Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone found good bulbs?

I'm just seeing if anyone's found gold replacement bulbs that are better than stock yellow. Not looking for hids in reflector housing so jw about gold cheap halogens?

I put a set of Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra in my low beams. They're much whiter than the stock bulbs, but a lot cheaper than Silverstar ZXEs.

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #3
I put a set of Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra in my low beams. They're much whiter than the stock bulbs, but a lot cheaper than Silverstar ZXEs.
Are they still yellow? Or are they more whitish blue?

Not as bright as HIDs, but much better than the stock bulbs. Maybe 85% the amount of light produced by HIDs. The light distribution with the halogens is much better though since it's reflector housing.

KKaWing

I use Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs for low and high beams then Nokya Hyper Yellows for the fogs. Got them from kbcarstuff. Nokyas shipped from California, and the Osram from the Canadian warehouse in Ontario.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'm just seeing if anyone's found gold replacement bulbs that are better than stock yellow. Not looking for hids in reflector housing so jw about gold cheap halogens?
Yes see my signature. Big difference in lighting and I can actually see the road much better. They are bright white [biggrin]

Sylvania Ultra ZXE H11 bulbs

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yes see my signature. Big difference in lighting and I can actually see the road much better. They are bright white [biggrin]

Sylvania Ultra ZXE H11 bulbs
I was looking into both of these actually. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the ZXEs so maybe I'll go with the Philips and see how they perform. Thanks for the suggestions.

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #10
Not as bright as HIDs, but much better than the stock bulbs. Maybe 85% the amount of light produced by HIDs. The light distribution with the halogens is much better though since it's reflector housing.
If you ever have time pics would be awesome.

KKaWing

If anyone is interested, my imgur album has "before/after" of stock bulbs vs. Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited main beams & Nokya Hyper Yellow fogs. Pictures taken with my OnePlus One phone on full auto, focused on the left low beam pattern. Excuse the messy garage :p

http://imgur.com/a/ZyZSo

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #13
If anyone is interested, my imgur album has "before/after" of stock bulbs vs. Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited main beams & Nokya Hyper Yellow fogs. Pictures taken with my OnePlus One phone on full auto, focused on the left low beam pattern. Excuse the messy garage :p

http://imgur.com/a/ZyZSo
oh wow those are significantly more white than I was expecting? Where did you pick these up? how much? But then again I just realized your fogs are yellow bulbs so I was comparing against their color.

KKaWing

oh wow those are significantly more white than I was expecting? Where did you pick these up? how much? But then again I just realized your fogs are yellow bulbs so I was comparing against their color.
I got them from kbcarstuff.com. Pricing is on their site :p

I'd like to say they're around 3800K in colour temp. Not as white as the original North American Silverstars but much brighter. If you look up the bulbs, you'll see your usual blue tint, but with a clear band directly above the filament so more light gets output. Basically they're just white enough not to be yellow but throw a much longer beam.

SICKESSS-ST

I initially installed a set of cheap HIDs that a buddy of mine gave me, they looked good but kept going out, again, they were cheap, and too much of a pain to keep messing with. I then installed the Sylvania ZXEs, which I removed after a few days, they did throw out more light but in my opinion they looked like brighter OE light bulbs. I now have NOKYAs Stage 2 light bulbs, I also have their high beams, they are definitely white with no tint of blue at all, they match my Diode Dynamics Luxeon LED fog lights. I bought the H11 NOKYAs on eBay with the heavy duty harnesses, $22 for the whole thing, they were $32 but I had a coupon for $10 off.
[rockon]

My NOKYA Artic White didn't even last a year. Might be going with either Sylvania ZXE or Philips CrystalVision Ultra ... any recommendation ?

Not halogens but check out LEDs....Been using them for low beam and fog lights on my car and love them. Using Sylvania Ultra for high beam. Do not buy the LEDs with fans on the backside, they will not fit.

i just bought a bunch of silver star ultras a couple months ago. Literal night and day difference from stock.