Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #82
How'd the trans feel after the fluid change?
1500 miles later and it feels great. Smoother, quieter, shifts are easier, when it's cold <32 it easily gets into 1st.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #83
Got the rear brakes done. Stoptech rotors and OEM pads.

Had an issue with the D/S and had to take it back apart and re-clean the slide pins, and reset the Piston, but all is good now.

Just installed the Race (black) Powerflex engine mount insert.

1st impressions are it tightens it up a good bit more than I thought it would. A tad more NVH at 1,000-1,500 rpm, transfers some more noise and vibes while driving but not horrible at all. Seems to make shifts smoother but will update that in the future since I have a rmm, fluid change, and traction bar.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #84
Update from across the pond:

Ordered stoptech braided lines F&R

Delta styling side skirts

Whoosh rear trunk bar

And some other little odds and ends.

Still can't make up my mind on what Fron splitter to go with. Can't run a rear as I have a Curt hitch, and actually use it.

Also can't make up my mind on what turbo to get. Whoosh Track spec, s280 (the main one I want right now), vt330r, x47r, or say F it and go gtx2860/67.

Also I am going to be going with D2 air ride and accuair v2 management.

The airride decision could change but we shall see.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
oh contraire...you can do a rear diffuser. Dave bought a rear diffuser and modified it to work with a hitch. Get Metal everything for Aero if possible. Road debris does a number on the ABS plastic and fiberglass.....IMO. Go Big turbo or go home...get aux. fuel and rule the roost! Good luck and looking good!

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #86
oh contraire...you can do a rear diffuser. Dave bought a rear diffuser and modified it to work with a hitch. Get Metal everything for Aero if possible. Road debris does a number on the ABS plastic and fiberglass.....IMO. Go Big turbo or go home...get aux. fuel and rule the roost! Good luck and looking good!
Definitely going 4 port aux, also getting an mfactory lsd next month. (Want to do the clutch and slave at the same time, just not sure if I want to upgrade the clutch or just do a new OEM)

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #87
So buying parts is turning out to be a pain. I am currently in Romania, and it seems PayPal is playing games. Oh well.

When I was stationed in Germany, I had no issues.

But I have a huge list of things I'm gonna be buying right when I get home:

-projecter lights from Xino
-rear window rally vents
-konig dekagrams (track set)
-ronal turbo r50 (street set)
-s280 turbo, figured since it's a daily I should get a true bolt on turbo and not go BT, right now that is
-mfactory diff
-new OEM clutch and slave
-tb front crash bar
-BA fmic

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #88
So Update Again.....

Got the Ronal Wheels ordered and they are delivered and waiting for me to get home.

Also was able to pick up a Mountune Radiator, so I am very stoked for that.

Decided to not go with air ride suspension right now (I know the headaches it can cause and don't want to have to deal with them on my only car and daily driver). Decided to pick up K Sport Coilovers.

Also picked up some small odds and ends. Let's just say, there is going to be a lot for me to do when I get home.

Definitely going 4 port aux, also getting an mfactory lsd next month. (Want to do the clutch and slave at the same time, just not sure if I want to upgrade the clutch or just do a new OEM)

Replace the clutch during the lsd install. Ask me how I know. 🛠⏰💰

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #90
Replace the clutch during the lsd install. Ask me how I know. [emoji1009][emoji354][emoji383]
Oh it is getting replaced just cause I'll be in there. I just can't figure to go with a spec or OEM clutch. I'll also be replacing the slave while I am there.

Oh it is getting replaced just cause I'll be in there. I just can't figure to go with a spec or OEM clutch. I'll also be replacing the slave while I am there.

I did the oem upgrade kit and it still slipped. Mitch at CPE is looking into which Spec clutch is the best for a dd with enough clamping force, durability and ease of use. I’ll keep you posted 👍

Got the OCC installed. Also got the TS boost tap in and the autometer boost gauge sensor hooked up.

Changed the oil for the first time today as well.

Question for you, what OCC did you end up going with im on the fence at the moment though starting to lean towards the mishimoto.
Thanks

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #93
I did the oem upgrade kit and it still slipped. Mitch at CPE is looking into which Spec clutch is the best for a dd with enough clamping force, durability and ease of use. I’ll keep you posted [emoji106]
Sweet that's good to know, thanks. With my current situation is: being in Romania till next year, it is going to be sometime before the mods get installed.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #94
Question for you, what OCC did you end up going with im on the fence at the moment though starting to lean towards the mishimoto.
Thanks
Mishimoto. Car was at 23k miles before I left in March and I have no issues to report. Although the tiny screws that mount the can to the bracket NEED loctite or else they will back out.

I haven't had the bracket issue. I can see it has "bent", guess that's the best term, but nothing more than a slight tweak.

I find it's easier to actually remove the whole OCC to drain it. I have big hands and it's hard to get in there to loosen everything up.

Honestly, I will be upgrading the occ at some point.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #96
Get aux fuel and forget all the occ noise [emoji51]
I'm gonna be slapping on an s280 when I get back. So 4 port is definitely going to happen. But I will still run an occ.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mishimoto. Car was at 23k miles before I left in March and I have no issues to report. Although the tiny screws that mount the can to the bracket NEED loctite or else they will back out.

I haven't had the bracket issue. I can see it has "bent", guess that's the best term, but nothing more than a slight tweak.

I find it's easier to actually remove the whole OCC to drain it. I have big hands and it's hard to get in there to loosen everything up.

Honestly, I will be upgrading the occ at some point.

This why you need to hire a Carny...they typically have small hands but smell like cabbage.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #99
This why you need to hire a Carny...they typically have small hands but smell like cabbage.
I should look into it. Sometimes driving a small car has its drawbacks....

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #100
Decided to order the TB front crash bar, gonna give me more room for the big intercooler that's getting slapped on. Also picked up his rear torsion bar.

Picking up the peron 4 port aux next as well as the BA drop in lpfp, so I can have the option of going fill e85 if I want.