Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #961
It may be unnecessary to shave the rear grill for a street car, but I do own a grinder so consider me inspired! :LOL:

Shaving the rear grill has been on my mind for a while, as it looks so cheesy when not actually functional. Does the rear grill become super flimsy after shaving it?
Not at all. Just be careful not to grind through the smaller ones along the edges.

Do you know what the weight of the TH2s are compared to the stock wheels?

From searching online it looks like anywhere from a pound or 2 lighter to 2 or 3 heavier.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #965
Do you know what the weight of the TH2s are compared to the stock wheels?

From searching online it looks like anywhere from a pound or 2 lighter to 2 or 3 heavier.
I don’t. My guess is they’re close to the same but wider. I didn’t weigh them before mounting tires.

anticon

I'm really curious now what kind of gains you saw from shaving the rear grill. I started going down the aero rabbit hole last night. I read through your entire thread because of your air dam and splitter.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #969
It’s only at the top of course but before the shave, accelerating from 110mph to +130mph took longer. I don’t have the means to record data to show it but there are small mph gains earlier towards the end of a long straight while corner exit speeds entering that straight were the same (TrackAddict with a 10Hz external GPS). Perhaps it’s unnecessary unless you’re topping out 4th, 5th and into 6th. The gains are small but it was worth the effort. The best solution would be adding a diffuser along with the shave. With newfound additional grip, my car is faster than I am again so it hasn’t been a priority.

A buddy of mine did this before me and swore it helped but I was reluctant to agree and felt it wasn’t worth the effort. It does help (albeit minimal and at very fast speeds) so I’m glad I took 1/2 day and opened it up. A better mod if you haven’t done it is pulling the fenders out and mounting 225 or 235s.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
@Hijinx should do this rear grille shaving mod, IF he still does, or is planning on doing again, those (closed road) 'open road' time trials, or flying mile time trials. [wink] [thumb]

Great picture Mr. Woods, I'm a big fan of your build , quick question? Why your driver side mirror is black?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5