Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel sale at Discount Tire

I was about to pull the trigger on some Sparcos from tirerack.com, then stumbled onto this post. Walked into a discount tire today and ordered them, salesman price matched and I get the $100 visa gift card rebate. Thank you fiesta ST forum , you're the bees knees! White Assetto Garas will be mounted Thursday or Friday.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was about to pull the trigger on some Sparcos from tirerack.com, then stumbled onto this post. Walked into a discount tire today and ordered them, salesman price matched and I get the $100 visa gift card rebate. Thank you fiesta ST forum , you're the bees knees! White Assetto Garas will be mounted Thursday or Friday.
For your sake I hope the wheels are easy to clean and won't be a brake dust magnet.Being white and all!(No racism intended ).

DT in suburban Chicago just quoted me 175.00/wheel but said they only get the 15x7, in silver only, from their supplier . I showed the sales guy the ericr quote and he said he couldn't touch that price. He did agree that the $100 rebate would apply, so 150 plus tax out the door, no shipping. He had no idea what TD wheels were and had to make several phone calls to find out the info. I didn't get much beyond that as they were busy and he wanted to get to the next customer.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
DT in suburban Chicago just quoted me 175.00/wheel but said they only get the 15x7, in silver only, from their supplier . I showed the sales guy the ericr quote and he said he couldn't touch that price. He did agree that the $100 rebate would apply, so 150 plus tax out the door, no shipping. He had no idea what TD wheels were and had to make several phone calls to find out the info. I didn't get much beyond that as they were busy and he wanted to get to the next customer.

That place doesn't understand that price matching something to a better deal even if they make just a couple bucks will most of the time be remembered by that customer and make them a customer for life. At one of my jobs if a customer comes in and shows me a legit ad or sales brochure and I can order it I'll match and sometimes beat that price to make them happy and I know they will come back again and they will always remember where they got the deal and they tell everyone. I've been told "Hey its not your money it's the companies money so make them happy that's all that matters"....this is why I. Have a loyal base of customers.

For your sake I hope the wheels are easy to clean and won't be a brake dust magnet.Being white and all!(No racism intended ).
I know, probably need the Hawk pads sooner than i had planned. They do make a polish, or wax, you can wipe on them that repels brake dust and grime, so I am going to get some of that. Can't remember what its called at the moment.

Edit: Quick search for 'brake dust replant' resulted in numerous options.

PM me if you are still interested in 15x8 and are willing to work with a WA state dealer.

Got the deal on the TDs. $571.97 after the rebate. Now to wait...

Also, spoke to the guys at TD, Kevin was very helpful in making sure there would be a set for me.

Well damn. I wish I would of went this route. I ended up paying $730 for mine through PCA-1 on here. and waiting 12 weeks for them to come in. ;/ Oh well. They should be worth the price and the wait I hope anyway.

My local Discount Tire said their cost on the wheels is $190/each and they have to make some sort of profit, so they wouldn't honor the price.

I could send you a copy of my invoice. [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] sent me a copy of his. I handed it to the sales rep and he didn't even flinch to get close to the price. He did say they were making like an $8 profit per wheel. haha, they are a huge corporation so I don't mind[smoking]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have bought a few dozen wheels from Discount and when moved to a different area, buying for one of our kids, etc...always went back to the manager I became friends with and made the deal, put in the system, then they just looked it up and ordered the wheels, tires, etc in at the store I was at or had them on hand already as normal stock.

Glad you guys are getting a deal on these but I do fee a bit bad for Chalon, PCA, a very good vendor that has done a lot for us here but simply cannot compete against deals like this. Being a long time business owner I can understand his situation, he was making this happen when nobody else was getting wheels for this car in stock, etc....

I am going through a different situation as have a lot of competition selling stuff that is not even real that is taking away from my business but all I can do is offer the best real products for the money as not going to lower my standards, same thing we have done since '98 when there was the big name brand, a few bigger companies less well known and me, I beat the crap out of their prices and service, now the market is full of lyers and cheats and some honest sellers over inflating the value of their products:(

BUT, business is business, we have to adjust with the times, just how it is so take advantage of the deals when you can to get the most for your money:)

I have bought a few dozen wheels from Discount and when moved to a different area, buying for one of our kids, etc...always went back to the manager I became friends with and made the deal, put in the system, then they just looked it up and ordered the wheels, tires, etc in at the store I was at or had them on hand already as normal stock.

Glad you guys are getting a deal on these but I do fee a bit bad for Chalon, PCA, a very good vendor that has done a lot for us here but simply cannot compete against deals like this. Being a long time business owner I can understand his situation, he was making this happen when nobody else was getting wheels for this car in stock, etc....

I am going through a different situation as have a lot of competition selling stuff that is not even real that is taking away from my business but all I can do is offer the best real products for the money as not going to lower my standards, same thing we have done since '98 when there was the big name brand, a few bigger companies less well known and me, I beat the crap out of their prices and service, now the market is full of lyers and cheats and some honest sellers over inflating the value of their products:(

BUT, business is business, we have to adjust with the times, just how it is so take advantage of the deals when you can to get the most for your money:)
I feel bad as well for not going with PCA, but I think the $100 rebate is what is swaying people. Once that expires, folks we go backing to buying from him.

I have a buddy that is a manager at discount, he told me cost on the rims with taxes is $615. I paid $730 through Chalon. I do not regret going through him. I am happy with my purchase, I might cancel my order and go through my buddy as he told me the wheels will be in, in 5 weeks. Chalon still does not know when my wheels will come in and I ordered 8 weeks ago. I will lose out on the $250 non refundable deposit I put on the rims, but at least I am getting a crazy deal. I would end up paying $515 for the rims shipped to my door through discount since the $100 rebate is there. But I am going to wait for Chalon to get back to me and see if he has an estimated time for my rims to come in. I want to support our vendor, and he really is a pretty cool guy from what I can tell anyway. So I guess I will wait a few days and make my decision then. I do not want to cancel my order, but if the rims wont be in for another 8 weeks, I don't want to wait that long when I can get them for $200 cheaper and much faster.

Anyone get their wheels they ordered from DT yet? I called today as it has been about 8 weeks and they called the vendor to check where they were. Still on the "boat", mid June they say, or July. Sucks. I am going to call TD today or tomorrow to double check that.

Chalon at PCA is saying the same thing about their container (might be the same container?). It hasn't left Europe for the US yet and he isn't getting any info beyond that.

OP
E
Thread Starter #58
Anyone get their wheels they ordered from DT yet? I called today as it has been about 8 weeks and they called the vendor to check where they were. Still on the "boat", mid June they say, or July. Sucks. I am going to call TD today or tomorrow to double check that.
I haven't gotten mine either. Last set I ordered through PCA took 3 months.

OP
E
Thread Starter #60
I went down to Discount on Friday and saw 4 sets of 15x8's awaiting their new owners. 3 sets of bronze and 1 anthracite. I didn't know bronze was so popular.