Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

This is what I did to the RT660s last August. Front and rear. I’m sure there were tire pressure and driver mods to be had and make them work, but I chose just to go to Hoosier R7s instead. They have been fantastic.

Attachments

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,462
Not sure how far you are from it, but Carolina Motorsports Park re paved the whole track and is a great spot for testing now that the surface isn’t shit. We typically rent the place out for a day once a year. If you’re interested in making the trip north I’ll keep you in the loop on timing.
Please do! It’s not far at all. I think within three hours actually.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,463
@cidsamuth dayumn! That’s that’s the worst set I’ve ever seen. 😂 I’ve had pretty good luck but I do the “heat cycle then 24hr rest” thing with them. I almost bought a set of AR1s but decided to go with another set of RT660.

You’ve probably stated this many times but what whp and torque are you running these days? I’m not a big fan of a lot of exterior mods but I’m a big fan of yours.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,472
You’ve probably stated this many times but what whp and torque are you running these days? I’m not a big fan of a lot of exterior mods but I’m a big fan of yours.
It’s never been on a dyno but currently it’s tuned with e30 so probably right at 300whp and the torque should be a little higher than that. Another local member had the same turbo, fuel and tuner and that was what his dyno results showed.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,473
Completely forgot to unplug the RCM before going on track at AMP today and sure enough, as soon as my tires were up to temp and I started pushing, the car thought it crashed, killed the fuel pumps and about put me in the Armco at 125mph. I’m gonna make one more attempt to fix this with a buddy and if it doesn’t work this car is gonna be sold and I’m buying a GT4. There’s nothing more frustrating than false positives and sadly a lot of newer cars have these issues. I’m just glad the airbags don’t pop like they do in others that get tracked.

This happened awhile ago and I’ve kept quiet but at this point it needs to be shared. I reached out to Randy Robles (Tunerwerx) to see if he could assist me fix this issue, since he works on rally cars. He said he “looked through his notes and said he could fix it with some software and hardware modifications”. He took my cash then told me he couldn’t fix the problem because he can’t access the RCM via the ECU. Zero refund was offered and he was a complete dick when I asked. He sent me a map (which I assumed had a fix for the issue I paid for) and it turned out to be a base map for an ECU performance tune. I had absolutely zero interest in a performance tune and he knew that from the beginning. My car literally wouldn’t idle with that map so I reached out and asked WTF it was and that’s when he started dancing. I told him I didn’t want an ECU tune. I wanted the false-crash issue fixed and he told me to remove my RCM and ABS hardware because there’s nothing he can “tune” out. I asked what the “software” part of his fix I PAID FOR was and he never answered. Multiple times... The guy has no integrity. He couldn’t even admit he’d made a mistake when he realized he had no access to the code that needed to modified to fix the issue I paid him for. The bad thing is, I had absolutely no recourse via PayPal because I purchased his “custom ECU tune” as instructed since there wasn’t a specific item on his website for what I needed. Since he sent me that useless ECU base map, PayPal sided with him because “he provided me with what I purchased.” Unbelievable huh? That’s the kinda guy Randy Robles at Tunerwerx (and formerly of Mountune) is. Just know that if any of you having this issue reach out to Tunewerx because he tunes rally cars and he tells you he can fix it, he can’t. The only solution I found is to unplug the RCM and do that at your own risk.

On a side note, three other tuners had zero problems tuning my car. JST, Stratified and Tune+ and all of their base maps were perfectly functional and fine. Choose your own adventure….

Last edited:
Completely forgot to unplug the RCM before going on track at AMP today and sure enough, as soon as my tires were up to temp and I started pushing, the car thought it crashed, killed the fuel pumps and about put me in the Armco at 125mph. I’m gonna make one more attempt to fix this with a buddy and if it doesn’t work this car is gonna be sold and I’m buying a GT4.
Holy shit, glad you're ok. I don't track my car but I can imagine how frustrating this is, especially having the false hope that it could be tuned out.

Silver lining though if you do go that route, the GT4 is amazing. It's one of my dream cars.

Erick_V

Completely forgot to unplug the RCM before going on track at AMP today and sure enough, as soon as my tires were up to temp and I started pushing, the car thought it crashed, killed the fuel pumps and about put me in the Armco at 125mph. I’m gonna make one more attempt to fix this with a buddy and if it doesn’t work this car is gonna be sold and I’m buying a GT4. There’s nothing more frustrating than false positives and sadly a lot of newer cars have these issues. I’m just glad the airbags don’t pop like they do in others that get tracked.
Yikes. Glad you're ok. Wanted to go the same route as you soon but recently decided to keep it as a street car that can be used for a track day rather than a full track car. On another note, have driven a 911.2 GT3 at Driveway Austin and it was phenomenal. They say never meet your heros but that car confirmed that I need a Porsche in my life. I'm sure the GT4 is just as good if not better being smaller and lighter.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,476
Holy shit, glad you're ok. I don't track my car but I can imagine how frustrating this is, especially having the false hope that it could be tuned out.

Silver lining though if you do go that route, the GT4 is amazing. It's one of my dream cars.
Thanks. It’s one of those problems that sticks with you. It’s kind of like getting over the feeling of the first time a brake pedal goes to the floor. Unlike a GT4, this car was never designed for what I’m using it for and that’s the problem. I might need to accept that its limits for track use have been met. I’m hoping the options I discussed with a friend today works.. I have much bigger plans for this car but it’s pointless to proceed if we can’t safely fix this issue. I’m not interested in spending the cash for a standalone ECU and ABS system. Buying a real race car or factory track car like the GT4 is more practical but not as fun as building something as fast in my garage. I’m soooo damn close too. Fingers crossed we find the right human who can and will help.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,477
Yikes. Glad you're ok. Wanted to go the same route as you soon but recently decided to keep it as a street car that can be used for a track day rather than a full track car. On another note, have driven a 911.2 GT3 at Driveway Austin and it was phenomenal. They say never meet your heros but that car confirmed that I need a Porsche in my life. I'm sure the GT4 is just as good if not better being smaller and lighter.
Yeah there’s literally nothing wrong with any Porsche GT car other than the expense of operating one three times a month on race tracks. 😂 GT3s are on another level. I get humbled by Porsche Cup cars often. They’re so fast it’s almost incomprehensible to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5