Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member 1430 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen somebody have so many gripes about a car go test drive one to come back with more complaints and then buy it only to have more complaints. If I came back with a list of complaints as long as ProDigit, I would have not bought the car. My only complaint with the Fiesta ST is that it doesn't make RS pops and gurgles from the factory. Oddly, my neighbors don't have that complaint.
    We’ve had our differences in the past, and this guy is one thing we can definitely agree on... But, we gotta let it go. There’s nothing we can do about this guy... He is what he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Pleasant Garden
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I have ever seen somebody have so many gripes about a car go test drive one to come back with more complaints and then buy it only to have more complaints. If I came back with a list of complaints as long as ProDigit, I would have not bought the car. My only complaint with the Fiesta ST is that it doesn't make RS pops and gurgles from the factory. Oddly, my neighbors don't have that complaint.
    I would absolutely love that. I love crack Snapple pop exhaust.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Member 570 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    We’ve had our differences in the past, and this guy is one thing we can definitely agree on... But, we gotta let it go. There’s nothing we can do about this guy... He is what he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yep, we are both on the same sheet of music with this guy. No doubt about it!
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Seattle
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey BRGT350, sorry to hijack the thread here, but you're the guy with the YouTube channel who used to have an SVT Focus, right? I'm a relative newcomer to the FiST, but had an '04 SVTF for about seven years. I love(d) both dearly but am not sure which one I like better...I wish I had unmodified examples of both at the same time to do an apples-to-apples comparison.

I believe you addressed this topic a bit in one of your videos awhile back, but I'm wondering if at this point you have a definitive favorite between the two. Ultimately, the vastly superior drivetrain of the FiST gives it the nod for me, but the more analog feel of the SVTF's steering and chassis and slightly better ride make it a close call.

Going back to the OP's list of dislikes, I see some where I think "yeah, I guess that's true," but if you nitpick any car, you're probably going to come up with a similarly long list. It would be a shame to let a bunch of mostly minor quibbles spoil the overall experience of the car, which punches so far above its weight in terms of driving experience.
    Now: 2017 Fiesta ST (Magnetic) | Past: 2004 SVT Focus, 2002 MINI Cooper, 2000 Honda Civic Si, 1991 Mazda Miata, and others best not mentioned

Member 570 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ksvtguy170 View Post
    Hey BRGT350, sorry to hijack the thread here, but you're the guy with the YouTube channel who used to have an SVT Focus, right? I'm a relative newcomer to the FiST, but had an '04 SVTF for about seven years. I love(d) both dearly but am not sure which one I like better...I wish I had unmodified examples of both at the same time to do an apples-to-apples comparison.

I believe you addressed this topic a bit in one of your videos awhile back, but I'm wondering if at this point you have a definitive favorite between the two. Ultimately, the vastly superior drivetrain of the FiST gives it the nod for me, but the more analog feel of the SVTF's steering and chassis and slightly better ride make it a close call.

Going back to the OP's list of dislikes, I see some where I think "yeah, I guess that's true," but if you nitpick any car, you're probably going to come up with a similarly long list. It would be a shame to let a bunch of mostly minor quibbles spoil the overall experience of the car, which punches so far above its weight in terms of driving experience.
    Yep, that is me! My dad still owns the SVT Focus that I used to own. He added a Focus RS to his collection as well. I prefer my Fiesta ST over the SVT Focus, but only slightly. I like the wider width and lower roof of the SVT Focus and the turbo sounds of the ST. Both cars are very good and it is really tough to pick a favorite. I love driving them both. Part of the enjoyment of the SVT Focus is that it reminds me of my 2000 ZX3 Focus, which is still my favorite car. If I had the keys to the SVT Focus, Fiesta ST, and Focus RS and could pick any of them to drive, I would pick all 3. Each are unique in their own ways and all are incredibly fun cars.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

New Member 16 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    So Cal
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    I'm gonna step on some people's toes tonight, when talking about the caveats of buying a FiST, but then again, I personally believe every point is valid.
    Since thread #1 that has been the case.
    The FiST is no luxury car, i laugh every time i see a complain about the ride and the interior being too spartan. This is an econo box much like the original Sentra SE-R was, the value itself is in the driving experience. All the extra $$$ you spent bought you the extra HP and the suspension tuning, nothing else. The Fiesta is a sub compact that starts at $13k or so.

New Member 14 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Miami, FL
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I think some people are misunderstanding my post.
    I never said I disliked the car, or I made a mistake in buying this car.
    I thoroughly enjoy riding it.
    However, I also want to be a realist, and this car is far from perfect.

There are things some people like, and I couldn't care less about. So the list is different for everyone.
    Despite all the 'negative' points, it's not a bad car.
    I think I'm less 'American' in only speaking of positive things.
    I believe in yin and yang. Only the positive and negative together give a complete image.

New Member 14 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Miami, FL
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by A7xogg View Post
    I just wanna give some time to respond to some of the negative things you mentioned, won't them all but some.
    This is a car you can daily with ur small family and then kill it when you take it to the track, autox, or the caynon. The suspension and tires are designed for this so the shocks have a strong dalening to help keep you from leaning in the car since the roof line is a little tall for how wide the car is(a tall roof means you have more head room). This combined with the no flex sidewall tires and the rest of the chassis makes the car turn way better than anything in the money category, which it gives the car more nhv but you didn't buy an st for a catilac ride. You bought it to hopefully do some of the things I mentioned. The bumpy seat is just probably the car throwing you around showing you the roads you drive on suck like most roads. A fiesta sedan st would make the car not turn as good + this was designed in Europe where a hatch is preferred. My st along many others gets between 35-45 mpg with 60-80 mph on the highway. Mabye your in the throttle more than you need to be or modded. You paid 24k for no recaros? I think you got ripped off or st a really in demand in your area. Mine has a green speedo that lights up when cruise control is on and goes off when it's off. You can switch that temp on the dash with the button on the left stalk.i think your audio books may have a frequence ur hearing cause these speakers are pretty damn clear for oem speakers. Radio apps I get. Wheel bolt pattern is an issues but price I say is about the same for quality wheels.sound symoposer is getting very popular in oem. Take off traction control in 1st gear. It's not slow when it's off. I haven't driven a car that likes under 1k since driving really old v8's and diesels. Not trying to talk shit just some of these things I disagree with you. Oh and this is one of the most satisfying cars to drive hard
    - Roads suck here for sure! No arguing there.
    - Fiesta Sedan Could be engineered to turn as good. It's all a matter of balancing the car to have a little oversteer. However, I wouldn't buy the sedan to be racing, just to have a nifty little street car that's comfy.
    - My FiST gets 33MPG avg. I do a lot of cruise control driving between 70-80MPH. I do see instant numbers as high as 48MPG occasionally though.
    - You are correct about the Cruise control light. For some reason, I didn't see any light turn on, but after restarting the car, I did notice it. Might have been an electrical issue.
    - I tried changing the temp, but so far, it's been the only constant on that little display. The rest (MPG/Avg MPG/trip/Odo/Fuel to E) all take the bottom part of the screen. Not the top. Not sure if there's another way to get the temp off the display.
    - I paid 17k. Though the dealer was selling a 2018 non-recaro for 22k.
    - Speaker issue is with all sources of audio. It's definitely the tweeter, and has been posted about before in 2014 on this forum. I just added a comment there.
    The tweeters are used as full range drives, due to their size have a resonant frequency of 1-2kHz. Can be gotten rid of with the right capacitor.
    The door speakers are farting out at volume levels of 25-30. Not sure if it's the amp, or the speakers. The woofers are good, but not 'damn good'. The Cruze has better speakers, and even they aren't the best on the market.
    But for sure, they're better than those crappy Boss,Pyle or all that other plastic crap going for speakers they're selling nowadays.
    - I decided to keep the Sound Symposer, since it allows me to hear the engine, when listening to the radio.
    - I'll try traction control off. does it affect MPG when on the interstates on cruise control?

I understand that the fun factor comes in at the higher RPMs and pressing the pedal a little harder.
    I've done this myself as well, though due to it being a new engine, kept RPM below 3-3.5k RPM.
    I barely felt the Turbo kicking in, but it did.
    More fun riding when it's got about 1k miles on it.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Marin County
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Why on earth would you turn off the traction control on the freeway? That makes no sense at all unless you turn it off every time you start the car like a lot of people do. It won't affect mpg at all because it's not 'working'. I wouldn't even worry about trying to turn it off until you're broken in and seeing WOT and 5-6000rpm.

If you're still breaking in and haven't been over 3500rpm you can't comment at all on how the car feels.
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport AWR rmm, Ramair filter, Motul 300,Cobb AP, knob. Tint.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Hampton roads
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    - Roads suck here for sure! No arguing there.
    - Fiesta Sedan Could be engineered to turn as good. It's all a matter of balancing the car to have a little oversteer. However, I wouldn't buy the sedan to be racing, just to have a nifty little street car that's comfy.
    - My FiST gets 33MPG avg. I do a lot of cruise control driving between 70-80MPH. I do see instant numbers as high as 48MPG occasionally though.
    - You are correct about the Cruise control light. For some reason, I didn't see any light turn on, but after restarting the car, I did notice it. Might have been an electrical issue.
    - I tried changing the temp, but so far, it's been the only constant on that little display. The rest (MPG/Avg MPG/trip/Odo/Fuel to E) all take the bottom part of the screen. Not the top. Not sure if there's another way to get the temp off the display.
    - I paid 17k. Though the dealer was selling a 2018 non-recaro for 22k.
    - Speaker issue is with all sources of audio. It's definitely the tweeter, and has been posted about before in 2014 on this forum. I just added a comment there.
    The tweeters are used as full range drives, due to their size have a resonant frequency of 1-2kHz. Can be gotten rid of with the right capacitor.
    The door speakers are farting out at volume levels of 25-30. Not sure if it's the amp, or the speakers. The woofers are good, but not 'damn good'. The Cruze has better speakers, and even they aren't the best on the market.
    But for sure, they're better than those crappy Boss,Pyle or all that other plastic crap going for speakers they're selling nowadays.
    - I decided to keep the Sound Symposer, since it allows me to hear the engine, when listening to the radio.
    - I'll try traction control off. does it affect MPG when on the interstates on cruise control?

I understand that the fun factor comes in at the higher RPMs and pressing the pedal a little harder.
    I've done this myself as well, though due to it being a new engine, kept RPM below 3-3.5k RPM.
    I barely felt the Turbo kicking in, but it did.
    More fun riding when it's got about 1k miles on it.
    the forcon tool or whatever its called can change alot of features that the car has or doesnt have.
    volume at 25 or 30?!?! holy crap when im jamming out i go to 15-17 max. And we have a sony sound system so mabye you got some blown speakers in your car?
    the traction button doesnt control mpg.
    your not gonna feel the turbo till you really get on it, the car has a good throttle imput where 50% throttle is 50 percent not 80 or 90(in other turbo cars this is apparent)
    Drive it hard after it got some miles on it. Its a pleasure that is almost unmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Why on earth would you turn off the traction control on the freeway? That makes no sense at all unless you turn it off every time you start the car like a lot of people do. It won't affect mpg at all because it's not 'working'. I wouldn't even worry about trying to turn it off until you're broken in and seeing WOT and 5-6000rpm.

If you're still breaking in and haven't been over 3500rpm you can't comment at all on how the car feels.
    Driving in sport mode or with everything off makes the car feel even better all the time.
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit)(future mods come on dekagrams, get in stock)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast