Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #803
The “false positive crash detection” was definitely caused by the smaller battery. Since I didn’t charge it overnight while the car sat at the track in the cold it didn’t have enough amps to power the car under WOT and power multiple other electrical inputs from the steering to the fuel pumps to the sensors.. I’m sure if I’d kept it on a tender overnight it would’ve been ok but it wasn’t possible. I’m happy with the heavy ass Die Hard AGM battery I put in the car. I’ll move it to the rear now that I know it’ll work.

I’m also tired of fuel starving issues. I’m going to try Hydramat first. If it is a bitch, I’ll order a Radium setup from Tune+ and build a box in the hatch to contain it.

My car is so fast right now. I’m still in love with it after 3 or 4 years. I haven’t taken any track pics from the last two events but if someone sends me a couple I’ll post them up. I’ve just been focused on the car.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #805
How low of a tank where you at when you started running into issues on track?
Anytime it’s under 2/3. It only happens at AMP at the end of the long left hand carousel (+100mph). I haven’t had the issues at any other track. I can run it empty everywhere else.

Woods -

Appreciate the responsiveness and details in the thread. I tried to get through it all prior to questions to ensure I wasn't asking something already answered.

You mentioned you took the car to a different shop for corner balance/alignment. Do you mind sharing details on the shop?

I am in N GA and looking for a shop for the LSD install as well. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #807
Woods -

Appreciate the responsiveness and details in the thread. I tried to get through it all prior to questions to ensure I wasn't asking something already answered.

You mentioned you took the car to a different shop for corner balance/alignment. Do you mind sharing details on the shop?

I am in N GA and looking for a shop for the LSD install as well. Any recommendations?

Thank you.
2J Racing installed my LSD. Joe does alignments and corner balancing as well. I’ve also used Jason Ownes at DASH Autosports for corner balancing and suspension tuning. He’s in the same building as Motion Control Suspension now. Both guys are outstanding and very capable. If you choose to go with DASH, pm me and I’ll connect you with Jason. I don’t want to publicly post his number. 2J is well known everywhere for building solid aftermarket power parts for Nissans. DASH is more hardcore race tuning and known around that scene very well.

I have Joe or Jason setup my car, then I take it to Gabe at Gran Turismo East for the alignment. I’m picking up plates to do my own alignments from now on but Gabe at GTE is the best around ATL for rack alignments.

2J Racing installed my LSD. Joe does alignments and corner balancing as well. I’ve also used Jason Ownes at DASH Autosports for corner balancing and suspension tuning. He’s in the same building as Motion Control Suspension now. Both guys are outstanding and very capable. If you choose to go with DASH, pm me and I’ll connect you with Jason. I don’t want to publicly post his number. 2J is well known everywhere for building solid aftermarket power parts for Nissans. DASH is more hardcore race tuning and known around that scene very well.

I have Joe or Jason setup my car, then I take it to Gabe at Gran Turismo East for the alignment. I’m picking up plates to do my own alignments from now on but Gabe at GTE is the best around ATL for rack alignments.
Thank you. Wasn't familiar with DASH or Gran Turismo. I'll give them a call.

Read through this whole build thread over the last 2 days, and man oh man I'm inspired. Just recently installed a Sparco f200 seat and some rear camber plates in mine, the first legitimate racecar mods done, hopefully of many. LSD shot up to the top of the list after your glowing review. Cheers for the detail Woods after all these years

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #812
Read through this whole build thread over the last 2 days, and man oh man I'm inspired. Just recently installed a Sparco f200 seat and some rear camber plates in mine, the first legitimate racecar mods done, hopefully of many. LSD shot up to the top of the list after your glowing review. Cheers for the detail Woods after all these years
Thanks a lot man! The LSD is still my favorite mod.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
What is the reasoning behind shaving the rear honeycomb grill? Not sure I've seen anyone do this before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5