Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Updated: Mishimoto Dyno Results - 310whp / 323wtq on a stock 2016 Focus RS

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
[video=youtube;45K5FQpwMIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45K5FQpwMIA[/video]

See their Focus RS build thread on FocusRSForum.com

[HR][/HR]
Update: 6/29/2016

"We have arrived at a new, consistent, level of output over ten dyno pulls in third gear: 310 hp, and 323 ft-lbs of torque."

"After evaluating some of the variables that were holding us back on the first dyno run, our additional testing showed that the Focus RS came in with 311 horsepower at the wheel and 323 torque. We?re using 93 Octane fuel and while the car was too smart to let us try running the dyno in drift mode, even in normal mode the at-the-wheel power was totally reasonable based on Ford?s at-the-crank claims of 350hp. We certainly see potential in the RS as an excellent foundation to build on. Head to our engineering blog for more Focus RS content!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yON7UIv7-d0&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;yON7UIv7-d0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yON7UIv7-d0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wow

Seems really low, almost 100hp drivetrain loss is really bad. Unless they somehow didn't hit the overbooked on the dynamic, then it makes sense.

I feel soooo bad for the FoRS guys. The engine appears to be pretty much crippled out of the box. I hope it doesn't turn into PowerGate2 like they're grumbling about.

It appears the engine gives one good pull with rational power numbers, then dials back about 50 HP for the rest. Ditto on the street it's good for one pull and then dials back. With any luck Cobb et al can find out WTF Ford did to the programming and sort it out, because as it stands the RS is basically crippled out of the box. :(

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Well that's a bit lower then expected..sure looks pretty on the dyno cause that blue ummmm

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Very much could be the dyno and the elevation - was this test performed at sea level? From what I know it's about 3% loss for every 1000' in elevation you go up.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I think it's funny that Ecoboost owners still think an Ecoboost engine is going to do anything significant on the OEM tune, especially with AWD. These cars are going to have significant increases as soon as the tuning is there to support them.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I think it's funny that Ecoboost owners still think an Ecoboost engine is going to do anything significant on the OEM tune, especially with AWD. These cars are going to have significant increases as soon as the tuning is there to support them.
Word is that the power-train is already close to being maxed out from the factory.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
A local member from a group FB page says he ran a stock RS and was neck and neck up until 100MPH when they both let off. This makes sense given the true power to the wheels and difference in weight.

This makes me happy with my FiST even more now.

Must be from a roll though. That AWD and launch control would destroy a FiST. Or maybe the RS cars don't fully uncorked themselves until the computer knows that it's out of the break in period.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Word is that the power-train is already close to being maxed out from the factory.
There are definitely lots of rumors floating around that haven't had time to fully develop as fact or fiction on such a new platform.

A local member from a group FB page says he ran a stock RS and was neck and neck up until 100MPH when they both let off. This makes sense given the true power to the wheels and difference in weight.

But that guy was modified so it throws a bit more into the equation. Stock vs. stock would be a slightly different story and if the RS was modified similarly...let alone if any of those scenario's were from a dig.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm trying to simply point out that it doesn't take a lot to be close or equal to an RS that is stock. I'm sure once these are modified it will be a different story.

Waterfan

He ran WHAT vs FoRS to let-off? A FiST I presume? Modified? From a roll I would ahve to guess.

This may be a perfect illustration why we don't REALLY need an AWD Fiesta (RS). You add weight and driveline loss, and would have to drop the heavier 2L ecoboost in to make it back up to the P/W, also loosing fuel economy and adding maintenance complexity. Also destroys the nimble, fun, light on its feet feeling.

I guess that is what you would expect from an AWD platform. Assuming that AWD will give up 25% HP, which would translate into ~ 262 HP.
Yet the Golf R claims 292 HP, has AWD, and puts that number to the ground. Average WHP for the MK7R is high 290's, low 300's on a dynojet. I think it's just a fact that without the overboost function, these are the numbers you will get.