Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who did you take to Gapplebees Today?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
Took an mid Teens Volkswagen R to Gapplebees last night on the way to werk. Did a 40 roll and hilarity ensued. Pretty sure it was El stock R. But it was still a blast. pretty sure my car is 20K less too.;) Even with mods*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Took an mid Teens Volkswagen R to Gapplebees last night on the way to werk. Did a 40 roll and hilarity ensued. Pretty sure it was El stock R. But it was still a blast. pretty sure my car is 20K less too.;) Even with mods*

šŸ˜† šŸ˜‚ I'd like to find one to have fun with. But the last actual decent one I had was an alpha romeo Giulia. They live around me and we have had a few rounds. This time I had added the hpfp and injectors. They were a bit shocked. Before the injectors and hpfp they stayed pretty close. The cool thing about the owners is the husband and wife drive it and both like to race. šŸ˜†

dhminer

2000 Post Club
šŸ˜† šŸ˜‚ I'd like to find one to have fun with. But the last actual decent one I had was an alpha romeo Giulia. They live around me and we have had a few rounds. This time I had added the hpfp and injectors. They were a bit shocked. Before the injectors and hpfp they stayed pretty close. The cool thing about the owners is the husband and wife drive it and both like to race. šŸ˜†
Thatā€™s awesome. Iā€™ll have to meet you half way one day for some fist on fist action down 49

Dialcaliper

Not exactly the kind of 40 roll story youā€™re thinking of, but yesterday I was cruising up one of my favorite local twisty mountain roads, and about 1/4 way up thereā€™s a long, very tempting 90mph straight section where the speed limit intentionally drops from 40 to 30mph.

Anyway, Iā€™m playing it cool doing just under 40 because often enough, thereā€™s a cop hanging out right at the end of that straight before the road turns into ā€œ25mphā€ curves.

Iā€™m ready to cut loose when this aggro moron in a Toyota 4-runner comes blistering up behind me, starts immediately extreme tailgating and flashing his lights, and then pulls out across the double yellow (right before a blind corner) to make a downright suicidal pass (Iā€™m already doing 10 over the limit)ā€¦right as I see thereā€™s no cop and Iā€™m putting foot to floor for the last WOT stretch into the braking zone, I catch his overtaking motion in my left mirror, then see him drop back like heā€™s standing still. After the first pair of corners, heā€™s nowhere to be seen. I wish I could have seen the look on his face.

Made it 3/4 of the way to the summitā€¦until the temp gauge starts climbing. Fourth time on an uphill since I got the car a month ago even though the weather has only been in the 70s (F). At least I know now to expect it and back off and take it easy before it goes over the ā€œmaxā€ line and into limp mode.

The radiator I finally ordered last week from the latest Mountune batch *still*ā€™says ā€œprocessingā€ā€¦ šŸ¤¬

Once again glad I bought this car - once I get it sorted the way I want, itā€™s going to be a load of shit-eating grins.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Not exactly the kind of 40 roll story youā€™re thinking of, but yesterday I was cruising up one of my favorite local twisty mountain roads, and about 1/4 way up thereā€™s a long, very tempting 90mph straight section where the speed limit intentionally drops from 40 to 30mph.

Anyway, Iā€™m playing it cool doing just under 40 because often enough, thereā€™s a cop hanging out right at the end of that straight before the road turns into ā€œ25mphā€ curves.

Iā€™m ready to cut loose when this aggro moron in a Toyota 4-runner comes blistering up behind me, starts immediately extreme tailgating and flashing his lights, and then pulls out across the double yellow (right before a blind corner) to make a downright suicidal pass (Iā€™m already doing 10 over the limit)ā€¦right as I see thereā€™s no cop and Iā€™m putting foot to floor for the last WOT stretch into the braking zone, I catch his overtaking motion in my left mirror, then see him drop back like heā€™s standing still. After the first pair of corners, heā€™s nowhere to be seen. I wish I could have seen the look on his face.

Made it 3/4 of the way to the summitā€¦until the temp gauge starts climbing. Fourth time on an uphill since I got the car a month ago even though the weather has only been in the 70s (F). At least I know now to expect it and back off and take it easy before it goes over the ā€œmaxā€ line and into limp mode.

The radiator I finally ordered last week from the latest Mountune batch *still*ā€™says ā€œprocessingā€ā€¦ šŸ¤¬

Once again glad I bought this car - once I get it sorted the way I want, itā€™s going to be a load of shit-eating grins.
I just let folks like that pass, especially if there isn't a passing lane. I'll even pull towards the shoulder, slow down, and put my hazards on or wave them to indicate they should go on ahead. They might have a legit reason to be rushing, or not, but it's not like we're going to stop to discuss it.

Dialcaliper

I just let folks like that pass, especially if there isn't a passing lane. I'll even pull towards the shoulder, slow down, and put my hazards on or wave them to indicate they should go on ahead. They might have a legit reason to be rushing, or not, but it's not like we're going to stop to discuss it.
Honestly, it was half coincidence - I was out driving the twisties for fun and basically nearing the end of the ā€œcop straightā€ and prepping the Eurobeat (figuratively) for the really fun section, and I was already partly on the throttle as soon as I saw the coast was clear (thereā€™s a specific pullout the cop usually hangs out in), my reaction was that there was no way Iā€™m letting this moron spoil a good run literally seconds before I was going to speed up anyway.

If it had been farther back in the long straight, or if heā€™d actually pulled up behind me and given me a chance to let me use a turnout, I might have let him pass and caught up to him later. Iā€™m not so young anymore that Iā€™d sit slow in front of someone just to piss them off. Iā€™ll most definitely pull out for anyone thatā€™s going faster than me the same way I wish other people would for me.

But Iā€™m not so old that I canā€™t enjoy dusting someone who thinks they are entitled above decency, laws and common sense.

It was like that person that lays on their horn the second a light turns green, even when the person in front is actually paying attention and is even starting to move already. Thereā€™s really no excuse for not counting to 3, or even ā€œone thousand oneā€ first.

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Double check your coolant levels. Mine overheated once on a mountain climb because it was low and the overflow sucked in some air. Topped off and no more problem

Some kid in a Civic that only had a loud fart cannon and nothing else. His GF was funny telling him not race lol if you could call it a race. I didn't even bother going full boost seeing as my old Scion xb with just a tune would have taken him.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Is this a thread about taking people to Gapplebees? Or a Maitenence thread....i could've sworn that's what the thread implies....cmon people!

Third revision from my base tune. 91 octane. Pretty worn General G Max AS-05 tires.

Ran Chevy all night, 2 2020 Camaro SSs and a modded C4 Vette (mods unknown).

First Camaro SS, a blue one, just driver. On a 30 roll. Camaro begins to pull near the top of 2nd and pulls to about half a car or so somewhere in 3rd.

Second Camaro SS. Black. Driver and gf. 25 roll. Was ahead by a fender until the top of 3rd where we stopped. Guy rolls down his window to let me know his excuse of losing was he was stock. šŸ™„ I was like, you're low 12s stock, stop. šŸ˜‚

Rematch with a C4 Vette from earlier this summer. Old e30 OEM turbo setup (that allowed me to beat a stock Evo 9) lost to this C4 by a car and a quarter panel at the top of third.
On a roll from 40. Top of 2nd the C4 pulled a quarter panel. At the end of 3rd, the C4 pulled to half a car.
Ran two more times. When we both went WOT simultaneously, we ran dead even. C4 guy didn't like that. šŸ˜

Sorry, only took one out of three to gapplebees. šŸ¤·. Figured most would like to know.

Just stock turbo with E30 and ridiculous tires can really melt faces off the line Iā€™m learning. Especially since Iā€™m just getting better at moving through the gears quicker and keeping in the ideal part of the rev range as times goes on. Iā€™ve had a couple good pulls through 3rd recently with modified chargers and challengers around here since they just start dropping gears as soon as another modified car is near apparently. :LOL:

Now that the exhaust is on it pulls a lot more attention from other people out and about similarly enjoying their rides. Not sure if itā€™s truly indicative of anything but the amount of modified, spiritedly driving, cool vehicles around here seems to be increasing. Three different Fiesta STā€™s while driving today which is totally out of balance with my average lol.

I did also get absolutely smoked by a new Golf R. :ROFLMAO:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just stock turbo with E30 and ridiculous tires can really melt faces off the line Iā€™m learning. Especially since Iā€™m just getting better at moving through the gears quicker and keeping in the ideal part of the rev range as times goes on. Iā€™ve had a couple good pulls through 3rd recently with modified chargers and challengers around here since they just start dropping gears as soon as another modified car is near apparently. :LOL:

Now that the exhaust is on it pulls a lot more attention from other people out and about similarly enjoying their rides. Not sure if itā€™s truly indicative of anything but the amount of modified, spiritedly driving, cool vehicles around here seems to be increasing. Three different Fiesta STā€™s while driving today which is totally out of balance with my average lol.

I did also get absolutely smoked by a new Golf R. :ROFLMAO:
I think you might be right about that. This car is actually not bad from a dig despite being FWD. Even when I'm not being aggressive, staying out of boost I often find myself ahead of the pack.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, when at a light and just taking off without even a 'perfect launch', all of these supposedly MUCH quicker SUVs, and cars, seem to disappear in the rear view mirror quite quickly (like I am the Enterprise entering Warp Speed!).

But, maybe they are just worried about seeing their fuel gauges move like the second hand on a watch, despite buying/driving such high zoot/'ticket' rides?? [dunno]

Either way, they are most likely scratching their collective heads wondering how a 'little shitbox' can sprint that quickly! LOL

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Was he trying to race you, or intimidate you for being in a small car (like sooo many of them do)??
Probably the 2nd. We were on a multi lane road and I wasnā€™t driving aggressive, but anytime I gave it part throttle to put distance he closed it. He couldā€™ve passed me leading up to the u-turn.

I also got a big IBEW union sticker on the back of my car. Maybe he was a fellow tradesman trolling me. No telling.