Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whats a good Loud Exhaust

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Sincere question - are the tips on the CP-E supposed to look so matte? All the ones I see look like they’re made out of galvanized metal.
The whole system is coated I believe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
It's a ss system, then coated. Kinda overkill.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was wondering what that extra pipe was for. Thats a good price you got yours for.
That's their Helmholtz chamber to cut at least some of the drone from having a 3" diameter system.
(I did not see KnockOff's post explaining this before I posted it.)

The problem for me is that it prevents me from tucking the large single (Ultimate Racing) turn down tip I am using up further into the valence cut out, like can be done with the CP-E tail pipes/tips. [:(]

Mitch (CP-E's FiST R&D dude) is supposedly working on a rear 'box' muffler tail pipe section (with an INTERNAL Helmholtz chamber incorporated into it, just like Thermal does) to replace that 'branched Helmholtz' chamber pipe section, and IF it is not the price of a whole new system when it is released, I am getting one for my CP-E system. [wink]

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
That's their Helmholtz chamber to cut at least some of the drone from having a 3" diameter system.
(I did not see KnockOff's post explaining this before I posted it.)

The problem for me is that it prevents me from tucking the large single (Ultimate Racing) turn down tip I am using up further into the valence cut out, like can be done with the CP-E tail pipes/tips. [:(]

Mitch (CP-E's FiST R&D dude) is supposedly working on a rear 'box' muffler tail pipe section (with an INTERNAL Helmholtz chamber incorporated into it, just like Thermal does) to replace that 'branched Helmholtz' chamber pipe section, and IF it is not the price of a whole new system when it is released, I am getting one for my CP-E system. [wink]
That would be bad ass. I didnt know that.

(with an INTERNAL Helmholtz chamber incorporated into it, just like Thermal does)
I didn't realize the Thermal used a Helmholtz chamber, the rear muffler doesn't seem large enough to accommodate an additional 3" chamber. Are there multiple smaller chambers? I'm unfamiliar with exhaust design and curious.