Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zippy the Aussie Fiesta ST

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #21
Yes indeed indicators used as DRL. It's something people do to make cars look 'Murica around here.
Ahhh I get you now. My indicators and drl will stay seperate. I am not interested in changing them beyond what I have now.

A few neat little mods on the way thanks to the tax man πŸ‘.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #22
Completed an order on Whoosh for a 3" downpipe with 200cel cat and an intake. The dp has been confirmed to fit the Aus/Euro model, here's hoping on the intake. It looks like it would fit and work fine.

Pics and vids will come for all.

Last edited:
Hi Fordy, Nice car mate, I have had a Tdi Fiesta for the last 3 Years , finally went out a month age and bought a 2015 ST with 20k on the clock, White and lowered with black rims. Im so happy with it. Living down here everything is wide open spaces so the ecoboost sits most of its time in 6th. Im currently looking at a Tune as the exhaust has been done and it has a pod fitted. Loving this little car.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #24
Hi Fordy, Nice car mate, I have had a Tdi Fiesta for the last 3 Years , finally went out a month age and bought a 2015 ST with 20k on the clock, White and lowered with black rims. Im so happy with it. Living down here everything is wide open spaces so the ecoboost sits most of its time in 6th. Im currently looking at a Tune as the exhaust has been done and it has a pod fitted. Loving this little car.
They are a fun little thing. Usually if the down pipe has been upgraded it can cause engine codes on thw standard map.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #25
My order arrived from Whoosh Motorsports.

3" downpipe with 200 cel cat and flex pipe and the short ram intake with Ram Air black filter.

1st impressions and the quality looks to be very nice.

I will make a vid installing the intake this weekend if the wind dies down.

The dp/cat will be off to be ceramic coated as I believe the heat shield won't fit back on, hopefully I can drop it off this week 🀞.

I also got some reusable locking downpipe fasteners.

Operation stage 2 is an intercooler and remap away.

Attachments

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #26
Update. The Short Ram intake is in. It looks neat and sounds fantastic. I need to look at creating a shield and fresh air feed for it. Install vid with sound clips below, before and after, inside the car and outside drive bys.

View: https://youtu.be/C-gh3tWQ7SI

20200927_130344.jpg 20200927_130338.jpg

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #27
Parts are starting to pile up.

The Whoosh Motorsports downpipe now has a thermal ceramic coat πŸ‘Œ.

Whiteline rear sway bar ready to go on.

Intercooler puchased and should be on the way today.

Now to find a boost pipe kit to match that doesn't bust my balls and budget. 20201012_185707.jpg 20201012_185726.jpg 20201012_185739.jpg 20201012_185759.jpg 20201012_185813.jpg 20200929_170328.jpg 20200930_075218.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had a Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/Anti-Roll Bar installed today. Initial thoughts in the video. Installation is rediculously easy, even easier that Ford put the holes in already and didn't add a sway bar! View attachment 35514 View attachment 35515 View attachment 35516

View: https://youtu.be/Q02zM5HhHa4
I'd love to do a rear sway bar, but I'm afraid it would actually OVER-rotate, radically, when driving on dirt/gravel roads. [:(]

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #33
As a part of Operation Stage 2, the Intercooler is here to be revealed at a later date.

To compliment the extra flow and cooling of the intercooler I bought some Vudu big boost pipes from AET Motorsport.

Very light weight, they look nicely made and the wrinkle black powdercoat finish is great. Hopefully they fit up easily (for a first timer like me) and stand the test of time of an occasionally tracked daily car. 20201029_191047.jpg 20201029_191058.jpg 20201029_191106.jpg 20201029_191136.jpg 20201029_191204.jpg 20201029_191217.jpg

I had a Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/Anti-Roll Bar installed today. Initial thoughts in the video. Installation is rediculously easy, even easier that Ford put the holes in already and didn't add a sway bar!
View: https://youtu.be/Q02zM5HhHa4
It almost looks like Ford planned a rear sway bar....then value engineered it out of the final design. Or...they planned to sell a Ford Motorsports version of it.....those holes look too convenient!

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #37
Great photos @Fordy Ford . For some reason, looking into the cat cell always intrigues me.....the pattern looks beautiful.
Cheers mate. Yes, once you get some light through and move it around it's almost collidescope like lol.

It almost looks like Ford planned a rear sway bar....then value engineered it out of the final design. Or...they planned to sell a Ford Motorsports version of it.....those holes look too convenient!
Agreed, obviously Whiteline and other saw the holes and developed their bars to suit them but it definitely begs the question why they are there in the 1st place.

the duke

I'd argue if you drive it correctly, it's not necessary. With it's short wheelbase and stiff springs/rear torsion I don't believe it's required. I've had the back end get "whippy" on the switchbacks at Pittsburgh Raceway just enough to induce slip to help pivot around the corner without coming out backwards. You have to pitch the car into corners and slide the rear around sometimes, and stock it does this fine provided you get the weight transfer right. I'd be afraid with a bar on the torsion beam, it'd be too stiff. Maybe for autocross, but even that, it's still how it's driven.

Likely it's the same trailing arms from the regular Fiesta. Rather than have a pre/post drilled arm, it's cheaper to use all the same and let economies of scale take over.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #40
So to not be misleading from my video as at the time of filming no lights came up, a CEL did pop up. I have cleared it with the Mountune Handset and reset the ecu learning so we will see how we go but with the MP215 map it may keep popping up. IMG_20201121_150723_532.jpg IMG_20201121_150723_540.jpg IMG_20201121_150723_537.jpg IMG_20201121_150723_536.jpg