Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #922
Thanks man. It should be a lot better. Hopefully the 235 RT660s will fit as well. I’m definitely going to try the new Continental Extreme Force in 225 after these heat cycle out. I’m really glad I didn’t have to go through the work of installing M2 flares. I’m a bit of a perfectionist so it would’ve cost me a lot $$$$ in paint/body work. That’s one thing I do not mess with.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yeah it looks phenomenal, nice job! I'm in a similar but different camp - I want the meaty tire but don't care as much about looks. When is your next track day to really test out the setup?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #924
Yeah it looks phenomenal, nice job! I'm in a similar but different camp - I want the meaty tire but don't care as much about looks. When is your next track day to really test out the setup?
Likely late August at Road Atlanta. I have stuff going on that’s preventing track time. It really needs to be tested at AMP because there’s a deep hole that makes the car bottom out every lap. Road Atlanta has a heavy curbs though. I suppose I’ll find out there too now that I think about it. Turn 3 and 5 for sure.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Likely late August at Road Atlanta. I have stuff going on that’s preventing track time. It really needs to be tested at AMP because there’s a deep hole that makes the car bottom out every lap. Road Atlanta has a heavy curbs though. I suppose I’ll find out there too now that I think about it. Turn 3 and 5 for sure.
Awesome. I'm going to Lime Rock in October. Can't wait, it's been probably 15 years.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #928
Just the rotor ring and hardware. Stoptech raised the price significantly. Avoid the kit. I will say, they lasted a long ass time though and my pads are $67. Maybe you should buys the kit after all?? I hate China.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #931
Now I will say, I didn’t pay that much. I saved A LOT buying them through my buddy but still…f*!k $900.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #932
OUCH!!

Ron's whole front kit is only $100.00 more than that! [crazyeye]
Yeah but I have no idea who makes them. For what I paid, I should just be happy the rings lasted 3-4 seasons. Someone here said I brake like an ape recently. The Stoptechs can handle my balls so I’ll just suck it up and open my wallet. I’d only run AP Racing if I didn’t have the ST40s. Everyone inflated their prices to offset the additional expense of living their 2019 lifestyles in 2021. I hate China.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah but I have no idea who makes them. For what I paid, I should just be happy the rings lasted 3-4 seasons. Someone here said I brake like an ape recently. The Stoptechs can handle my balls so I’ll just suck it up and open my wallet. I’d only run AP Racing if I didn’t have the ST40s. Everyone inflated their prices to offset the additional expense of living their 2019 lifestyles in 2021. I hate China.
Quite true, as the AP Racing gravel setup I lust after (almost as much as I want the $8K+ Reiger R2 coil over suspension setup) replacement rings most likely cost WAY more than even those Stoptech rings! [ohcrap]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #935
I managed to make 235/40/17 RT615K+ work without issues on track. It DEFINITELY wasn’t easy lol. Lots of cutting, pulling, rolling and cussing but they work and damn the grip is good! It was worth it. The TH2 rims are too heavy for track but I knew that going in. They were never intended for track. I’ll pickup a set of OZ 17x7.5 wheels and that’ll help acceleration and braking get back to normal. Here’s a few pics. I should have track pics later.
2CC70546-A159-4B70-849A-226F0041BA22.jpeg A4CAD79D-085F-4288-BC57-826832B309DA.jpeg 26C86BEB-B89F-447C-92C6-72E79E447806.jpeg E8360DAF-F2DC-43A2-94DE-763D1137B028.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ll pickup a set of OZ 17x7.5 wheels and that’ll help acceleration and braking get back to normal.
Superturismo LMs?

Too bad that they don't build us the Ultraleggeras in 17x7.5 or 17x8, since they would be one of the lighter offerings in that size (IF you don't HATE the looks of them, that is).

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #937
Superturismo LMs?

Too bad that they don't build us the Ultraleggeras in 17x7.5 or 17x8, since they would be one of the lighter offerings in that size (IF you don't HATE the looks of them, that is).
Yep. I don’t like the Ultras but I’d buy them if they were wide. I think the LMs are the best it’s gonna get unless I redrill, which I don’t want to do. I’m sort of losing the mod bug with this car. It’s come along way and I’m happy with what it’s become. It’s time for a new RWD project I think. I’ll keep it though.

Yep. I don’t like the Ultras but I’d buy them if they were wide. I think the LMs are the best it’s gonna get unless I redrill, which I don’t want to do. I’m sort of losing the mod bug with this car. It’s come along way and I’m happy with what it’s become. It’s time for a new RWD project I think. I’ll keep it though.
The Fiesta platform is fun and I have enjoyed what I've done to mine. It's a great commuter, great back roads, spirited car. As a dedicated track car, not so much for me. A RWD platform would always be preferred.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5