Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The things we do for love...

Just got thinking about the silly (bordering on neurotic) things I do out of love for my FiST.

i.e. I keep a stack of clean towels in the trunk (to drape over my seats when I leave the gym). I will compulsively park far away or if I can't, I (re-re-re)adjust my parking... I don't care if I'm next to a McLaren, I'm just sure he's gonna ding my door.

Am I alone here?

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I do the same, but for every car I’ve owned. I even find myself doing stuff like that with my company car out of habit.

If I have to put the dogs in the fiesta, I vacuum it immediately when we get home. Don’t care if it’s 3 AM after a road trip. Dog hair must go.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do the same, but for every car I’ve owned. I even find myself doing stuff like that with my company car out of habit.

If I have to put the dogs in the fiesta, I vacuum it immediately when we get home. Don’t care if it’s 3 AM after a road trip. Dog hair must go.
3am vacuum job? Now that's dedication!

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I hit a sheet metal duct that fell off a truck at 70 mph. Scratches down both sides of the car, and spots where the paint chipped off from some hail.

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Just got thinking about the silly (bordering on neurotic) things I do out of love for my FiST.

i.e. I keep a stack of clean towels in the trunk (to drape over my seats when I leave the gym). I will compulsively park far away or if I can't, I (re-re-re)adjust my parking... I don't care if I'm next to a McLaren, I'm just sure he's gonna ding my door.

Am I alone here?
Sounds mild to me. I don’t like fools looking at my rig let alone walking or parking near it.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I hit a sheet metal duct that fell off a truck at 70 mph. Scratches down both sides of the car, and spots where the paint chipped off from some hail.
Yikes, that sucks. I worry a lot about road debris hitting my car.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Right? I'm lucky to vacuum mine once a quarter. That said, I also enforce a strict no food/beverage (except water) policy... pick up leaves etc as I go.
I should probably clarify that my dog was a St. Bernard mix so the fur levels were astounding, and light colored.

SPhilli911

I used to be protective of my car, but am trying to care less about things happening to it since I've backed into a cement pole and scuffed my rear bumper, dropped a bike on my hood and scratched it pretty good, and even have a cracked windshield from a truck kicking up a rock on the highway.

I do still cover my seats with a towel after a bike ride, because I don't want to deal with cleaning mud off them.

I cover mine in the garage when it's detailed and I know I won't be driving it for a while. And I keep a microfiber behind the seat - mostly for cleaning my sunglasses, but I'll give the dash a swipe with it at red lights too.

I keep a water bottle in the trunk with a wipe to rinse off bird poop as soon as I see it. Traumatized by clear coat failure in previous cars that started with a bird dropping that sat on the paint for to long.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I keep a water bottle in the trunk with a wipe to rinse off bird poop as soon as I see it. Traumatized by clear coat failure in previous cars that started with a bird dropping that sat on the paint for to long.
I do the same, but with the Poor Boys product specifically designed (and named) for that purpose. [wink]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

Am I alone here?
I think that's just good planning. I have a change of clothes in every vehicle as well as a.. not quite bug out bag, but like protein bars and some bottled water in the event I get stuck somewhere for a day or two. It's been handy, like when a friend got vomited on at a party - I had spare clothes for him.

I know this is weird, but I also keep a brand new pair of socks in the car, in a plastic bag, under the seat. If I am having a really shitty day and need a mental break, I grab a fresh new pair of socks. Nothing's quite so nice as a new pair of socks.