Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh BBK

There is a technical drawing of the caliper but I don't see anything else.
I thought it had the dimensions for clearance from hub to caliper face as well? That should be the clearance you need to clear the spokes over the caliper right?

kevinatfms

There is a technical drawing of the caliper but I don't see anything else.
The website drawing gives you the distances from the knuckle/hub to the outset of the caliper. If you print it real size you would be able to measure it out.

It isn't the usual print to 1:1 size and stick in the back of the wheel type template but it gives you measurements that you can check with a ruler/tape.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The website drawing gives you the distances from the knuckle/hub to the outset of the caliper. If you print it real size you would be able to measure it out.

It isn't the usual print to 1:1 size and stick in the back of the wheel type template but it gives you measurements that you can check with a ruler/tape.
Great point by you and others here as well. I was thinking about the rotor when ultimately that doesn't matter, it's really the bracket/caliper that matter. Wondering if people would be willing to pay for time/materials for plastic "calipers/brackets" for fitting purposes.

kevinatfms

Great point by you and others here as well. I was thinking about the rotor when ultimately that doesn't matter, it's really the bracket/caliper that matter. Wondering if people would be willing to pay for time/materials for plastic "calipers/brackets" for fitting purposes.
The calipers could be made in plastic but you would still need the adapter brackets for those calipers to really do you any good. The calipers are usually shelf items and the brackets custom made for the specific car.

The paper template version works because its easy to just cut out and place in a wheel to see. Anyone can print a sheet of paper and check.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The calipers could be made in plastic but you would still need the adapter brackets for those calipers to really do you any good. The calipers are usually shelf items and the brackets custom made for the specific car.

The paper template version works because its easy to just cut out and place in a wheel to see. Anyone can print a sheet of paper and check.
I agree - I own this bbk and could take parts off for measurements.

Hi Guys,
To add a datapoint, we have used a Wilwood kit for a while, 12.2" rotors with Dynalite calipers, and they work fine with the correct pads. At least up to around 210-215hp. The .81" rotors are the limiting factor in my opinion, that and the small pad volume that is required to fit any of the available brake sets to a Fiesta. We would go through rotors almost as fast as pads. The rings are inexpensive, but the 50$ ones cracked even faster so we started using the directional vane ones that were around 110$ each, and they lasted around 2 sets of pads. The pads we found best are the Wilwood BP-30. They last really well, and dont really fade before fluid boils.... BP-10 are awful, even for street, mu is just too low. never tried 20...
We have now gone to the EBC kit, and it is much thicker rotor and much more pad and caliper volume. They are larger and slightly tighter fit than the Wilwood, but everything that worked for the Wilwood kit has worked for the EBC kit. 15x9 wheels, 15x8 wheels, same spacers, ducted backing plates....
Our build thread has some details, or feel free to PM with any specific questions.

ronmcdon

what pads are you using with EBC kit? Wondering if it's possible to use non EBC pads.
also curious what size spacers you needed. as I understand the EBC BBK needs more clearance.

Is possible. It is a standard pad shape shared by a bunch on AP Racing calipers. I am running the EBC RP-1 pads, and they feel similar to the BP-30 from Wilwood, though maybe a little faster wearing. EBC is coming out with a new compound, SR, and I am waiting for it to be released and will try them next. They also have RP-X, but it is higher friction than RP-1, and I dont think we need more.
EBC also offers all its street compounds in the pad shape. We run the yellows on the street, and to-from the track.

kevinatfms

Has anyone confirmed these are actually AP Racing calipers? The caliper bolts arent correct for an AP racing caliper(hex vs inverted torx).

TEI Racing has a 285mm kit that looks exactly like the Whoosh kit. Down to the rubber caps on the bleeders and even the inverted torx bolts holding the halves together.

This is the china based TEI Racing kit:
https://www.teiracing.com/sale-1287...drilled-slotted-drilled-and-slotted-disc.html

Its dead nuts match to the Whoosh kit. They may not be actual AP calipers but instead use an AP caliper sized pad? Are replacement rotor rings available? Are lines available? Are caliper rebuild kits available?

Alot of questions that i cannot seem to get answered.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I will say this. The Stoptech BBK is fantastic. Pricey, but quality. Also pretty sure its calipers are on the bigger end between all the BBKs lol. I'm still running the stock pads that come with the BBK and they still damn near have half life left after alot of daily driving and 5 track days. Overkill AF for the street but its a safety item so :shrug: plus I got a deal on them new in box so that helps lol

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Has anyone confirmed these are actually AP Racing calipers? The caliper bolts arent correct for an AP racing caliper(hex vs inverted torx).

TEI Racing has a 285mm kit that looks exactly like the Whoosh kit. Down to the rubber caps on the bleeders and even the inverted torx bolts holding the halves together.

This is the china based TEI Racing kit:
https://www.teiracing.com/sale-1287...drilled-slotted-drilled-and-slotted-disc.html

Its dead nuts match to the Whoosh kit. They may not be actual AP calipers but instead use an AP caliper sized pad? Are replacement rotor rings available? Are lines available? Are caliper rebuild kits available?

Alot of questions that i cannot seem to get answered.
Iā€™m hoping eventually we can answer this. I bought a whoosh bbk on here but have yet to remove it from the box

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Iā€™m hoping eventually we can answer this. I bought a whoosh bbk on here but have yet to remove it from the box
It actually makes sense that the Whoosh could be the TEI . I was told you could not get rotors separate awhile ago apparently I was wrong.

The rotors on the API site are sized differently i.e. there are no 285mm rotors . I would not be surprised if A: TEI is handling manufacturing for API or B: TEI knocked off API anyways all things to consider. I got a great deal on my Whoosh so I am not really concerned. I do check my brakes on a regular basis so I can do pad swaps to preserve rotors anyways.

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
not sure where are the confusion is coming from
I stock replacement rotors, hats, hardware in 285mm (most popular)
and can bring in 300/330mm very quickly
I just sent replacement rotors to Australia and a US customer earlier this week. EBC pads for our BBK are shipped regularly
A good way to be informed is to send me a PM here, email us, or call using the contact methods on the front page of the website for questions about our products

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just sent replacement rotors to Australia and a US customer earlier this week. EBC pads for our BBK are shipped regularly
A good way to be informed is to send me a PM here, email us, or call using the contact methods on the front page of the website for questions about our products
my Bad Ron I had previously heard that. I stand corrected and will edit my post.

kevinatfms

Having replacements is great unless the base kit is made in a factory that has zero quality control over the production process. Can you confirm that they are AP racing or TEI based calipers?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Having replacements is great unless the base kit is made in a factory that has zero quality control over the production process. Can you confirm that they are AP racing or TEI based calipers?
Confirmed our kit is whoosh brand, used all over the world like many of our products. If there are concerns about our house brand BBK, we do offer BBK's from VMAXX, Wilwood, Tarox, EBC, and Stoptech as well