Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is your favorite tire brand?

What is your favorite Fiesta ST tire brand?

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 31 9.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Michelin

Votes: 119 34.9%
  • Kumho

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Falken

• Toyo

• Goodyear

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Nitto

• General

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Firestone

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Hankook

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sumitumo

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Hoosier

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
So my $500 Indy 500 quote, turned to $900 shock at checkout at Firestone CAC. After a few minutes of explaining, the girl at the counter fixed it.

Noticed less torque steer in first and second but doesn't have the franctic but quick feel. Took a ramp bend quickly and it's pretty solid. Bridgestones lasted just shy of the car hitting 13k miles. Taking the FiST to the mountains this weekend to see how the Indy 500s hold up. Cheers 👍

Where is Continental in all of this? I do realize that this thread is a little old...but still. Even Hoosier made it onto the list...WTF!
Conti doesn’t make a tire in our OE size iirc, so they can suck a fat one. Also, just in general Michelin>Continental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Another brand that is missing is Cooper. IF someone is interested, start a new survey, link back to this one and vice-versa. There are a lot of tire brands, but at least include all the domestic ones.

Magnetic

I don't have a favorite. I buy whats good at the moment. It's not always the same brand that has the best tires. Just like some Car Manufacturers all have their moments by building a very special car. I dont discriminate LoL

Sam4

Re-tire. Just haven't been in my size yet. The rest are all so f^cking close in daily function that its more fun to try a different brand every 24 thousand miles......like clockwork unfortunately.

I don't have a favorite. I buy whats good at the moment. It's not always the same brand that has the best tires. Just like some Car Manufacturers all have their moments by building a very special car. I dont discriminate LoL
Best also varies by use and application and cost. I run Cup 2s on my GT4, but the Dunlop Sport Max 2 provides better grip for longer sessions. The Dunlop's are $700 more for a set of 4 and Pilot Sport 4s are less expensive than both and provide better tread life. All are available. Best for me might not be best for someone else.

There are all-seasons, winter tires, slicks...

I don't believe one manufacturer makes the right tire for every application. I run Falkens and Toyos on the FiST, Michelin on the GT4, and BFGs on the Gladiator.

Magnetic

Best also varies by use and application and cost. I run Cup 2s on my GT4, but the Dunlop Sport Max 2 provides better grip for longer sessions. The Dunlop's are $700 more for a set of 4 and Pilot Sport 4s are less expensive than both and provide better tread life. All are available. Best for me might not be best for someone else.

There are all-seasons, winter tires, slicks...

I don't believe one manufacturer makes the right tire for every application. I run Falkens and Toyos on the FiST, Michelin on the GT4, and BFGs on the Gladiator.
Agreed. I'm so Jelly you got a GT4 I wanted to buy one this year but had to wait :-( Need to get the house refied 1st.

How are you liking it?

Agreed. I'm so Jelly you got a GT4 I wanted to buy one this year but had to wait :-( Need to get the house refied 1st.

How are you liking it?
Man, prices have gone crazy. I bought mine in Jan 2018 Just as the madness started to wear off and prices came down. Then they came down from 2018 through 2020 and then as the used car market went crazy, prices have gotten nutty.

I had a CGTS prior, which was a better daily. The GT4 is louder, hotter, and more raw. Great clutch feel and amazing steering feel. Much better than my GTS. The GT4 isn't a daily car, so it doesn't matter. It's incredible. Definitely a forever car.

I also did a set of Dundon Race Headers and their tune and it's just a screaming banshee. 100% recommend. Transformed the car.

When you do get ready, buckets are a must have. PCCBs aren't. Unless you want the unsprung mass. I'd still suggest irons and aftermarket ceramics like Surface Transforms. Most of the options were seats, brakes, sport chrono, and stitching. So not a lot of variation in spec out there. Unless someone got Paint to Sample, which always adds to the price.

If you're ever in Georgia, hit me up. We can go for a ride.

Magnetic

Man, prices have gone crazy. I bought mine in Jan 2018 Just as the madness started to wear off and prices came down. Then they came down from 2018 through 2020 and then as the used car market went crazy, prices have gotten nutty.

I had a CGTS prior, which was a better daily. The GT4 is louder, hotter, and more raw. Great clutch feel and amazing steering feel. Much better than my GTS. The GT4 isn't a daily car, so it doesn't matter. It's incredible. Definitely a forever car.

I also did a set of Dundon Race Headers and their tune and it's just a screaming banshee. 100% recommend. Transformed the car.

When you do get ready, buckets are a must have. PCCBs aren't. Unless you want the unsprung mass. I'd still suggest irons and aftermarket ceramics like Surface Transforms. Most of the options were seats, brakes, sport chrono, and stitching. So not a lot of variation in spec out there. Unless someone got Paint to Sample, which always adds to the price.

If you're ever in Georgia, hit me up. We can go for a ride.
Good to know! Yeah the extreme price gouging going on right now has also hindered me from buying ANYTHING LoL When the bubble pops people will be under in their loans and thats when I'll jump onboard.

You totally snagged it before the CRAZINESS happened. Way to go!

Good to know! Yeah the extreme price gouging going on right now has also hindered me from buying ANYTHING LoL When the bubble pops people will be under in their loans and thats when I'll jump onboard.

You totally snagged it before the CRAZINESS happened. Way to go!
I think you're absolutely right on the whole. As it relates specifically to the GT4, and to some degree all Boxsters and Caymans, it will be interesting to watch. We have until around 2023/2024 before the platform is replaced as an EV. Once that announcement is made, I feel like 981 GT4s will see even more ridiculous numbers.

My friend just bought his dark blue metallic GT4 at $110k. That car would have been $95k in 2019. I don't ever see it going under $90k and in 5 years who knows.

A 997 GT3 RS just sold for $300k on BAT. That's $120k-$150k more than where it would have been in 2019. Those are the cars that I think will pop. But I also think if the buyer is in as a long term hold, they will absolutely increase in 10 years.

I bought mine to experience, drive, and keep forever. So I don't care about resale. But extremely happy I did get in before this nonsense started.

Magnetic

I think you're absolutely right on the whole. As it relates specifically to the GT4, and to some degree all Boxsters and Caymans, it will be interesting to watch. We have until around 2023/2024 before the platform is replaced as an EV. Once that announcement is made, I feel like 981 GT4s will see even more ridiculous numbers.

My friend just bought his dark blue metallic GT4 at $110k. That car would have been $95k in 2019. I don't ever see it going under $90k and in 5 years who knows.

A 997 GT3 RS just sold for $300k on BAT. That's $120k-$150k more than where it would have been in 2019. Those are the cars that I think will pop. But I also think if the buyer is in as a long term hold, they will absolutely increase in 10 years.

I bought mine to experience, drive, and keep forever. So I don't care about resale. But extremely happy I did get in before this nonsense started.
Honestly it's probably better for me just to buy it new. I mean the used price isn't much off the new ones. That's the same issue I was running into with the Giulia Quadrifoglio. I may have to just get the GT4 new. But right now I'm standing on the sidelines until I can get at least 30% down. (which will take a couple years LoL)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Definitely NOT Falkens! I wouldn't put them on my car if they were giving them away!
Same way about Yokohama. If I bought a car with'em on there, would send'em to the rubber recyclers versus risk someone else's safety by selling or giving them away.