Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Se7eN

People are getting tuned. Weather is starting to take a dump and such. I'm for my buddys car to get back from the body shop to get to install that S280

I got my S280, DP, FMIC and the extrude honed exhaust manifold. Still need an Aux Fuel , Mountune Radiator, some small bits and a Cobb AP. I'm in no rush because it's winter here and unless I want to buy winter tires and rims I can't drive it now until April 1st, when the tire restrictions end. Hoping for some Black Friday deals to get the last of the parts I need.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we're just starting our larger injector testing with the S280 kit that will lead to adding our single port aux

very excited to see these results
a week ago one of the UK shops just made 350whp (NOT bhp) with the S280 + 30% injectors

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
we're just starting our larger injector testing with the S280 kit that will lead to adding our single port aux

a week ago one of the UK shops just made 350whp (NOT bhp) with the S280 + 30% injectors
I think a lot of the tuners here are a bit reluctant to try those injectors. Especially for the price, may as well go aux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetwea33

What fuel is this with?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
it doesn't indicate fuel
I'd guess 95 ron

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I think a lot of the tuners here are a bit reluctant to try those injectors. Especially for the price, may as well go aux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we're working with one of the best ST platform tuners on this
regardless of opinions there is interest in this path as proof of the kits already sold assisting and waiting for finalized tuning
unless we share the part number, flow data, and spec sheet with other tuners, they won't be able to tune them

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
it doesn't indicate fuel
I'd guess 95 ron
That seems like really high results for the equivalent to our 91.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I'll ask what they used
could be 99
mostly 95 or 99 in UK results that I see

wetwea33

That seems like really high results for the equivalent to our 91.

I'll ask what they used
could be 99
mostly 95 or 99 in UK results that I see[/QUOTE]Seems odd even still. You don't see anyone making close to those numbers over here on pump alone without anything like meth or ethanol to cool the cylinder temps.

I still really like the idea of Aux Fuel, if for no other reason than keeping the intake valves cleaner than they would be without Aux. So Ron, what increase is your single point aux system capable of? Would it be the equal of the 30%+ injectors. without the tuning headaches of the larger injectors? Because for me, 350 whp would exceed my requirements! That would put a smile on my face that a mortician couldn't get rid of!!!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I still really like the idea of Aux Fuel, if for no other reason than keeping the intake valves cleaner than they would be without Aux. So Ron, what increase is your single point aux system capable of? Would it be the equal of the 30%+ injectors. without the tuning headaches of the larger injectors? Because for me, 350 whp would exceed my requirements! That would put a smile on my face that a mortician couldn't get rid of!!!
single port aux has technically made more power than 4 port
the general rule is 350-375whp for single port
375whp and over 4 port
but you can use single port to 400whp+ if you really want to
as for the 30% injectors, once ironed out the base tune and having them installed will be no different to tune than adding a turbo upgrade which needs revisions

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just catching up on this turbo, looks like a great option for low-end spool. I apologize if these have been posted already, but if not here are some really great videos that will pretty much make you want to call @ron@whoosh and order one right now if you're still on stock turbo.

First vid is install, the second one starting at around 16:35 has some great discussion where Adam (my tuner, give him your business...) of Tune+ discusses why both the Whoosh turbo and the s280 are superior choices to the Puma hybrids. Good and interesting stuff.

Also there are a few other s280 videos on Adam's channel that might be helpful to watch if you're going this route.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcGDrLxhojI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFfGtKmK-1E&t=966s

wetwea33

Looks like we're going to be turning on aux fuel for my 93 tune till I tune with ethanol in the spring. I'll try to get a vdyno when it's done although the cold may make it hard but I will post a log once the tune is finished.

This is my final revision before activating PI to my 93 tune. This is about what you can expect with no additional fueling on 93.
Hell yeah man! I finally started tuning again. There was an issue with the supplied gate. It was opening under 1psi lol. That was why I couldn't make boost.