Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,524
I thought it was folklore that FORSCAN could be used for brake bleeding.

Where can I find the procedure?
@Jabbit has you! It’s soooooooo good. I have the trial license and it worked. Make sure to top off after each bleed. It pulls a lot of fluid.

(y) Interesting optical illusion! Wide-angle lens distorts relative size difference between FiST and Tundra.
that is not an illusion. the BrokeFiST has eaten many a track car. it has grown substantially because of it. BrokeFiST and our FiSTs are not the same. I'm not even sure why @Woods247 has it rigged up this way. last i checked the BrokeFiST tows the Tundra home before tucking it into bed at night and then working a 12hr swing shift at the factory.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,528
I was able to put a little over an hour of track time on it at Barber today with the RCM unplugged. It seems I’m able to disable TC by holding down the button per usual. Only thing that’s weird is I experience random fuel cut at high RPMs and I don’t recall having that before. It could be unrelated.. I probably should’ve logged the sessions with my AP. I will get better at collecting data now that I have proper tools but I need to develop the habits. I have A LOT of other responsibilities when I’m at the track so I don’t always think to press record when I hop in the car. I didn’t record an entire session on my Garmin today and it was without a doubt my fastest. Go figure.. I was pushing pretty hard each time I was able to clear traffic trying to get into the 30s but a 42 was the best I could do. The car and I can definitely cut more time but I need practice and the car needs a few setup tweaks for this track.

Things I learned at Barber today:
1) I need more time on that track to learn better throttle modulation so I don’t spin the tires so much. Fresh 235 RT660s (heat cycled once the week before for proper break in) and I was lighting them up due to impatience. They have so much corner grip it’s worth keeping the taller and heavier tire. I probably should’ve dialed a couple of clicks out of the front shocks to soften them up but I was more focused on tuning tire pressures. I’m still getting used to the higher spring rates too. The car is extremely predictable and reacts to inputs better than it ever has since upgrading the spring rates, LCAs and rear bushings but rebound was a little faster than desired today. I need to find the new settings for Barber, which just takes seat/track time. I don’t think the dampers need to be revalved yet..

2) Pretty sure I need to physically lower my aero since I can’t lower the car. It’s not as effective as it could be if I dropped the front splitter and rockers a couple of inches closer to the tarmac. I could run a much more aggressive front aero setup at Barber since I spend most of the time cornering in 3rd or 4th gear. The rear might benefit from one of my smaller wings so I’ll bring them along next time to test. A monster front wing or additional canards would be really helpful. @Fusion Works I need your help. I’ll reach out privately.

3) Mustang GT350s are fast cars. Heavy but damn. Also, everyone is K Swapping NA and NB Miatas and they’re fast. I’m still not buying a Miata but damn.

Fusion Works

It sucks that I missed this event, I was almost ready to go until the house remodel kicked into high gear. That has removed most of my car focus at the moment. I heard from a Friend who went there were 140 cars. Ya'll still didn't post the entry list on MR, I figured it wasn't highly subscribed? Guess I better sign up for the GLTB now.

Yes, getting that splitter down will make a huge difference. I am not saying 1.5in will work for your car, but........ I have built in multiple height settings into my splitter brackets so I can have my "street" settings and "track" settings.

How did you like the feel of the rear end with the sphericals in the beam?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,530
It sucks that I missed this event, I was almost ready to go until the house remodel kicked into high gear. That has removed most of my car focus at the moment. I heard from a Friend who went there were 140 cars. Ya'll still didn't post the entry list on MR, I figured it wasn't highly subscribed? Guess I better sign up for the GLTB now.

Yes, getting that splitter down will make a huge difference. I am not saying 1.5in will work for your car, but........ I have built in multiple height settings into my splitter brackets so I can have my "street" settings and "track" settings.

How did you like the feel of the rear end with the sphericals in the beam?
You know, I wish I’d driven with the spherical bushes in the beam before swapping springs because I just can’t tell a huge difference. Supposedly 2014 FiSTs (like mine) came with stiffer bushes from the factory and maybe that’s why. I can feel much quicker rebound response but I don’t know how much impact the bushes have on that versus 2k stiffer springs. I don’t notice any additional NVH but the ride on the street is pretty harsh on bad roads. I wouldn’t want to daily them nor the LCAs but for track they’re both really good. I’m thinking less about weight transfer in turns than I used too. It’s hard to articulate in text but the “feel” is “better” than my 2014 bushes and there wasn’t a learning curve

Regarding the splitter, I want to change to adjustable mounts. When I feel like a mountain run or general street driving I could run the air dam and splitter I have now but for track I want it as close to the ground as possible with tunnels and slider pucks.

This vid sort of illustrates areas where I would benefit from more front downforce (and seat time). Some of the wheel spin issue is associated with front passenger camber being overly aggressive. I’m dialing that back this week back to -3 from -3.7. I have a tendency to light the front right tire in right handers at just about every track. This was a test session Monday at Barber after unplugging the RCM and holding the TC button down for around 20 seconds. Clearly TC is totally off and I have ABS. It’s the first time I’ve made it around the track more that two laps since 2019. Now that I know my car can make it, I’ll work on technique with seat time.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,531
…I also forgot to mention that my seat is connected to the rollbar now which resulted in a MUCH stiffer ride on the street. There’s zero flex in the seat now.
EEAC3D4A-8774-42FA-9DF5-61F9D08D89DE.jpeg

Fusion Works

Racetech seat? They are the only current company I know that attaches their seatbacks to the roll structure. Its a fantastic idea. I have one of those for my other race car. It was developed by Racetech for the Viper Race program. They were designed to take a 45g hit and with the slots for a proper 6pt harness. This is the only 1999 FIA seat with these features. It wasn't until the 2009 standard that these features started showing up.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,534
Kirkey seats attach to the harness bar too but I prefer composite over aluminum construction.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
What do you see on track for coolant temps? What are you running for radiator, thermostat, coolant, etc. I hit 214 during my track day today and that seems way high.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,540
What do you see on track for coolant temps? What are you running for radiator, thermostat, coolant, etc. I hit 214 during my track day today and that seems way high.
I have a Mishimoto radiator and thermostat with whatever the Ford coolant is. I rarely look at the number on my AP but it’s usually over 200 if I’m pushing and it’s over 40F ambient. I tend to watch the OEM dashes and they’ve never gone above normal since the radiator/thermostat swap. Thermostat just helps in traffic I think. Doesn’t do much for track. Do your temps come down quick when you back off? Mine typically drop to high 190s until I complete a cool down lap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5