Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which LSD?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I just emailed a local performance shop that's installed a few of my friends clutches / LSD's.

I was looking at M-Factory, you said you've had no issues @Woods247 ?
I haven’t had any problems with it at all. I use Motul 300 gear oil and change it twice a year. The diff has been flawless. 2J Racing installed it for me. Apparently it was straightforward.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #25
I got quoted at 12 hours labor, including a flywheel refinish. When I asked about clutch replacement at the same time they said that would add 3 hrs. Which seemed confusing since I assume you have to remove the clutch anyway to get to the flywheel.

I haven’t had any problems with it at all. I use Motul 300 gear oil and change it twice a year. The diff has been flawless. 2J Racing installed it for me. Apparently it was straightforward.
Awesome thanks!

I got quoted at 12 hours labor, including a flywheel refinish. When I asked about clutch replacement at the same time they said that would add 3 hrs. Which seemed confusing since I assume you have to remove the clutch anyway to get to the flywheel.
Surgeline in Portland OR quoted me this:

2 separate quotes btw. One is if I supply the trans, the other is if I have them install my clutch and remove/replace trans themselves.

1623780111409.png

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #27
Awesome thanks!

2 separate quotes btw. One is if I supply the trans, the other is if I have them install my clutch and remove/replace trans themselves.

View attachment 41350
Surgeline is who I am looking at too, they quoted pretty much the exact same. AR motorsports was significantly higher.

Surgeline is who I am looking at too, they quoted pretty much the exact same. AR motorsports was significantly higher.
Hello Oregon friend 😁

I live in newberg m-f, wonder if we've seen each other? My girl works at sherwood Safeway so im over there a lot.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Awesome thanks!

View attachment 41350
That estimate seems high. Around here the most expensive is Mountune and they come in at $1600

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Is that including installing a clutch and resurfacing the flywheel, as well as the LSD install kit etc?
Well here is the deal resurfacing a flywheel is like $80 max then the install kit you can buy yourself from a few different places so you can possibly get a deal. Next off Remove and install a clutch is easy. work. There are $900 in extra charges there that make the quote steep.
$1100 is drop your trans install diff and kit and put it back in the car. I cannot see them charging more than a couple hundred to do the clutch. I would hazard to say it would come out to at least $500 less than your quote… but ya more shops here you may be capative audience so to speak.

Well here is the deal resurfacing a flywheel is like $80 max then the install kit you can buy yourself from a few different places so you can possibly get a deal. Next off Remove and install a clutch is easy. work. There are $900 in extra charges there that make the quote steep.
$1100 is drop your trans install diff and kit and put it back in the car. I cannot see them charging more than a couple hundred to do the clutch. I would hazard to say it would come out to at least $500 less than your quote… but ya more shops here you may be capative audience so to speak.
That 1100$ quote is if I drop the trans and bring it to them. They were charging 70$ to resurface the FW.

I'm sure different labor rates and regions carry different prices. I had 2J Racing quote an LSD install for me. They would drop the transmission, disassemble, check lash, install, reassemble. I would provide the Motorcraft LSD install kit and Trans Fluid - $1200 flat rate.

For what's it worth.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #34
Hello Oregon friend 😁

I live in newberg m-f, wonder if we've seen each other? My girl works at sherwood Safeway so im over there a lot.
Ha, I think I know who you are. Pm'd. Maybe we can get a combo deal?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Sorry I don't have time to read every post here. Mainly because I had my MFACTORY installed a few months ago. THE best price, hands down. The best warranty. And like all the others, it works great. Save some money and get the MFactory. IT'S AWESOME! join the dark side!

it. oh yeah.png

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm sure different labor rates and regions carry different prices. I had 2J Racing quote an LSD install for me. They would drop the transmission, disassemble, check lash, install, reassemble. I would provide the Motorcraft LSD install kit and Trans Fluid - $1200 flat rate.

For what's it worth.
what I was stating at $1100 is what FSwerks in Orange county charges here for the same deal 2J quoted for.

Whatever diff ones goes for is their choice. Its also a matter of opinion. One can state because they saved $300 and thinks its the same its therefor a much better deal. Though that is clearly an opinion and possibly not an actually fact.

P.S. Wavetrac has the same warranty that MFactory has.

Last edited:
OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #37
what I was stating at $1100 is what FR sports in Orange county charges here for the same deal 2J quoted for.

Whatever diff ones goes for is their choice. Its also a matter of opinion. One can state because they saved $300 and thinks its the same its therefor a much better deal. Though that is clearly an opinion and possibly not an actually fact.

P.S. Wavetrac has the same warranty that MFactory has.
In my mind it comes down to labor. I got quoted 12 hours for labor. I assume its closer to 8. The labor rate is the difference based on cost of living in the area. OC has got to be about the same as Portland Metro area though if not much higher in terms of cost of living.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Send me a Wavetrac and I’ll put it in my car and compare laptimes on a new YouTube channel. 99.9% sure no one will care though because $300 will almost buy a set of shitty RSRs for this car 😂

1623811526877.gif

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Nice to see people taking diffs so personally in here.:ROFLMAO:

In other words get over it guys. If your diff works for you be happy . Some choose a different diff using different tech thats patented and does work.
If they feel its worth paying more for what is the problem. You did not buy it they are buying it. :ROFLMAO: