Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

1. the tuner usually sends you a Base Map for the first tune after the turbo is already installed.
2. Do the oil prime procedure Accelerator and Clutch hard down 100% then hit the on button. Engine will crank but not start. Do it twice.
3. You can use the same oil, but try to use new oil.
4. The turbo will be breaking in but i doubt it leaves much residue so no worries there.
thanks for the comment
do I have to keep the start buttom also full press while this procedure and how log time should I remain this presss?

No just press once and press it again to have it stop. Just a couple of seconds. Don't want to drain your battery doing it.
I was looking for a video of that procesur but I could not find anything, if you have any video or link to see how to it should be great, your info is clear but I always want to check twice with this kind of things
thanks!!

Se7eN

I was looking for a video of that procesur but I could not find anything, if you have any video or link to see how to it should be great, your info is clear but I always want to check twice with this kind of things
thanks!!
I don't know that I've ever seen a video about it. Just read it some where and tried it and it works.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
@ron@whoosh Did the price of the S280 go up? I remember it at $1550 but now it's $1750. I also don't suppose you're having any special labor day deals going on either lol?

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
thanks!!
Here’s the procedure below:

Fully depress clutch pedal and gas pedal (all the way to the floor). While holding both pedals down, press the start button once. The car will start cranking but will not start. To stop the cranking press the start button again. Do this 10 times for 10 second increments waiting 30 seconds between cranks to allow the starter to cool.

I would recommend hooking up jumper cables or a jumper pack when you do it as I personally recommend 60 seconds of cranking total (not just a couple seconds). You want to make sure there is plenty of oil in the turbo.

Also, if you want to keep the Turbo Technics 1 year warranty, you should budget for a new oil drain line and plan to change your oil at the same time as the turbo (warranty documentation calls for brand new oil). I recommend running Amsoil 5W-30 or similar (pennzoil is a solid alternative from my research).

I would recommend having your tuner send you your base tune 1 week prior to the weekend you plan to do the install. Install the tune first, before you take the car apart so that you eliminate that potential hiccup. Don’t run the car until the new turbo is on though.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Here’s the procedure below:

Fully depress clutch pedal and gas pedal (all the way to the floor). While holding both pedals down, press the start button once. The car will start cranking but will not start. To stop the cranking press the start button again. Do this 10 times for 10 second increments waiting 30 seconds between cranks to allow the starter to cool.

I would recommend hooking up jumper cables or a jumper pack when you do it as I personally recommend 60 seconds of cranking total (not just a couple seconds). You want to make sure there is plenty of oil in the turbo.

Also, if you want to keep the Turbo Technics 1 year warranty, you should budget for a new oil drain line and plan to change your oil at the same time as the turbo (warranty documentation calls for brand new oil). I recommend running Amsoil 5W-30 or similar (pennzoil is a solid alternative from my research).

I would recommend having your tuner send you your base tune 1 week prior to the weekend you plan to do the install. Install the tune first, before you take the car apart so that you eliminate that potential hiccup. Don’t run the car until the new turbo is on though.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very grateful for such valuable information, you have definitely helped me a lot, I comment, notice that the S280 kit I have acquired used with little mileage (2000 miles approx), I still do not install it precisely because I needed information like this to start and not all are open to provide it, I don't know if the fact that it is used makes any difference when it comes to the oil, I mean that I just did the oil change less than 1000 miles ago, it will always be necessary to do the oil change when install it ???
and re regarding the oil feed pipe I am going to place an image to corroborate if this part the one that I should change
part number is BM5Z-6K679-A

Attachments

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
friends what is the best option tune for S280
Dizzy or Tune +
I have a Dizzy tune and have nothing but great things to say. Just bought a custom S280 tune from him, still waiting for the turbo to start. Adam is also an amazing choice and he was the other tuner I was considering.

friends what is the best option tune for S280
Dizzy or Tune +
You can’t go wrong with either! Both are amazing tuners and I have been tuned by both on the fist. I ended switching from dizzy to tune+ bc of the unlimited tuning offering tune+ had and his work towards a true flex fuel solution for our cars. Also, I am sure I’ll need at least 3 more retunes with my plans for the car and after doing the math tune+ made more sense.