Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Updated: Mishimoto Dyno Results - 310whp / 323wtq on a stock 2016 Focus RS

Can you even accelerate, in any of the lower gears, for 20 seconds straight at full throttle?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

From what I understand, you don't have to lift to shift for 1-2 if you're using launch control. But for every other time you have to get off the throttle to shift, so the time resets.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Or could it be that the Golf R numbers were underrated? I believe GTI numbers for the MK6's were near the 200 WHP, which means that the quoted 200 Crank HP from factory was actually underrated.
Oh absolutely, but it is my firm belief that a car should make at least, if not more power than advertised. Otherwise it's like buying a really expensive drink that's watered down. If they say 350HP w/ overboost, then it should be able to make that number consistently run after run after drivetrain loss is calculated. As stated by another person, it appears that all three cars (STI, RS, and R) are very evenly matched in a straight line despite the 50HP number difference.

Very much could be the dyno and the elevation - was this test performed at sea level? From what I know it's about 3% loss for every 1000' in elevation you go up.

Mishimoto is located in Delaware not more then 50-100ft above sea level.

Also if someone else dynos this and gets vastly different numbers you have to remember its not something that can be compared because each dyno is different, even within the same brand.

I just got wind that there is a stop production on all Focus RS. Rumor has it that all RS that are out my have to be returned to the dealer.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #47
I agree with you, and I hope that Ford will do that as well. Back in the days, I remembered reading somewhere that the industry standard is to fall within 5% of stated HP on a production model. Times may be different now and I hope for the better.

Oh absolutely, but it is my firm belief that a car should make at least, if not more power than advertised. Otherwise it's like buying a really expensive drink that's watered down. If they say 350HP w/ overboost, then it should be able to make that number consistently run after run after drivetrain loss is calculated. As stated by another person, it appears that all three cars (STI, RS, and R) are very evenly matched in a straight line despite the 50HP number difference.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow a stop production! Feel sorry for those guys. I would never buy a FoRS new. To pay top dollar for that kind of a car to have the monkeys at the dealership work on it...nah. They see Escapes and Fusions all day. If they see one FoRS a quarter I'd be surprised. Now trust that same inexperienced mechanic at a very complex drive train on a platform that has been problematic even in suzy homemaker trim and you're in for a painful ownership experience with a high cost of entry. The FiST price point makes F.O.R.D. issues bearable, or at least something i can rationalize :)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
A stop production is one of the reasons I would love to have an RS-unlike the FiS/FoST, Ford will jump hands over fist to get them fixed and/or have any perceived problems addressed in order to preserve their brand image. It's a halo car and not just an 'everyday' car. It took Ford six months to even acknowledge the stalling problems that FoST owners were experiencing, let alone taking the time to look into finding the problem and issue a TSB.

My gf even sent me pics of them claying one that they just received. I asked her if the dealership normally runs a clay bar over new purchases and she said 'only the high-end cars'.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My gf even sent me pics of them claying one that they just received. I asked her if the dealership normally runs a clay bar over new purchases and she said 'only the high-end cars'.

And other dealers don't do shit beyond the basic "detail" even to the high end cars, dirty Navigators(63 thousand dollar SUV) and GT350s with brake dust on them. That one is entirely dealership dependent and not a Ford mandate. Though for all we know they ran out of brake calipers so they really can't build the car, and once its out there everyone is going to be getting the same service us with the FiSTs get. Though I guess on that note when they messed up the caliper colors for the 16s Ford just ran with it.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Past history shows that RS owners have been taken care of significantly better so I doubt this time will suddenly be different. But yes, one dealership doesn't constitute the entire brand.

Wow a stop production! Feel sorry for those guys. I would never buy a FoRS new. To pay top dollar for that kind of a car to have the monkeys at the dealership work on it...nah. They see Escapes and Fusions all day. If they see one FoRS a quarter I'd be surprised. Now trust that same inexperienced mechanic at a very complex drive train on a platform that has been problematic even in suzy homemaker trim and you're in for a painful ownership experience with a high cost of entry. The FiST price point makes F.O.R.D. issues bearable, or at least something i can rationalize :)
That's pretty harsh considering they're also the same mechanics that deal with the higher end Mustangs. If your RS has a problem, the new mechanic in the shop isn't the one that's going to be tasked to fix it.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Because I'm paying roughly 40k for a car that is competing with cars who perform at the same levels without those types of gimmicks?
Ah, but it's welcome on the FiST/FoST because they're cheaper. I get it now.

Ah, but it's welcome on the FiST/FoST because they're cheaper. I get it now.

Who said its welcome on the fist?

But it's something that is more understandable for a car like this.

I just think over boost or something close to it should be peak boost level no matter what.

dyn085

2000 Post Club

I just think over boost or something close to it should be peak boost level no matter what.
Nobody said it's welcome on the FiST but no one complains about it like you are about the RS. You seem to think that it's a gimmick whereas it's just Ford utilizing some state-of-the-art tuning to give owners options that they wouldn't have previously had before.

Everyone wants their car at max performance all the time but, as a manufacturer, Ford has to consider and design against significantly more aspects of car ownership. CAFE requirements, component longevity, system durability, environmental considerations...these are all things that work against 'peak boost level no matter what'.

dyn085

2000 Post Club

Nobody said it's welcome on the FiST but no one complains about it like you are about the RS. You seem to think that it's a gimmick whereas it's just Ford utilizing some state-of-the-art tuning to give owners options that they wouldn't have previously had before.

Everyone wants their car at max performance all the time but, as a manufacturer, Ford has to consider and design against significantly more aspects of car ownership. CAFE requirements, component longevity, system durability, environmental considerations...these are all things that work against 'peak boost level no matter what'.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's pretty harsh considering they're also the same mechanics that deal with the higher end Mustangs. If your RS has a problem, the new mechanic in the shop isn't the one that's going to be tasked to fix it.
I've done a ton of research on the dealers in my immediate area. The horror stories are plenty. PLENTY. Harsh is warranted. Obviously not all dealers fall into this category. Hopefully Ford is certifying dealers for the RS...