Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #242
Parked pics from AMP yesterday. It’s pretty hot here but the car ran good. No overheating or braking issues but the new X47 isn’t putting out as much power as the first one I had. Maybe its the heat or the light spring in the new WGA or a combo of both. I picked up a Whoosh manifold for it and plan to tune for E30. I know I said I had no plans for aux fuel but I’m tempted.. We’ll see if we can squeeze anything else out if it before I move on to a turbo with more power. I still intend to keep the car forever.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #246
Ordered a set of 215/40/17 Federal 595 RS-Pro tires today. I went ahead and had them heat cycle them for me as well to save some time. Looking forward to seeing if they live up to the hype. The same retailer has Nankang AR-1 R-Comps as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ordered a set of 215/40/17 Federal 595 RS-Pro tires today. I went ahead and had them heat cycle them for me as well to save some time. Looking forward to seeing if they live up to the hype. The same retailer has Nankang AR-1 R-Comps as well.
WHICH retailer actually heat cycles these??

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Let us know how you like them. The Nankang AR1 look interesting too

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #251
Let us know how you like them. The Nankang AR1 look interesting too
I really want the AR-1 but I need to stick within 200TW limitations. I’ve read nothing but good reviews about the AR-1.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Many places do but I picked them up from Phil’s Tire. Tirerack will heat cycle tires for $15/ea if I remember correctly.
Yes, I know, as I bought a set of the original Falken Azenis RT615Ks (275/40-17) from them heat cycled, for my '00 Z28, but they refuse to sell Federal, or Nitto products. [:(]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #253
My DHM IC popped a fn weld again so I pulled it off and took it to a racecar buddy to permanently fix it. I also took the opportunity to remove the VT snorkel.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #255
Cool Social Distortion sticker. [thumb]

They were the band playing when I took my kids to see the Tony Hawk Huck Jam Tour many moons ago, at the Meadowlands Arena.
I’ve been listening to that band since I was a kid in the 80s. Their last two albums haven’t been that great but I still see them every tour. Their shows never suck and Mike Ness will always be a bad ass.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ve been listening to that band since I was a kid in the 80s. Their last two albums haven’t been that great but I still see them every tour. Their shows never suck and Mike Ness will always be a bad ass.
They do an EXCELLENT "Ring Of Fire" cover! [thumb]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #257
I had my buddy weld an aluminum tube between the front/rear endtank plates to help prevent pulsation. It’s the “drum head” vibration that keeps cracking the welds.

Saw 'em on that self-titled album tour in my hometown (Wilmington, NC) in 1990. Pretty wild show. Ness threatened to walk there were so many beer bottles flying.

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
I had my buddy weld an aluminum tube between the front/rear endtank plates to help prevent pulsation. It’s the “drum head” vibration that keeps cracking the welds.
]
Did you see if yours had a diversion plate already welded inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #260
Did you see if yours had a diversion plate already welded inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't. That may be why I've had to repair three cracks. If it does it again, and i decide to fix it, I will add a plate using the pic you provided. Thx!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5