Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks very nice. Are you closing in on the limit of the stock fuel system?
I think there’s a bit more to go, probably 2 more revisions. Hopefully start tuning with aux fuel after Christmas if Mitch is in the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetwea33

I think there’s a bit more to go, probably 2 more revisions. Hopefully start tuning with aux fuel after Christmas if Mitch is in the office.

Are you gonna be using ethanol? Also when ur doing vdynos go back into your logs and delete the slots where you hit the Rev limiter to get a better picture. Alot of the times the drop-off in the power at the top end of the graph is from that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are you gonna be using ethanol? Also when ur doing vdynos go back into your logs and delete the slots where you hit the Rev limiter to get a better picture. Alot of the times the drop-off in the power at the top end of the graph is from that.

Yes, starting with E50 and then eventually full E85

wetwea33

Yes, starting with E50 and then eventually full E85
Gotcha I'm not gonna even attempt to tune with ethanol in the cold like this on my winter tires. I'm just gonna wait till it's warm.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Gotcha I'm not gonna even attempt to tune with ethanol in the cold like this on my winter tires. I'm just gonna wait till it's warm.

Yeah I completely understand. This is my first year with a beater 4WD for the snow so I left the all seasons on the FiST and have been getting good enough traction to log so far. 4th gear traction is very good still so my hope is that even on ethanol I should be okay for 4th gear runs. Winter tires were a disaster for tuning last year.

wetwea33

Yeah I completely understand. This is my first year with a beater 4WD for the snow so I left the all seasons on the FiST and have been getting good enough traction to log so far. 4th gear traction is very good still so my hope is that even on ethanol I should be okay for 4th gear runs. Winter tires were a disaster for tuning last year.
I really don't think ur gonna be able to get traction even with all season when it gets cold. Ur tuner is cool with 4th gear pulls? The boost is just gonna come on harder and ur gonna gain roughly 50lbs/ft at the wheels, anything under 50f ur gonna spin right when boost comes on.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I really don't think ur gonna be able to get traction even with all season when it gets cold. Ur tuner is cool with 4th gear pulls? The boost is just gonna come on harder and ur gonna gain roughly 50lbs/ft at the wheels, anything under 50f ur gonna spin right when boost comes on.

Yes - 4th gear logs = more load and better data actually.

Idk about that. They held okay while tuning E50 on the Garrett turbo. Will keep you posted once we get there.

wetwea33

Yes - 4th gear logs = more load and better data actually.

Idk about that. They held okay while tuning E50 on the Garrett turbo. Will keep you posted once we get there.

I get that but most tuners ask for 3rd simply because of safety lol. The problem. With this turbo and my hybrid was just how early the boost comes on. Boost hitting at a lower speed equals more spinning but logging in 4th mitigates that.

wetwea33

Yeah i agree. Most of us are doing logs in third tho so it's hard to compare.

wetwea33

I've tested this out actually. Vdyno will read HP the same for 3rd and 4th. It's actually surprising. In a real world dyno there is a power difference.
I've also tested it and got different results. Your always gonna read higher in 4th as it's more load and it's the close gear to 1:1 in this car

Fusion Works

Why not schedule a time with your tuner and get the car on the dyno and knock out the majority of the WOT tuning in a couple of hours? Beats all this, "I can't drive cuz snow, I can't drive cuz traction with winter, etc".

wetwea33

Why not schedule a time with your tuner and get the car on the dyno and knock out the majority of the WOT tuning in a couple of hours? Beats all this, "I can't drive cuz snow, I can't drive cuz traction with winter, etc".
Most of are tuners are from different states and dyno tuning is not as effective for a street car as it doesn't simulate load that well