Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Boy I'd like to try out a 235/40. Get the tire options a little bigger but I don't track it enough to warrant that much effort

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #942
It was a lot of work man. Mostly because of trial and error.. Tires are much more expensive too.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
It was a lot of work man. Mostly because of trial and error.. Tires are much more expensive too.
In theory if you cared less about aesthetics and keeping it neat/tidy under the fenders, how much easier would that have made it?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #944
In theory if you cared less about aesthetics and keeping it neat/tidy under the fenders, how much easier would that have made it?
Not sure what you mean.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #946
Yeah now that I know what to do it wouldn’t be terribly difficult. An air angle grinder with a 4” cutoff wheel made cutting easy. I sanded it with a flapper wheel and will probably cut and tig weld the low point that’s making contact with the center of the tire when the suspension bottoms out. All of our local tracks have lots of elevation change and transitions where our cars bottom out. If you don’t bottom out it likely won’t be an issue. I tried hitting it with a heavy hammer but that sheet metal is incredibly strong. It could be smashed if you’d rather not weld it I’m sure.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #947
I prefer approaching projects like this methodically with the assumption I might have to make multiple attempts. I’m never in a rush when I work on this thing.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #948
17x8 et 40 Grids on the way since I cannot get the Crest. I don’t love the LMs enough to open my wallet that far. Maybe if they were 8” wide I would’ve.. Every car looks good with TE37s and their copies anyways and they’ll make for nice inexpensive “lightweight” track wheels. I might sell the 17x8 et30 Compomotive TH2 wheels if anyone is interested. PM me.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #949
Car looks great, I’m interested to hear how it performs with all that meat on there.
There is a lot more grip, even with RT615K+. It’ll take some seat time for my balls to acclimate. I hope to be at VIR next week but there are a few things going on non-car related that I need to handle first. I’ll definitely be back at RA before the end of the season to retest with no bottom-out rubbing and lighter wheels. I finally remembered to charge my 10Hz GPS antenna so I could use TrackAddict last weekend. It’s the first time since last September that I’ve recorded lap data lol. My times were consistent but there’s a lot of room for improvement, whereas before I was at the car’s grip limit. Lap after lap the times were extremely close. The heavier wheels kept me from braking as late as I’m used too (which f’d me up) but the Rotas should remedy that. It was HOT last weekend too. I had zero grip problems after setting front hot temp to 33psi and rear hot temp to 30psi (I used to run 34psi hot square with 215 RT615K+). I also found adjusting my front suspension 3 clicks harder than the rear helped turn-in. It’s nice to be stiffer.
I suspect I’ll destroy my PB next trip. Humidity has dropped 40% in just one week! I just need to trust that the car can carry significantly more corner speed than I’m used too. It’ll come with more time. And THANK GOODNESS the crash sensors didn’t false positive again. I think that’s fixed now.

Erick_V

Out of curiosity what kind of speed are you seeing before T10? Also, what speed are you entering T12?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #954
131mph (rev limiter 5th) before 10a and 110mph at 12 because I’m a puss

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
It may be unnecessary to shave the rear grill for a street car, but I do own a grinder so consider me inspired! :LOL:

Shaving the rear grill has been on my mind for a while, as it looks so cheesy when not actually functional. Does the rear grill become super flimsy after shaving it?
He hits 130+ mph on the track so I highly doubt it. It's on my to-do list as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5