Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wow, went to the track in economy mode ... twice!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
In my defense, I am a conservative driver around town and only drive aggressively if there's no traffic (hardly ever) or when I'm at the track.

The last two times I went to the track (including today), I wondered why my boost pressure was so low (~14). I thought that my (relatively new) cpe engine mount (which is pretty stiff) might be setting off the knock sensor, but nope.monitored that during my last session and no knocks.

Did I have a leak? Nah,I'm pretty sure I would notice that even driving around town. Was my E30 blend < E30? Nope.

D'oh!!!

At some point in the past ~9 weeks, I inadvertently switched into the Low Boost/Economy slot via the cruise control buttons, and didn't notice it! I thought that would have been more obvious. My lap times were still pretty good (for me), but I was frustrated that I wasn't faster in the straights -- and now I know why!

Feel like an idiot, yep, but can't wait to get back to the track because there's no excuse for not being faster next time!!!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
So i take it the car was still plenty peppy on low boost/e30?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
So i take it the car was still plenty peppy on low boost/e30?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazingly, yes. Conditions were perfect (mid-70s), so heat was a non-issue. I only found it noticeable/frustrating at full throttle on the straights.