Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is it wrong to suggest shaving the grill and painting the crash bar?....I mean while your in there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ain't touching the grill, other than a good cleaning. I'm on the stock turbo.
I will address the crash bar. This is my personal car, which I will drive until I can no longer drive it. I like it that much.
I've always preferred the smallest vehicle that works. Motorcycles are great, but even with a billet aluminum rack, they can't carry more than a 12 pack without more bags. And racks for the bags. And the stuff in the bags.
Your fun dirt bike just turned into an adventure bike, and you don't want to ride it too fast. You drop that shit, and you have a serious mess.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Took it for a quick spin after 4 months of garage. Being a first non daily car I did nothing with the fuel other than warming it up every couple weekends. Feel free to criticize as not happy about the situation lol. Anyhow it felt like it drove a little rough and suspect if not my OCD imagination the fuel not so great anymore? I want that fuel out of there as fast as possible.

SPhilli911

PSA: make sure you use the stock hardware to mount the rear shocks on top the 13mm the bilstein comes with rubs against the whole on top of the shock mount. Makes a horrible noise.
This can't be stressed enough. I got to experience the horrible noise first-hand and it was ear piercingly loud. Fortunately, the rear shocks are extremely easy to remove/ install.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Took it for a quick spin after 4 months of garage. Being a first non daily car I did nothing with the fuel other than warming it up every couple weekends. Feel free to criticize as not happy about the situation lol. Anyhow it felt like it drove a little rough and suspect if not my OCD imagination the fuel not so great anymore? I want that fuel out of there as fast as possible.
Yep. STABIL fuel stabilizer. I use it in my motorcycle and mowers year round... (I don't winterize, I start up every month. Due this week...)

Though it naturally degrades and loses combustibility over time due to oxidation (exposure to oxygen) and evaporation of its volatile compounds, gasoline usually lasts three to six months YMMV! when properly stored in a labeled, tightly sealed plastic container or metal tank, yada yada yada

SteveS

1000 Post Club

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Was there any E85 in that tank?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's probably nothing to many of you, but I don't generally tear this far into my cars.
And now I remember why! It was a PITA. Took hours, but finally, I got 'er done. It's making less hp, for some reason. Probably because this is the warmest day since I got the tune.

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Put some fresh gas in it and tried again. Still low hp. Guess I gotta get the boost hoses checked.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Was there any E85 in that tank?
None. I havent gotten to that tune yet. Planning on this spring. I kind of crash coursed what I could for 3 months and stuck it in storage. But its on the AP so I am definitely checking it out. Depending on how I like it will probably put it away on 93/tune

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
And now I remember why! It was a PITA. Took hours, but finally, I got 'er done. It's making less hp, for some reason. Probably because this is the warmest day since I got the tune.
HA! That same job will most likely take me from the very first daylight, until dark, on the longest day of the year, or about 30 times+ the "15 minutes" all of the hot shot wrenches on here claim they can have it off, and back on their cars. LOL

Congrats on going the distance! It only looks like a lot bc the nose is such a large piece. It's just one body piece, but damn it's dramatic. The angle I took my pics at, on ramps, on my inclined driveway make it look even more drastic, even funny. This was around 2k miles or so? That's a clean engine bay...

There are a lot of little fasteners to get that nose off. (and WHY the F is there such an assortment...BAD engineers, bad)

Yes, yoga mats for under-car work! Comfy and insulate against hot or cold asphalt. Namaste.
Buddy where did you buy those car ramps (are those rhynos?)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The bumper really is not that bad at all. I was honestly nervous I do a lot of mechanical work not body work. It is not difficult the hardest part is the fender to bumper bolts everything else easy.
If you have tools in hand and you've done it more than once you could have the bumper off in 30 minutes easy.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
HA! That same job will most likely take me from the very first daylight, until dark, on the longest day of the year, or about 30 times+ the "15 minutes" all of the hot shot wrenches on here claim they can have it off, and back on their cars. LOL
Yup. Having done it now, I could probably do it quicker and with less blood loss next time, but I don't ever want a next time.
I'm pretty sure I snugged the hoses too close to the intercooler. This one is a little flared out at that point. That's where it's got to be leaking. I'll pay somebody to reattach it from the bottom and check the other hoses while it's in the air.
I'm too old to climb around under cars anymore.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The bumper really is not that bad at all. I was honestly nervous I do a lot of mechanical work not body work. It is not difficult the hardest part is the fender to bumper bolts everything else easy.
If you have tools in hand and you've done it more than once you could have the bumper off in 30 minutes easy.

Yes. It's pretty straightforward, but the fender bolts have to be reached with a swivel extension, or a flexible one, and they are a royal PITA. They were hard to get out, and just as hard to put back.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yes. It's pretty straightforward, but the fender bolts have to be reached with a swivel extension, or a flexible one, and they are a royal PITA. They were hard to get out, and just as hard to put back.
I have plenty of swivels.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Do you notice a difference in boost pressure? If you have a leak wouldn't you have less PSI?
I tightened my clamps down as much as possible.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup. Having done it now, I could probably do it quicker and with less blood loss next time, but I don't ever want a next time.
I'm pretty sure I snugged the hoses too close to the intercooler. This one is a little flared out at that point. That's where it's got to be leaking. I'll pay somebody to reattach it from the bottom and check the other hoses while it's in the air.
I'm too old to climb around under cars anymore.
So you already had the Mountune IC installed, and the bumper came off now, solely to check/tighten the charge hoses?

AGREED on the ONE TIME thing. [thumb]

WHY I will get a radiator, aftermarket fogs/driving lights, and any intake bezel to attach the ST200 box's hose to, BEFORE it comes off that one first time, and along with the CP-E IC I already have, do it ALL at once. [wink]

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you notice a difference in boost pressure? If you have a leak wouldn't you have less PSI?
I tightened my clamps down as much as possible.

Boost was about the same. It has to be leaking where I clamped it down on the intercooler. I left it where it naturally landed, but there's a slight flare at the base of the outlets. Should have moved it back a quarter inch.