wtq at 2500 rpm and about 295wtq at 3500 rpm. I'm making, and 179 wtq at about 2500, 202wtq at 3500 rpm (with a 0.95 CF). Now, I don't know their correction factors, we'd have to see another run on that dyno on a stock turbo, but it still lends to the point I was making. I don't see a trade off here, it just makes more power all around.

wetwea33

It's a fairbit earlier then a typical atp kit. On par with how a proper tial 52 kit would spool like a dhm 360r maybe even slightly earlier. Tuning is alot different over there and they have no access to ethanol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Se7eN

Looking at that graph, they're making 202wtq at 2500 rpm and about 295wtq at 3500 rpm. I'm making, and 179 wtq at about 2500, 202wtq at 3500 rpm (with a 0.95 CF). Now, I don't know their correction factors, we'd have to see another run on that dyno on a stock turbo, but it still lends to the point I was making. I don't see a trade off here, it just makes more power all around.
It's actually making 279whp and 276wtq, at the end of the Vid it tells you the crank and wheel.

felopr

Max you are making on a hybrid is maybe 330-340 and that's over spinning the piss out of it and making it a toaster. The power becomes inconsistent once you start pushing close to 30psi because of how much heat they generate.
And past 27psi on any hybrid is overspinning, so past that is hurting the turbo

Max you are making on a hybrid is maybe 330-340 and thats over spinning the piss out of it and making it a toaster. The power becomes inconsistent once you start pushing close to 30psi because of how much heat they generate.
330-340hp on a hybrid? What downwind on a Dynojet with a finger on the scale?

felopr

I have seen a couple of example of those, they are mostly on e50 with 4 port aux, don't know the boost thought but I wouldn't be surprised if they where at 30psi

felopr

How many psi does the S280 put out without overspilling it?
from what turbo technics told me the other day, anything past 1.9bar is considered over spinning.
most people run them between 1.7 and 1.8bar is what they told me.
Also, the gate is a 0.4bar spring

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
from what turbo technics told me the other day, anything past 1.9bar is considered over spinning.
Psi is so much easier that bar. Too many #s can be after the decimal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

Aubrey put down 330 on an x47 with aux and Wesley put down 340 with the whoosh with aux. Thats overspinning the piss out of them but it's possible. You still think an mrx is the tits so ur opinion is not valid.

felopr

Psi is so much easier that bar. Too many #s can be after the decimal.

i am just giving it to you from what they told me, they are a UK manufacturer, so BAR is their default measure. you can convert it easily on google

wetwea33

Yeah but everyone is gonna run more than that, they are just saying that to cover their asses. Just like Ron putting don't exceed 26.5 psi on thr whoosh hybrid.

Aubrey put down 330 on an x47 with aux and Wesley put down 340 with the whoosh with aux. Thats overspinning the piss out of them but it's possible. You still think an mrx is the tits so ur opinion is not valid.

Since when is a question an opinion? What dyno registered those numbers?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
i am just giving it to you from what they told me, they are a UK manufacturer, so BAR is their default measure. you can convert it easily on google
I know. 1.9 is 27 and change.

felopr

Yeah but everyone is gonna run more than that, they are just saying that to cover their asses. Just like Ron putting don't exceed 26.5 psi on the whoosh hybrid.

True, but is your turbo. They are manufacturers specifications, but you can do whatever you want with them. Like anything in life

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

But what I'd Misstrouble running now? A Gen2 GTX2860R....none of that Hybrid journal bearing Filth. Remember that there chucko.....she figured it out if you want power you Run a BT like a Garrett.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts