Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcr8L5y4PhY&feature=youtu.be

I installed an aftermarket silicone hose, and it wouldn't fit a '16-'17. This did the trick. No codes for over a week.
Yeah, that would probably take care of my P2282 and the P0507. I think both are popping from not having that second line plugged into anything. I found out that this intake is for EU spec and therefore doesn't have the second connection on the induction hose that the US spec 2016+ need. For the short term, I'm going with the 2016+ "fix" from Whoosh that just blocks it off. Longer term, I'll end up with the actual OEM harness like you did here. Thank you for the video.

My larger concern was the crankcase pressure code (P051D). This intake did not have a port in the crossover area to plug in the hose from the CC and that thing has a sensor on it. The intake just has a silicon hose that routes from underneath the induction hose area (intake is all one pipe). Talked to Ron and he suggested trying to get the OEM hose inserted into the end of the silicon hose and connect the other end into the CC. That way the sensor is doing something. I have a hacked together solution in place now and it did take care of the crankcase pressure code. I also went and bought some hose and clamps and will create a better solution soon. But in the end, the key is using the stock drain hose (with sensor).

Long story short - buy a complete intake that is plug-and-play for US spec if you have a 2016+. I'm staying away from EU shops from now on. I'm sure they do good stuff. But there are some minor differences on the platform and I'm not handy enough to figure it out until it is too late and I'm staring at codes [facepalm]

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, that would probably take care of my P2282 and the P0507. I think both are popping from not having that second line plugged into anything. I found out that this intake is for EU spec and therefore doesn't have the second connection on the induction hose that the US spec 2016+ need. For the short term, I'm going with the 2016+ "fix" from Whoosh that just blocks it off. Longer term, I'll end up with the actual OEM harness like you did here. Thank you for the video.

My larger concern was the crankcase pressure code (P051D). This intake did not have a port in the crossover area to plug in the hose from the CC and that thing has a sensor on it. The intake just has a silicon hose that routes from underneath the induction hose area (intake is all one pipe). Talked to Ron and he suggested trying to get the OEM hose inserted into the end of the silicon hose and connect the other end into the CC. That way the sensor is doing something. I have a hacked together solution in place now and it did take care of the crankcase pressure code. I also went and bought some hose and clamps and will create a better solution soon. But in the end, the key is using the stock drain hose (with sensor).

Long story short - buy a complete intake that is plug-and-play for US spec if you have a 2016+. I'm staying away from EU shops from now on. I'm sure they do good stuff. But there are some minor differences on the platform and I'm not handy enough to figure it out until it is too late and I'm staring at codes [facepalm]
Yeah, it can be frustrating. Be patient. You'll get it right and you'll be very happy with the results.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Might as well mention that I'm completely done with everything I wanted to do with my DD. I added a mountune intake hose (purchased from a member here) along with pre-'16 connectors, and also deleted the symposer. Looks and sounds great. Still no codes.

With the symposer fart-box gone and the radio turned down, I can hear the turbo spool, and that little off-throttle BOV "pshh" you get with the mountune intake. It's not loud, but it's audible. The cabin is surprisingly quiet now, for such a cheap car. I can hear the bass a little better, too.

I liked this car from the get-go, but these little improvements make it a real pleasure to drive in any conditions, city or highway. Lovin' life! [driving]

https://imgur.com/a/82QrR05

Took of the Fiesta badge, next step move the ST to the right location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my mountune catback exhaust installed today by my Ford dealer. Super impressed with the sound that this kit makes. No drone at highway speeds when in 6th gear but deeper bass exhaust note when you put your foot into into, even hear some burbles and a quick back fire note when aggressively down shifting and braking. Oh at those tips are awesome, the quality of this exhaust is A+. I had thought that maybe the one I got in the box would be not as shinny as their pictures online boy was I ever wrong. What you see online is what you get well at least in this case.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

Cobb tuning makes an adapter that might work but I would still recommend the oem evap lines from the 2014 -2015 over a fix kit. I just swapped from a fix kit to the oem lines and my codes went away.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/air-induction/ford-intake-adapter-fiesta-st-2016-2017

[/url]fist

Ford's 15 spoke Focus 17" wheels on stock tires. The 49 offset tucks them in pretty good, even past the point of the Fiesta's 47 offset (not ST). Compare to a TD 1.2 they are very heavy, but are suppose to be pretty strong. Been bending rims, so a sacrifice had to be made. These might be a fairly current production run (Mexican made). The inside of the rims are painted black and just plain a Ford logo on the center caps. Maybe some 15mm spacers, and piss away some money on SVT center caps, but not for now at least.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
[/url]fist

Ford's 15 spoke Focus 17" wheels on stock tires. The 49 offset tucks them in pretty good, even past the point of the Fiesta's 47 offset (not ST). Compare to a TD 1.2 they are very heavy, but are suppose to be pretty strong. Been bending rims, so a sacrifice had to be made. These might be a fairly current production run (Mexican made). The inside of the rims are painted black and just plain a Ford logo on the center caps. Maybe some 15mm spacers, and piss away some money on SVT center caps, but not for now at least.
I really like those Wheels, I just picked up a used set originally from a 2004 Focus SVT painted black, for my 2010 Ford Focus daily driver.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

anticon

Installed yellow PPF on the fogs and replaced the bulbs with LED's. Looks good to me, I wish the light were a little more yellow though, it looks more green in real life compared to the photo above.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[/url]fist

[twothumb]

AGAIN, THOSE are the rollers that should have come on our rides from the factory!! ;)

Attempt to buy new tires...I’m buying one of these buy the end of the week cause I’ve been debating for way too long now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things -

1) I removed my Damond OCC. I only had it on for about 1.5k miles. However, it seems like it had a defect. After I noted in another post that it looked like my crankcase pressure was too high and was pushing oil through my well-sealed oil cap, a helpful poster mentioned it could be that the PCV system isn't flowing well enough. It made sense, and now it makes even more sense. The hose that is coming from the CC and into the canister is basically collapsed at the bend. Hard to say if this was definitely a problem. Maybe there is enough space - but I don't like "maybes". If I ever want to put it back on, I'll need a stiffer hose that will hold shape while bent.

2) I recently installed an open intake (Revo). It has a heat shield, but it is not sealed. I love the sound. Performance seems a little better up at higher RPMs which is where I expect it. The problem is - OMG those temps! Not sure what I was expecting, but we had a couple 90 degree days and intake temps were waaay above ambient and it was pulling up my charge temps (even with my lovely Whoosh FMIC). Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know. Posts a'plenty that call these "hot-air intakes". I guess until I watch the temps on the AP and pop the hood to feel everything flaming hot, I just didn't realize how hard it is for these to get cool air. I have a big-mouth and the snorkel is still open, but I think the open filter is just pulling in air from all around which includes right through the engine bay.

So what to do? I took out the filter and heat shield and plugged the intake into the stock box.

The good news is I still have that lovely 3" piece that runs from the filter and into the turbo. it flows nicely and sounds pretty good. With a sealed box (that isn't metal) and the only opening for air coming from just outside the engine bay, I suspect I'll see much lower temps. Looks like we will hit 90 on Saturday so I will put it to the test.

For now, the open filter and shield will probably get pulled on and off along with my winter tires. When the weather is damned cold, I think it will be cold enough to keep intake temps reasonable. But, will wait and see.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I am SOOOO glad that I do NOT like 'intake/spool noises' at ALL, so I am not even tempted to install a "hot air inducer'. LOL
(MY limit after factory is the ST200 box. ;) )

I will have a hard time trying to quiet things down though, if and when I ever go to a bigger/hybrid snail.

Business6

Put some bolts back where they needed to be on the spark plug cover and did the transmission cable adjustment. No difference for me at 37k miles.