Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel sale at Discount Tire

Just went by DT. The TD rep was not in today. They are calling on Monday. Seems very promising. No word on pricing. I'll keep everyone posted Monday.

OP
E
Thread Starter #23
I was thinking of Toyo R888 in 225/50x15's. I read that these need less camber than the RA1's. I'm running -2.25 now which is perfect for the R888's vs 5 degrees for the RA1's. I put a couple photos on pg. 48 of the Meaty Tires thread. Think this will work?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup 15.5 without valves stem or TPMS on my two sets of TD. also I have had the center caps replaced as they got warm and deformed after some track time. So if you track your TD's keep that in mind my fault as i took them out while warm if I would have left them till the wheels cooled they may have been fine..

Attachments

OP
E
Thread Starter #30
They'll match a price you give them. I took 15% off a good published internet price and wrote the specs and price on a piece of paper. I handed it to him, he made a call and said yes, he can match that. I should have done 20%. He asked me where I got my price, I said an internet forum, and that was enough. That's before the rebate too.

If you have problems with them requiring a quote, and you're interested in the 15x8's TD 1.2's, PM me and I'll scan and send you a copy of my invoice. They'll have to match that.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For those willing to got a bit further you can get 15x8, roll formed, 6UL, 11.4 lbs, $159 each, just have to do the 4x100 conversion, 4 lbs per corner is a big deal in weight reduction in the most critical area of a vehicle;)

I have a set on the way for my AS tires, for my street tires and my race tires I run 15x9, 13.4 lb roll formed wheels, bought ten of them for $1240 shipped! (note, they will not fit a stock bodied FiST unless you change the rear camber and roll all the fenders)

The TD is a good solid wheel and you are still saving a ton of weight over the stock wheels and will love how much better the car rides so not a bad way to go at all, I just tend to go a bit more over the edge, been a life long curse, disease, blessing perhaps.....:)

DT sales folks here in SF Bay Area not helpful at all. One never heard of pre-paid card discount on wheels and just wanted me to stop in, the other said no pre-paid visa card anymore, although the website states one but only for $30.

I wonder if one can purchase out of state and have them shipped here. If anyone who got the deal is willing to share their DT contact info I'd be willing to give them a call to find out. Ultimately more sales for them.

Was just told by discount tire $177 per wheel including shipping. Comes out to right around $700 shipped. Nothing in stock 5-6 weeks bla bla.
I mentioned price matching, they said they could see what they can do. Might throw a few numbers their way and see what happens.

The guy was helpful, but really confused why I wanted them...

I got the same price. Not sure how to price match since there's not much online. If you have any success let me know how you did it.

Maybe [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] could PM us a copy on the invoice as long as it didn't have any of his personal info[biggrin]

OP
E
Thread Starter #36
Maybe [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] could PM us a copy on the invoice as long as it didn't have any of his personal info[biggrin]
PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy. Ext569 on this thread has contacted my sales rep and is checking on ordering from him and drop shipping.

First a big thank you to [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] for sharing the info on the sales rep he worked with at DT. Here is how it went down for me:

- Sales rep was very helpful. I referenced the deal he had given to [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] and he had no problem matching that, $173/wheel out the door (excluding the $100 rebate)
- Turn around time 6-10 weeks
- Need to prepay, to qualify for the $100 Visa Checkcard
- I am in CA and he can have the wheels drop shipped to a local America's Tire here
- WA sales tax (9.5%) applies, regardless of where the wheels are delivered as he is completing the sale. At 8.25% like myself that is only $8 more.
- Wheels must be delivered to a Discount Tire/America's Tire shop as they log the receipt from distributor and customer pickup.
- Oh, you can pick any color TD supplies, I believe some colors may have surcharge

Sales rep is open to as many other members ordering from him at same price and getting the US/Canada rebate while it last (expires 4/2). Just understand that there will be a wait, the WA sales tax, AND possibly some considerations for added shipping.

I didn't ask for permission to publish his name/phone here, so please PM [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2529]Ext569[/MENTION] for details. No need to have a copy of [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] invoice.

Hope this helps!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Too bad I bought my set already a while back or this looks like a smoking deal and I'm happy that we're not just depending on one source to buy these from. Good thread and share:)

No link. You must contact your local Discount Tire/America's Tire dealer by phone or in person. Alternatively we have a DT dealer in WA state willing to process orders for us. See previous postings for details.