Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Weekend recap. Installed the Whoosh Spec Thermal Friday night and did a great 600 mile road trip yesterday and today. Couldn't be happier. I went back and forth forever between the Thermal and the Milltek and probably would have been thrilled with either but I love this Thermal so far. It is the magical quiet when you want quiet, and loud when want loud combo. Cruise set at 89mph and it seriously sounds like stock plus one dB or so, punch it and you know where the money went.

20210304_202825.jpg 20210305_191021.jpg

Attachments

SPhilli911

Installed Bilstein B8 shocks with Mountune Springs. Didn't lower much at all but feels great after 60k miles running on stock suspension.
I think it will settle a little bit, maybe half an inch lower than stock, but I never measured before and after. I've had the same setup installed for maybe 6 months and it just feels better handling, so I don't mind that lack of a noticeable drop in height.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think it will settle a little bit, maybe half an inch lower than stock, but I never measured before and after. I've had the same setup installed for maybe 6 months and it just feels better handling, so I don't mind that lack of a noticeable drop in height.
IF they were linear rate springs, that setup would already be on my car, due to that lack of drop in ride height over factory. [wink] [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
That place is about 4 hours from me (probably without counting in the Beltway 'parking lot' traffic [:(]).
So definitely let us know how it goes with them, as well as final labor costs. [wink]
With me supplying 'everything', labor was quoted just under $1,100. They want it for 2 days although it is possible to do in one long day. 'stuff happens'. I have to look at the calendar and coordinate with the GF and/or karaoke buddy to drop off and pick up. It's too far to bicycle it. The other shop is within biking distance, but was $1,500.

4DGC

View attachment 38761 View attachment 38762

Installed Bilstein B8 shocks with Mountune Springs. Didn't lower much at all but feels great after 60k miles running on stock suspension.
I got a 3/4 inch drop with those springs after a couple weeks per the tape measure. I did not change the spring isolators though.

Se7eN

honestly I don't really mind if it didn't lower that much.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
It's probably nothing to many of you, but I don't generally tear this far into my cars.
Congrats on going the distance! It only looks like a lot bc the nose is such a large piece. It's just one body piece, but damn it's dramatic. The angle I took my pics at, on ramps, on my inclined driveway make it look even more drastic, even funny. This was around 2k miles or so? That's a clean engine bay...

There are a lot of little fasteners to get that nose off. (and WHY the F is there such an assortment...BAD engineers, bad)

Yes, yoga mats for under-car work! Comfy and insulate against hot or cold asphalt. Namaste.

Last edited:

Se7eN

View attachment 38761 View attachment 38762

PSA: make sure you use the stock hardware to mount the rear shocks on top the 13mm the bilstein comes with rubs against the whole on top of the shock mount. Makes a horrible noise.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Started out my modding with a really big one....just kidding. My wife had a tire pressure light come on when the weather was subzero, so she went by the tire store to have them put some air in (they do it free if you have the tires mounted there). When she came home there were no caps on the valve stems. She has delayed going back to have them giver her caps, so while I was on Amazon Friday I thought I'd see if I could buy some. I was after plain plastic, but these anodized aluminum ones came up. And with the points I had they were free (regular price $8 for 5 of them). Wife is tickled pink. Or red.
ST Valve Stem Cap.jpg

pixelzombie

Started out my modding with a really big one....just kidding. My wife had a tire pressure light come on when the weather was subzero, so she went by the tire store to have them put some air in (they do it free if you have the tires mounted there). When she came home there were no caps on the valve stems. She has delayed going back to have them giver her caps, so while I was on Amazon Friday I thought I'd see if I could buy some. I was after plain plastic, but these anodized aluminum ones came up. And with the points I had they were free (regular price $8 for 5 of them). Wife is tickled pink. Or red.
View attachment 38780
Subtle but very cool upgrade, will have to look for those, but I use a public garage for work and I'm afraid they'll get stolen.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Congrats on going the distance! It only looks like a lot bc the nose is such a large piece. It's just one body piece, but damn it's dramatic. The angle I took my pics at, on ramps, on my inclined driveway make it look even more drastic, even funny. This was around 2k miles or so? That's a clean engine bay...

There are a lot of little fasteners to get that nose off. (and WHY the F is there such an assortment...BAD engineers, bad)

Yes, yoga mats for under-car work! Comfy and insulate against hot or cold asphalt. Namaste.
I think that the weird combination of fasteners in the bumper has to do with crash regulations. The front is designed to collapse a certain way, should you be so unfortunate.
I also discovered an incorrectly installed piece that I think is responsible for the rust on the passenger side of the crash bar. Pics later.

Crv

Is it wrong to suggest shaving the grill and painting the crash bar?....I mean while your in there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk