Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sadly things.

So.. i want to talk about my situation.. i got ford fiesta 2019y 1.0 eco boost.. nothing was wrong only one thing.. i was going to dealer to rapair my only problem.. 1st cilinder problem.. time to time they fixed it.. when i am driving felt car shaking and loosing power.. they fixed that all the time and said it is not big deal.. so waranty is over and today in highway car going crazy again.. ok its is something i saw before.. i drove it to dealer and said same problem, same things.. after couple of hours they call me.. and i was shocked. They said my 1st cilinder is gone and they checked my engine with endoscopy and its corosial everyever.. becouse of the cooling water was in my engine.. i said how that is posible.. they gave me photos and everything.. said need to replace the engine.. for almost new car.. i did nothing.. i always do the checks i need in there. They said it cost 8k for new engine.. i still cant believe that.. maybe someone got this kinda situation? Or something like that? I dont what to do.. its like half price of the car.. and ofc after waranty over they do that.. and its everything on me now.. what can i do?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I've never heard of a blown head gasket causing a cylinder to rust in an engine that has been in use.

I am not sure how warranty laws work in the Netherlands, but a car which was "repaired" repeatedly by a dealer in which the same problem reappears just after the warranty expires would likely still be covered. But you usually have to escalate your claim above the dealer if the dealer doesn't escalate it themselves. You probably need to consult with someone who knows the warranty rules there and see how to talk to the regional supervisor (that's what it's called here). You should have copies of all your service receipts for this problem at hand.

If you are unable to get satisfaction from Ford, I don't think it should cost E8000 to fix a blown head gasket, and normally it does not require complete engine replacement. Even if it does, a salvage yard engine plus labor would be far cheaper.

I hate to say it, but if the car was having multiple problems in a similar style why not just trade it in or get a different one? I see you are overseas so I'm not sure how those kinds of situations work.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
So what should i do? They only offer me to replace the engine.. nothing more nothing less.. i could try to take it to less other way.. try in some garages but i dont think they will do better.. i am ofc dont know about it a lot.. so i am trying to find some information.. becouse now looks everything to terrible..

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
I hate to say it, but if the car was having multiple problems in a similar style why not just trade it in or get a different one? I see you are overseas so I'm not sure how those kinds of situations work.
Sometimes you just thing if they say its easy to fix.. and you dont have any more problems.. just living with it.. but like in this situation.. i felt they just somehow delayed everything while my waranty is over..