Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,561
Did 2J source/fab that strut brace for you, or did you adapt/re-purpose an already existing one (or did you fab it up)??
Nah this is all custom. My Pierce wouldn’t work with the plates so Dakota built one. Dude is incredible. He’s a Fiesta ST guy too. 2J ALL DAY!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,566
Is that why your little flag icon shows Jamaica? Looks peaceful.
It’s the Bahamian flag actually but yeah I’m down here again for a few days. It’s pretty quiet in the Abacos. Most tourists don’t come here and it’s really slow paced. One of my favorite places on the planet. I could seriously live off grid here.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,571
I witnessed Fusion Works have a false crash detection in the same corner my car does it in too. Clearly my car isn’t the only FiST that has that issue on that track. Unplugging the RCM for track use is easy enough though and prevents the problem.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,575
Ooof. Maybe coulda died yesterday??? Front hub cracked. I thought a tire exploded at 130mph but it was a hub coming apart. 😬 Changing all four every year now 😂

IMG_2244.jpeg IMG_2245.jpeg IMG_2246.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yikes! I guess your hubs see more abuse than the average fiesta owner, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that happening
Some of the ARA rallyists' hubs probably see similar stresses (and even more impact type stresses than hopping the curbs on road courses) albeit not the sticky tire/aero induced side loading g's of Woods247's ride.

But, even if they do every event available to them in the whole country, they are not competing as often as Woods247's car sees the track. [wink]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,580
Why so often? Is it because you race yours?
It sees a lot of track time. I also run wider 235 tires and have about 100whp over stock. The hubs weren’t designed for the way I use the car so I will need to replace them more frequently. I’m sure I’m not the only one to crack a hub but it definitely isn’t common.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5