Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

Idk how every gets mpg's like this. My driving is mostly around town but with my s280 with 93/aux I got ~20mpg and on e40 I get ~17-18.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's with the cruise control set at 110 kph (68 mph) and driving very conservatively...it's pretty easy to cut that by 30% if you get your foot in it...which is really hard not to do.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Idk how every gets mpg's like this. My driving is mostly around town but with my s280 with 93/aux I got ~20mpg and on e40 I get ~17-18.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Canadians use the metric system. Liters per 100km.
But yeah, if you drive it hard, it'll drink gas like a V8.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #124
really dig the wheels. nice job
Thanks, I think it was worth getting them imported. But now a company in the US has gotten a dealer spot with Ronal so they're easier to get.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #125
That's with the cruise control set at 110 kph (68 mph) and driving very conservatively...it's pretty easy to cut that by 30% if you get your foot in it...which is really hard not to do.
So true. I use cruise as much as I can, and I am getting low 30's combined right now, that's probably about 65/35 city/highway split.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #126
Finally got the Dizzy Ethanol content gauge installed. I ordered this back when Jason did the original preorder for the first 20.

Install was pretty easy, other than disconnecting the stock fuel line, that was a real PITA.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #128
S280 update!!!!

I've driven the car approx 5,000 miles since I completed the s280 install. Here's what I have to report:

It's so much fun. I'm still on the stock fuel system, and I think I'm going to keep the car where it is. It's dead nuts reliable, gets 30+ mpg in mixed driving, and drives like a dream.

Next plans are to raise the car a bit, and FINALLY get it corner balanced and have a proper alignment done.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #130
what cars have you smoked with your s280's?
anything that suprised yall?
I haven't really raced anything. In fact I still haven't gotten around to getting it on a track since I've thrown the turbo on.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #131
Another update.

Just got back from a month away for school. Car started right up like nothing and is still running great. Going to start getting it prepped for winter duty. Need to raise it a good bit so there's clearance for the snow tires.

I am back on the fence on if I should mod it anymore. I picked up a really clean e46 coupe that could serve as a 3 season daily. But I really like where the fiesta is at right now.

Another update.

Just got back from a month away for school. Car started right up like nothing and is still running great. Going to start getting it prepped for winter duty. Need to raise it a good bit so there's clearance for the snow tires.

I am back on the fence on if I should mod it anymore. I picked up a really clean e46 coupe that could serve as a 3 season daily. But I really like where the fiesta is at right now.

Imo keep it as it is until you feel like you’re ready for the next bump (if ever). Why try to fix what isn’t broken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #133
Imo keep it as it is until you feel like you’re ready for the next bump (if ever). Why try to fix what isn’t broken?

That's kinda where I'm at. It's at the point where to make any noticable improvement would be lots more work (LSD, clutch, fuel system, etc). With the fact that the car hasn't given me a single headache in the 5-6k miles it's had the s280 has me thinking this is a perfect spot for it to stay

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #134
Just made a 240 miles drive to far west PA. Did amazing. It's the first long drive I've made since the s280 install but I wasn't worried at all. Averaged 34-35 mpg at 70mph with the cruise set.

Even with the catless DP and mbrp exhaust the noise wasn't terrible at all while on the highway. Now I get to enjoy the awesomeness that is the Pennsylvania road system.......yay!

I haven't really raced anything. In fact I still haven't gotten around to getting it on a track since I've thrown the turbo on.

What do S280 cars tend to run in the 1/4?

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #136
What do S280 cars tend to run in the 1/4?

On street tires, low-mid 13's from what I've seen. 12's with a slick.

That's kind of what I figured. Expectations have to be tempered a bit because of the engine size, but that's still pretty decent for only 1600cc✔️

After starting from the beginning and read till the end I must say very very impressive. Allot of people talk the talk but you walked the walk for sure. I wish you were my neighbor.. but then again I might need a second job if you were because of all the parts I would order.LOL

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #139
After starting from the beginning and read till the end I must say very very impressive. Allot of people talk the talk but you walked the walk for sure. I wish you were my neighbor.. but then again I might need a second job if you were because of all the parts I would order.LOL
Haha, I didn't want it.to get so far.......oops.

Also my neighbors have differing thoughts about me, the fiesta is loud, my foxbody is loud, and my bmw takes up an on street parking spot haha.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #140
And the lil Fiesta is back in winter mode. I must say, the KSport coils ride a gazillion times better than the oem suspension did on the winter tires. I HATED driving this car in the winters with the stock suspension. But it's actually not bad right now. Fronts are 11 clicks from full soft, and rears are 16 clicks from full hard right now, and it feels pretty damn good.

Also I am aware the front bumper cover is off, I had a slight run in with a deer and see cracked the cover, broke the d/s headlight, and shattered the d/s bumper bracket. I'll be getting the parts sometime this week to get it back together.