Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'16 Fiesta ST passenger door rattle

Unfortunately, the honeymoon with my Fiesta ST appears to over. After 6750 miles, my front passenger door is making an obnoxious rattle. I can hear it over the radio. This is the first thing that has sucked about what's otherwise been a very fun way to get around. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm not looking forward to hassling with a service department over this. I've read elsewhere it may have something to do with the front speaker bezel/mount. Has anyone been able to rectify this themselves?

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I have the same thing at 2100 miles.......don't really want a dealer to touch it. Hope we can get some answers here!

Just remove the door panel, 6 screws (door latch one torx screw - don't break the little plastic cover they are expensive) door handle - pull off plastic trim - two torx screws. Then two pop covers and two torx screw on the side of the door panel.

Reaching 5000mi and couldn't stop hearing this very rattle myself today. Gotta take care of this, dealer will only whine about it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak for the door, but at 1500 miles, I had a buzz/slight rattle coming from what *seemed* like the door but ended up being behind the B-pillar. There were two parts rattling. One was this little plastic arm that has a wire fed through it. It's about 10" long and sits beside the seatbelt assembly. The other was a metal guide for the seatbelt, itself. This piece is held in by a plastic push-pin. It's metal on metal save for some very thin felt applied in the wrong place for my car. If you pull back the trim just below the seatbelt, you can see both pieces I've mentioned. Pull the rubber seals around the driver and passenger door before pulling the trim. Be gentle with the trim and it will come out. I put velcro (the soft side) the whole length of the back of the plastic arm and then pulled the metal guide's plastic pin out and put velcro behind it, as well. Two small pieces on the bottom corners and now no more noise.

Worst...I now have a screw running somewhere behind the dashboard...it's rolling left to right when turning corners...really anoying...I don't find from where this is happening. Sometimes it's coming from the middle and sometimes from passenger side. I'd removed the glove box to try to find the loose thing but no luck. I will have to have the dealer to take a look at it soon. Probably at the next oil change... I can tell you I ear the same buzz noise that you're earing but only when the passenger window is slightly open.

Really sorry to open up a 6 month old thread, but I have this issue currently. It almost sounds like when you shake a mechanical pencil. Did you guys end up fixing yours? Mine is definitely coming from the passenger door panel. Id bring it into the dealer but I dont want them tearing it apart, Id rather do it right myself.