Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

None have seen this issue but it also hasn't been proven out which is why I didnt go single. I really couldn't decide. Jason@dizzy wants to read the air/fuel into each intake runner to see what the variance is like. But that requires some effort there. If Adam says it's safe, its probably safe. The s280 isn't huge by any means so I'm sure with single you could tap it out. I just wanted the peace of mind

The likelihood of getting a big enough variance between cylinders is too small to worry about. Older cars with carburetors were mostly port fueled, ie. two barrel or four barrel V8s, etc.

felopr

Not having 3 pistons running correct fuel mix and one being left out which leads to failures.
Even fuel distribution....precision.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Well, to my understanding, Jason from Dizzy-Tuning wanted to do a study on this, on how precise or unprecise a single port behaves/ can be. How he is gonna do it, the wizard only knows

Last edited:
The likelihood of getting a big enough variance between cylinders is too small to worry about. Older cars with carburetors were mostly port fueled, ie. two barrel or four barrel V8s, etc.
Cars with carburetors were NOT "port fueled" they are basically a distributed single point system. It's why Intake Manifolds were such a big deal back in the Muscle Car era, a manifold with poor distribution would just kill your horsepower. BTW, I've been fooling with Carbs since 1965 when I helped my Dad rebuild a Rochester 4 Jet.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
A single is going work just like my old tbi cars. If it was solid enough to fuel an entire engine it can definitely supply the extra fueling depending on the injector size and how good the pump is

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
A single is going work just like my old tbi cars. If it was solid enough to fuel an entire engine it can definitely supply the extra fueling depending on the injector size and how good the pump is
That was when the intakes were designed around TBI and made specifically for it. Now they aren't designed for TBI which could effect the influx of fuel coming into the intake chamber. IMO. Either way fuel is being introduced and something is better than nothing!

felopr

That was when the intakes were designed around TBI and made specifically for it. Now they aren't designed for TBI which could effect the influx of fuel coming into the intake chamber. IMO. Eitehr was fuel is being introduced and something is better than nothing!
The only way to know is by testing it

PunkST

2000 Post Club
That was when the intakes were designed around TBI and made specifically for it. Now they aren't designed for TBI which could effect the influx of fuel coming into the intake chamber. IMO. Either way fuel is being introduced and something is better than nothing!
Its gonna fill the IM with atomized fuel/air. The variance is going be so marginal if any i doubt there would be a problem unless the injector itself has an issue.

Those old TBI intakes were a carryover from carb era stuff. They really didnt change much until port injection became reality.

Se7eN

Well, to my understanding, Jason from Dizzy-Tuning wanted to do a study on this, on how precise or unprecise a single port behaves/ can be. How he is gonna do it, the wizard only knows
An O2 sensors for reading A/F per cilinder (4 sensors) with a custom manifold tapped for it... that's how it is done.

wetwea33

An O2 sensors for reading A/F per cilinder (4 sensors) with a custom manifold tapped for it... that's how it is done.
I think some of us forget we drive Fiestas and doing stuff like this that cost absurd amounts to fabricate makes no sense. If we blow an engine you can pick up a used one for like 600$.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I concur. It was about 400 dollars different and noone gave me a definitive answer until after the purchase (adam@tune+) so I dont see that as a waste whatsoever

wetwea33

Playing it safe is a bad way to do it? I'm confused.
I don't think he was saying that. I think he was just saying taking unproven things like this and blindly following them isn't the best way to go about things.

Se7eN

I concur. It was about 400 dollars different and noone gave me a definitive answer until after the purchase (adam@tune+) so I dont see that as a waste whatsoever
Hey you can't go wrong with it. If you ever switch to an even bigger turbo you have room to go or even run full E85

Se7eN

I think some of us forget we drive Fiestas and doing stuff like this that cost absurd amounts to fabricate makes no sense. If we blow an engine you can pick up a used one for like 600$.

So you take a BP Manifold for cheap just for the sake of testing and drill into it with Bungs for O2, sensors cost about $100/each... if He wasn't to test it for the sake of Science then it would make sense.

Also not everyone can get an engine that easily available. Specially when shipping alone would be more than the price.

wetwea33

So you take a BP Manifold for cheap just for the sake of testing and drill into it with Bungs for O2, sensors cost about $100/each... if He wasn't to test it for the sake of Science then it would make sense.

Also not everyone can get an engine that easily available. Specially when shipping alone would be more than the price.
I get that. I was just trying to get the point across that a single port is going to be just fine within the sbe limits. After the sbe limits the ecu and traction become the big problems.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sooooo anyways. Who has more datalogs? How are the folks liking these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk