Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'19 Fiesta ST mods, plans, opinions (not a build per se)

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #201
Those with aftermarket downpipes. How did you secure your O2 sensor wires after removing the dp heatshield?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had my 2017 done when I bought it 3 years ago and it cost just shy of $1000 for the hood, front bumper, mirrors and half fenders. If money is an issue (it always is for me), I would skip the paint correction and ceramic and use the money for the film.
Wow that is cheap for a full hood job. I wish you could get it for that here. lol
I had my front end done within 2 weeks of getting the car. Done by a company in Menefee for $600 and warranted for 10yrs. That stuff is TOUGH! I scraped the underneath of the front on some parking stop and was going to get an estimate to repair it. The body shop took the protection off and there wasn't a mark on the paint underneath!

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #205
Finally pulled it out of storage yesterday. Idle seems to be dropping too low almost stalling. Idle drops on almost a cycle, about every 10 or 15 seconds. No engine light. The fuel is almost 2 months old. Changing oil and putting summer wheels on today. Going to take it to work tomorrow (highway) with the access port and see if I can notice anything. Started just fine unlike the evap purge valve symptoms. Hoping I can run this fuel out and a fresh tank will rectify.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #206
Finally pulled it out of storage yesterday. Idle seems to be dropping too low almost stalling. Idle drops on almost a cycle, about every 10 or 15 seconds. No engine light. The fuel is almost 2 months old. Changing oil and putting summer wheels on today. Going to take it to work tomorrow (highway) with the access port and see if I can notice anything. Started just fine unlike the evap purge valve symptoms. Hoping I can run this fuel out and a fresh tank will rectify.
Good news is I have a 14-15 evap harness I bought a year or so ago and if I can't fix through driving, refueling etc it will be a good chance to swap that out and finally install the Cobb Redline intake.

I have so many parts sitting around waiting for install. I'm a lot more motivated to buy stuff than to actually do the work :rolleyes:

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #207
Anyone have any tricks for taking slop out of loose center caps?

My OZ wheel center caps seem snapped in secure but they spin pretty freely. Don't want to glue them in but wondering if anyone has used anything to tighten up the fit?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Anyone have any tricks for taking slop out of loose center caps?

My OZ wheel center caps seem snapped in secure but they spin pretty freely. Don't want to glue them in but wondering if anyone has used anything to tighten up the fit?
If it has a metal ring, you can try taking it off and bending it a bit.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #210
Idle drop issue has cleared up after opening it up on the highway with some fuel system cleaner. Appears to be happy on the accessport.

On the to do list still:

Euros:depos been sitting here for over a year now

Whoosh hybrid: waiting since Nov 21

Cobb redline intake: supplied evap tubing adapters confuse me so I've been procrastinating

Whoosh hotside charge pipe

Milltek catted downpipe

I gotta make this the year to get this crap done and clear up some space

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #212
Wondering if this filter should be changed and can it be done from under the hood?

Just going to vacuum it for now and put it on the bucket list

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Wondering if this filter should be changed and can it be done from under the hood?

Just going to vacuum it for now and put it on the bucket list
LoL that's not a filter. That's just the normal screen to your blower motor.
Unless you had a furball cat living in that space, I don't know how it'd do that. 😂
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/how-to-keep-crud-out-of-the-reservoir.30410/

Make sure the clips for that tray, also clip the sound deadening material there.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #214
For those that did a vibra technics rmm,

How did you get the bracket to fit on the rmm?

Press in vice?

The bracket is like an octogon...just small enough not to go on the rmm. It slides onto the whoosh just fine. Gonna stick with the whoosh for now and focus on finishing the turbo install.

Attachments

Last edited:
For those that did a vibra technics rmm,

How did you get the bracket to fit on the rmm?

Press in vice?

The bracket is like an octogon...just small enough not to go on the rmm. It slides onto the whoosh just fine. Gonna stick with the whoosh for now and focus on finishing the turbo install.
Seems like a lot of people use a vice or a press but instructions state you can just mount it and it will get pushed into place from hand power alone. I had to get a cheater bar and put all my weight into it but it was good enough for me to feel happy about it.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #216
Seems like a lot of people use a vice or a press but instructions state you can just mount it and it will get pushed into place from hand power alone. I had to get a cheater bar and put all my weight into it but it was good enough for me to feel happy about it.
Ill probably throw it in a vice and see if it pops into place and tackle another day.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #217
Saturday got the oem turbo/DP/manifold out. Was also able to get the whoosh hybrid in minus some connections. Sunday was nothing but rain so nothing done. Monday (today) finished tightening down the coolant lines, drivers side bracket is a bitch to get back on. Cerakoted heat shield went back in. Whoosh hotside pipe put in. Was tough to get the silicone happy and tightened down correctly. Cobb Redline intake...also a pain in the ass but eventually got it in. Can't use my prop rod latch though which kinda blows. They put some spacer in to deal with it but it didn't help mine. The instructions weren't very good. Got new plugs and 5w30 in it. Tune loaded, got 20ish miles on it now. Whoosh hybrid definitely makes a distinct whistle sound. Honestly could do without it but it's not terrible and sort of neat too.

Glad it's all done but would not want to tackle this job again.

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #218
45 miles on it. If the rain clears up will drive a little more then start data logging.

After having battery disconnected the auto up function on driver door stopped working. Quick search on here found the fix and was able to reset it.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #219
Going to have the coolant flushed out and refilled with the yellow stuff. Lost a little (maybe 1/2 quart) during the install. I have 3 bottles of the Motorcraft prediluted yellow but looking in my manual(s):
Owners Manual says 5.8 qt
Supplemental Manual says 8.5 qts

*edit* forum info found indicates 6.1 quarts

Below are the manuals I got with the car.

Want to tell the shop correct amount.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #220
Its been pretty hot and humid here. Temps seem to be managed decently but I can totally see a Koyo radiator being high on my list now. Probably going to have to do it myself as still haven't found a place I trust.