Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh BBK

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
and for whatever it's worth, I don't ever plan on going big brake kit for my Fiesta ST. I'll find all the other ways to increase stopping/decrease brake fade without being forced to slap wheel spacers on my ride/introduce another element to the car that Dearborn never intended (not that i'm judging anyone who does, cause i'm not)
I am staying totally out of this whole discussion/dispute, but the above I could not agree with more (particularly the bolded above).

As much as I love the 'look' of (and the no knockback performance of) a fixed caliper, 2 piece rotor, big brake setup, I am NOT going to spend upwards of $2500.00 for the kit I want, and then be forced to use spacers to make my current 4 sets of wheels usable at all, especially with not ever having plans to open track the car. [wink]

My apologies for not acknowledging that you are in fact agreeing with most of my points. If you're disagreeing about my assumptions about Ron and Whoosh, that's totally fair. But in my defense, I'm just drawing logical conclusions with the spartan info we have on this kit. And this lack of information - whose fault is that? If i were a reseller trying to sell a cheaper alternative to a part that LIVES depended on, I'd provide MUCH more info. At the very least, not be dismissive when asked about it.

Let's go point by point here:

1. ISO 9001 includes QC. Here is an excerpt from one of the members that provide certification. I found MANY other sites that speak to ISO including quality control.

ISO 9001 Quality Management System | ISO Certification | ISO Quality Services Ltd (isoqsltd.com)
View attachment 52831
Standardizing manufacturing and holding it to a higher standard is obviously a form of quality control. That's not debatable. ISO is the big deal it is because it helps ensure that whatever is being built is held to a higher standard.

2. Rota or any wheel can break under the right circumstances. No wheel is invincible. Nor is any standardization infallible. But not having ANY certification at all for a BBK is way outside my comfort zone.

3. I run Pierce stuff. I wouldn't care if PM was ISO certified. If any of it were to fail, i would still be able to stop my car. It's not risking my life if my strut tower brace snaps. We are debating a very specific product. Not a good example.

4. MR is the better example. Obviously, ISO is not the end all, be all in my decision-making process. I was very clear on the fact that the 100s of good reviews influenced my decision. There aren't any good reviews for TEI. AGAIN, I KNOW IT'S ALL CONJECTURE. But it's my life, I have a right to err on the side of caution. And i urge others to do the same and i'm wrong for that? Unless there is a trove of 100s of reviews on this BBK somewhere i haven't found, ~10 people on this forum running them for what, a year or so, is nowhere near enough to place my trust in this product.

Especially when the seller is being SO opaque. Jared, from MR, was on the site almost daily answering questions and explaining anything and everything we threw at him. Remember? If that were the case for this BBK, my comments would be different. But he is indifferent and that is unacceptable. Be indifferent about an intake, not brakes.

5. And no. Not just any company can get an ISO certification. It's a fairly rigorous inspection. It's not the joke that a DOT sticker on a motorcycle helmet is. It's more accurate to say any company can PAY for the inspection, but it doesn't mean they will pass. We can go all day about ISO but the real issue is this is a no name, mystery BBK. I'm only saying ISO would help since we don't have any other source of info.

6. I believe you when you say there are US air force suppliers without certs...but the gov't, any gov't, isn't exactly the best example here lol. Tons of things are sold without a cert of any kind. And we all buy them all the time. But again, these are brakes gentleman not a shift knob.

You both continue to comment on my conjecture, but I've repeatedly admitted that it IS conjecture. I knowwww. And you're assuming the opposite of what i'm assuming. Also conjecture. That's all it is. I wish Ron would speak in more detail about the kit but that hasn't happened as of yet. But they ARE extremely uniform and perfectly precise lol.

Agreed. But it does help get a product closer to reliable, repeatable results and I want my brakes to repeatedly stop :)
agree we should all get back on topic to what (if any) BBK we wanna put on our Fiestas. I learned a lot reading through everyone's replies and always appreciate people giving well thought responses. extra thanks for everyone staying civil.

now on to emailing TEI for their BBK (KIDDING!!! ...maybe?)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
agree we should all get back on topic to what (if any) BBK we wanna put on our Fiestas. I learned a lot reading through everyone's replies and always appreciate people giving well thought responses. extra thanks for everyone staying civil.

now on to emailing TEI for their BBK (KIDDING!!! ...maybe?)
LoL wellllll...But he never confirmed that it's a TEI kit so maybe it isn't?

I asked him to price a kit for shits-n-giggles. I'll start a new thread when he responds.

1670437549032.png

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I was never convinced they were AP. I searched their whole catalog and NOTHING looks like the whoosh kit. Now TEI is spitting image! And Ron just glosses over this like it's some coincidence. " Confirmed whoosh"??? Lmao. Literally a carbon copy. Next he'll say TEI stole his image. Hey, maybe they did....???? Who knows? Anything is possible

But still so glad I didn't pull the trigger. These are fixed caliper brakes for half what reputable kits cost and what some rotors cost! Corners HAD to be cut somewhere to meet that price point for a WHOLE kit. I don't cut corners on braking mods...still eyeing Stoptech.

I'm also looking hard at the oem Renault Clio Brembo conversion kits. At least I'll know where the parts for my life saving equipment is sourced! lol

You say Ron will take care of any issues and I don't doubt that at all but...the end of this sentence will be grim so I'll just leave it at that.
Stoptech is definitely a good choice. Pricey but you get what you pay for. People are always surprised on how much the kit is but IMO its a safety item so alot of money spent on an upgraded safety item is not necessarily a bad thing.

I am staying totally out of this whole discussion/dispute, but the above I could not agree with more (particularly the bolded above).

As much as I love the 'look' of (and the no knockback performance of) a fixed caliper, 2 piece rotor, big brake setup, I am NOT going to spend upwards of $2500.00 for the kit I want, and then be forced to use spacers to make my current 4 sets of wheels usable at all, especially with not ever having plans to open track the car. [wink]
I agree the price is iffy but you get what you pay for. Luckily I was able to get the Stoptech BBK from a member on here new for $700 less then retail. Got it for $1500 instead of $2200. It was a little funny because I think I was the first person to not have to get spacers for their wheels to make them fit. The 17x8 38mmTD Pro Race 1.2 fit with PLENTY of space. Now obviously for the winter I had spacers for my stock wheels but its not that big of a deal. As well as I don't see a problem with spending good money on an upgraded safety item.

I also occasionally track mine so thats another reason I got them. But yes they're 100% overkill for the street lmao.

I'd like to add, Stoptech has an actual template you can download and print to put up to the hub of your wheel to see what the clearance will be. It is accurate. So people shouldn't be surprised if their wheel doesn't fit without a spacer when they have access to a template.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Do any of y’all have torque specs for these? Fairly certain I’m supposed to use factory torque specs to attach the bracket, but no clue on attaching the caliper. @Dpro @Jabbit

Also, was any shimming required?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Do any of y’all have torque specs for these? Fairly certain I’m supposed to use factory torque specs to attach the bracket, but no clue on attaching the caliper. @Dpro @Jabbit

Also, was any shimming required?
I didn't shim anything. I attached everything "tight" with orange loctite.

if TEI ever gets around to an ISO cert it's looking like whoosh/TEI for a big fat radial mounted BBK or...

Kit is not listed. Only his most popular kits are on the website. Found out about it from another member who used it on a rally build to fit under Method 15" wheels.

Kit components:
Wilwood 4 piston DSP radial mount calipers
11.75" x .810 GT Casting(Spec 37) w/ Wilwood dynalite hats/rotor rings
TCE brackets for 11.75" rotors
TCE/Wilwood brake line kit
Wilwood BP30 pads
Wilwood hardware kit
for one that can clear an OEM wheel

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Did you just buy that kit ? Man I wished I would have gotten that style. Seems people are getting either this kit or the AP racing style caliper
I bought it secondhand but unused. No idea when the original owner got it. He sent me two sets of redstuff and a set of yellowstuff, plus I won some more yellowstuffs in one of EBC’s contest posts on here. Considering my OEM pads made it 82k miles, I’m probably good on pads for the rest of my life lol