Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart Plumb Back (installed to day, want to discuss!)

Jerickson88

This was absolutely worth every penny. Less than an hour to install, and the car is much more smooth and stable feeling than stock. Makes just enough noise. I realize that my factory one was leaking down with 23k miles on it. I highly recommend this even on stock cars; you will see a difference

This was absolutely worth every penny. Less than an hour to install, and the car is much more smooth and stable feeling than stock. Makes just enough noise. I realize that my factory one was leaking down with 23k miles on it. I highly recommend this even on stock cars; you will see a difference
I have been eyeing this since it came out. I was considering the DV+ but after talking with the guys at Surgeline Tuning here in PDX and conferring with Ron, I have decided on this.

How difficult was it to access the OEM BOV to install the new one? Did you need any special tools to access it through the passenger wheel well? The install instructions provided by Turbosmart are a bit cryptic regarding accessing the OEM BOV.

I have been eyeing this since it came out. I was considering the DV+ but after talking with the guys at Surgeline Tuning here in PDX and conferring with Ron, I have decided on this.

How difficult was it to access the OEM BOV to install the new one? Did you need any special tools to access it through the passenger wheel well? The install instructions provided by Turbosmart are a bit cryptic regarding accessing the OEM BOV.
It wasn't too bad. With an allen socket, a 10-12 inch extension and hands that aren't insanely massive you should be fine. I installed the DV+ and it didn't take very long at all. Just be patient and expect to adjust several times before getting a good handle on each bolt.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #4
Just to clarify, I went away from the electronic valve and am running the old school type. But yes, the install is cake. Paid right at $205 shipped. It’s pretty quiet, and I’m on stock ecu still getting in the 30mpg, no compressor surge or anything. It doesn’t do the weird surging at half throttle like it did with the pen electronic valve either.

I waited till it was time to change my oil to do it

felopr

I thought you where talking about the new Turbosmart EM one

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #8
same here.....the EM's have proven lightning fast response
I am really enjoying the dual port on our shopmcar

I didn’t realize there was an electronic one until I had the vacuum actuated one on order. I will say that it has a very nostalgic feel because of how it varies on discharge with the vacuum, whereas the electronic one seemed like it was either open or shut, no variances.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I didn’t realize there was an electronic one until I had the vacuum actuated one on order. I will say that it has a very nostalgic feel because of how it varies on discharge with the vacuum, whereas the electronic one seemed like it was either open or shut, no variances.
Which one did you get?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk