Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which order should I buy my parts in

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #21
I honestly just need a rally and an asphalt track to ale my fiesta on and what’s that boss pro karting
@the duke

Kind of depends on your long term goals and how you use your car. From a performance standpoint, I think the conventional wisdom is the stiffer the better, and there are mounts made for pretty much each of the various points the engine & trans attach to the car. The down side of stiffer mounts is an increase in cabin noise and vibration. There are options ranging from just a bit stiffer than stock to "did you weld it in?". The smart thing to do is probably to talk to Ron at Whoosh and follow his instructions.

The somewhat less smart thing to do it to post up your plans and uses for the car, then find out what 782 others have already done and now think you should do. ;)

EDIT: Just saw the "non-ST" part. Not sure this advice applies equally to a non-ST.

Thanks to all the feedback from the community I was able to find the parts I need to bring out the most or more potential at of my 2016 Ford Fiesta S I just need to know what order I should get it in was gonna start off the the air intake since it would show improvement immediately plus I can install it myself and it’s not a bad price but after that I would would like to install either the suspension and exhaust kit next but I would have to do one or the other first. The rest like the mud flap the hood and the spoiler will be last but I’m gonna be wrapping it the putting in a blue metal mesh for the grill I’m hoping it’s will come out Iike the all blue fiesta and then when I get my carbon fiber hood it will look the last one
@dhminer @Dialcaliper @Ford ST @Jabbit @sonicmn @Mycooking but thanks to y’all’s feed back y’all made it a fun learning experience and gave me the feedback I needed to find the right parts I appreciate y’all greatly

What kind of blue metal mesh are you going to be using for the custom grill? Like a woven wire cloth? Welded? In the past I have used stainless steel - something like the 4 x 4 mesh seen here Woven Wire Mesh - 4 Mesh for Grills

I am not sure this is the best choice looking back - If I was to redo it - I would lean more towards like a perforated metal or a "hex" type of honeycomb design.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #27
What kind of blue metal mesh are you going to be using for the custom grill? Like a woven wire cloth? Welded? In the past I have used stainless steel - something like the 4 x 4 mesh seen here Woven Wire Mesh - 4 Mesh for Grills

I am not sure this is the best choice looking back - If I was to redo it - I would lean more towards like a perforated metal or a "hex" type of honeycomb design.
I decided on this stuff from Amazon fro the mean time is aluminum 4,6 rhombus

Attachments

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #28
Kind of depends on your long term goals and how you use your car. From a performance standpoint, I think the conventional wisdom is the stiffer the better, and there are mounts made for pretty much each of the various points the engine & trans attach to the car. The down side of stiffer mounts is an increase in cabin noise and vibration. There are options ranging from just a bit stiffer than stock to "did you weld it in?". The smart thing to do is probably to talk to Ron at Whoosh and follow his instructions.

The somewhat less smart thing to do it to post up your plans and uses for the car, then find out what 782 others have already done and now think you should do. ;)

EDIT: Just saw the "non-ST" part. Not sure this advice applies equally to a non-ST.
I can get this for it

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #30
I'm with typhoon abit. If you want a custom unique car carry on as you are. If you want the performance of a st change to the st.
Yea I want a custom unique car I did myself I’m not disappointed if anything surprised that I could do so much with this car I feel like when I finally finish this up to the way I want it and get the project car I want then I might think about engine swapping it and turn it into an ST myself

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #31
I w
Save your money and just go Buy an actual ST. There are some nicely pre-modded ones out there. [thankyou]
I want to honestly but I just turned 23 and feel like I was luck enough to get a car by myself with no co-signer and I’m happy it’s at least a S instead of it just being a normal car

I w

I want to honestly but I just turned 23 and feel like I was luck enough to get a car by myself with no co-signer and I’m happy it’s at least a S instead of it just being a normal car
Heck yeah dude and you have drive to work with what you got and thats even better. I had a 2004 Scion XB bbox on wheels and while it couldn't out run a fart it was sweet on driving it hard and hitting the corners fast. It only had an ECU reflash and stainless header for go fast mods but with better tires brakes and suspension it was a hoot.

DEss

I w

Pretty sure the S is a normal car. If I remember correctly, the only good S was the one year they had the turbo 1 litre 3 cyl with the 5 speed manual. And even that one, as fun as it likely was, was not nearly in the ST's league. Do yourself a favor and try to drive or get a ride in an ST.

Doing what you planned on doing will set you back time, money, and aggravation. Plus you'll as likely as not end up making it an unreliable turd. But it's your money to do as you please.

DS

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #34
Heck yeah dude and you have drive to work with what you got and thats even better. I had a 2004 Scion XB bbox on wheels and while it couldn't out run a fart it was sweet on driving it hard and hitting the corners fast. It only had an ECU reflash and stainless header for go fast mods but with better tires brakes and suspension it was a hoot.
Yes sir that’s is inspection to get my car to how I envision it

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #35
Pretty sure the S is a normal car. If I remember correctly, the only good S was the one year they had the turbo 1 litre 3 cyl with the 5 speed manual. And even that one, as fun as it likely was, was not nearly in the ST's league. Do yourself a favor and try to drive or get a ride in an ST.

Doing what you planned on doing will set you back time, money, and aggravation. Plus you'll as likely as not end up making it an unreliable turd. But it's your money to do as you please.

DS
thanks for the advice @DEss