Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,141
@Woods247 random question. You got uprated engine mounts or stock?
I have those Powerflex insert things Ron sells on the top mounts. Not the stiffest model but the one with a little less NVH. I also have a Revo rear mount that’s been doing its job for years. I sometimes think about removing the Powerflex inserts because I really don’t like the vibes. It’s not that bad but I prefer a smoother idle.

Edit: The “Street” version of these are what I have now:
1) https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ront-upper-engine-mount-insert-street-or-race

2) https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...a-st-transmission-mount-insert-street-or-race

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,143
I also forgot to mention I’m running a massive 70” Nine Lives Racing wing with their CFD endplates and spill boards now. I gained at least 8mph up top and have significantly more downforce at 100mph. The drag is much improved as well. The vibration I used to feel around 120mph is totally gone. I can run up to 135mph and stand on the brakes and the car tracks as straight as an arrow. That gives me a huge amount of confidence. It’s also much more stable in T1, T5 and T12 at Road Atlanta. Can’t wait to take it to VIR.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I also forgot to mention I’m running a massive 70” Nine Lives Racing wing with their CFD endplates and spill boards now. I gained at least 8mph up top and have significantly more downforce at 100mph. The drag is much improved as well. The vibration I used to feel around 120mph is totally gone. I can run up to 135mph and stand on the brakes and the car tracks as straight as an arrow. That gives me a huge amount of confidence. It’s also much more stable in T1, T5 and T12 at Road Atlanta. Can’t wait to take it to VIR.
That’s awesome. When’s the VIR trip? I’ll come race ya if my car is ready for the track by then.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,148
I posted in the WTB section as well but figured I’d mention it here. I’m looking to buy a Verus rear diffuser if anyone is unloading one. They’re no longer in production unless 25 people want one lol.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I posted in the WTB section as well but figured I’d mention it here. I’m looking to buy a Verus rear diffuser if anyone is unloading one. They’re no longer in production unless 25 people want one lol.
Or one person wants 25. Or five people want 5. Or....well you get the idea.

A few companies have it listed on their websites, is that false inventory?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,150
Or one person wants 25. Or five people want 5. Or....well you get the idea.

A few companies have it listed on their websites, is that false inventory?
Correct. There is zero inventory. You know how the internet is.. Verus said we could do a group by and get 20-25 to commit but you know how the internet is 😂

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,155
Like not Torqued?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
I’ve been torquing them. I’ve been following Tune+ recommendation of 13ft lbs. They might be coming loose because the RPMs are so high all the time and these plugs aren’t designed for this car. 😂 Thankfully it’s a quick fix right??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve been torquing them. I’ve been following Tune+ recommendation of 13ft lbs. They might be coming loose because the RPMs are so high all the time and these plugs aren’t designed for this car. [emoji23] Thankfully it’s a quick fix right??
For your sake ! I hope so....

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,157
For your sake ! I hope so....

When this motor goes I’ll build the next one with much, much more power. I’m sort of ready for a much larger turbo, more fuel and a 30 shot for quick spool when needed. A full e85 build would be a lot more convenient. I burn 1/2 tank of e30 every 25min at Road Atlanta.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
When this motor goes I’ll build the next one with much, much more power. I’m sort of ready for a much larger turbo, more fuel and a 30 shot for quick spool when needed. A full e85 build would be a lot more convenient. I burn 1/2 tank of e30 every 25min at Road Atlanta.
I will be eagerly anticipating the new engine build (not that I want anything to happen to your current one). Also, dang that's a lot of gas! What's your mpg on the track?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,159
I will be eagerly anticipating the new engine build (not that I want anything to happen to your current one). Also, dang that's a lot of gas! What's your mpg on the track?
I think it’s under 10mpg but I’ve never really checked. The “Avg” on my dash says 10mpg. 😂

It would be wiser to buy a different car but I think it’ll be a whole lot cooler wheeling a Fiesta past super cars. It’s plenty capable through corners and the brakes are phenomenal but I need more power to push through the air on long straights. I’m probably dreaming but maybe 400whp or so will keep them behind me. I do kinda want a GT3 or Mclaren haha. They’re so fast everywhere straight from the dealership. My ginormous penis requires a cheap feminine hatchback unfortunately. 🤣

the duke

I think it’s under 10mpg but I’ve never really checked. The “Avg” on my dash says 10mpg. 😂

It would be wiser to buy a different car but I think it’ll be a whole lot cooler wheeling a Fiesta past super cars. It’s plenty capable through corners and the brakes are phenomenal but I need more power to push through the air on long straights. I’m probably dreaming but maybe 400whp or so will keep them behind me. I do kinda want a GT3 or Mclaren haha. They’re so fast everywhere straight from the dealership. My ginormous penis requires a cheap feminine hatchback unfortunately. 🤣
For a MP215 kit I routinely see 9.x at the track. I believe my worst was 8.6 which I have a picture of somewhere. Then on the way back home I tried and got 40.2. Highest and lowest 2 hours apart (y):cool:(y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5