Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'19 Fiesta ST mods, plans, opinions (not a build per se)

I forgot how nice this Dizzy stg 2 93 was. It doesnt have the grunt of my E30 custom but very nice nonetheless.

Forscan job on hold. The lap top blue screened while getting it set up (not used in a LONG time) so decided I wasnt gonna brick my car with am unstable lap top.

I am getting a serious bug for the 70 and 80 series JDM Landcruisers. Small side note
You're a little late entering the market on 70 and 80 series Cruisers, prices have skyrocketed in the past 4yrs! The next best thing is the 100 series, which are still great trucks too that are just starting to creep up in price!

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #162
You're a little late entering the market on 70 and 80 series Cruisers, prices have skyrocketed in the past 4yrs! The next best thing is the 100 series, which are still great trucks too that are just starting to creep up in price!
Hoping to find a JDM import right hand drive for around the 20k mark. This is actually one of those if the stars align thing OR long term goal type thing. The kind of deal where I may even have a body off frame restoration done. Hey Bitcoin and the other cryptos may explode more and make it a reality. Its nice to dream lol.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #163
Other than keeping it clean and not racking up many miles unfortunately haven't done much but...

picked up a whoosh hybrid track spec turbo, ported oem manifold (probably wont have in hand till Oct), manifold gasket, 2x ARP downpipe studs for turbo to mani and turbo to DP, oil feed line.

I'll grab a milltek catted DP and Tune+ wastegate before the install. Curious which spacer for the O2 sensor? There is a J shaped and a straight one. How did you choose which one?

Hoping to find a JDM import right hand drive for around the 20k mark. This is actually one of those if the stars align thing OR long term goal type thing. The kind of deal where I may even have a body off frame restoration done. Hey Bitcoin and the other cryptos may explode more and make it a reality. Its nice to dream lol.
We just recently sold our 1991 HDJ81 RHD Turbo-Diesel. Wonderful vehicle to drive(especially with the Scheel-Mann Seats)! It even got a crazy rare pop-top installed just a few months before it sold! :cool:

If you actually do buy an RHD 80-Series, be prepared for parts that are no longer available! We struggled to find parts for ours!

IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg
IMG_1713.jpeg
IMG_1689.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #165
We just recently sold our 1991 HDJ81 RHD Turbo-Diesel. Wonderful vehicle to drive(especially with the Scheel-Mann Seats)! It even got a crazy rare pop-top installed just a few months before it sold! :cool:

If you actually do buy an RHD 80-Series, be prepared for parts that are no longer available! We struggled to find parts for ours!

View attachment 43355
View attachment 43356
View attachment 43357
View attachment 43358
That thing is sweet. I didnt realize parts availability was a big issue. Could def pose a problem.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #166
Ordered a set of euros this morning. Think I'll grab a whoosh crossover pipe in raw aluminum and get it and the elbow and heatshield coated in hightemp cerokote.

Couple more things crossed off list.

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #167
Picked up a new boost solenoid and the '14/'15 fuel feed tube. My 2nd attempt using tasca. My last order I ended up canceling as it sat in limbo for over a month, Hopefully they get this one together. Even with their 39 dollar shipping I saved 60 bucks on the 2 parts as opposed to fords price.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yeah the shipping prices are crazy and no matter what part I order from them it doesn't matter the car it takes forever. How can every part be special order. A lot of car dealerships sell through eBay much faster shipping.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #169
Yeah the shipping prices are crazy and no matter what part I order from them it doesn't matter the car it takes forever. How can every part be special order. A lot of car dealerships sell through eBay much faster shipping.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I just got the "one of your parts requires special order" message. I expected it this time. The good news is I don't plan to use the parts until the spring. I'll wait Tasca out on this one.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #170
Thinking I may get the whoosh silicone boost hoses. Got a nice deal on their j pipe, thinking the hoses might be nice for when the hybrid goes on.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #171
Tune+ wastegate. Minus the Tune+ logo I guess.

Ordered a new oem heatshield going to have it heat coated. Waiting on euros, whoosh Trac spec, whoosh ported manifold and ARP hardware. My shiny new Cobb intake shipped yesterday I won't be home to sign for it though so no clue when I'll actually have it in hand.

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #172
Really curious to see what this car will have power wise once everything on order is in and tuned for. I want the most I can get out of it but maybe dialed back for the extra reliability/safety.

whoosh v3 IC, whoosh trac spec hybrid, whoosh ported manifold, miltek catted DP, Thermal exhaust, Cobb carbon intake system, upgraded boost hoses, bov and wastegate. No plans for aux fueling (for now)

Goal is 290 on E30 and 275+ on 93. I already know the torque will be amazing.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #173
Parts have been filtering in for the hybrid turbo (minus the turbo yet)

The Cobb carbon fiber intake is here. I want to install this weekend, the instructions are a bit confusing on their website. I have a 14/15 evap harness and not sure whether to swap it out or not, Cobb states the intake will work with either one. I'm thinking the 14/15 will at the least have less of that tubing and check valve from Cobb not used.

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #174
Milltek catted dp ordered today. Rounds out all the parts for the turbo install in the spring. Going to have the dp and manifold heatshield thermal coated. Will probably be at least another month for the turbo to get in. Still waiting on ARP hardware and we'll have to see how long the dp takes to get to me. Will be a long winter looking at all these parts.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #175
After reading tons of threads on wastegate preload, watching Dizzy and tune plus videos on it...I'm still lost. For fiesta hybrid it's recommended 4mm preload.

Is that 4mm from the tip of the arm to the back of that first nut?

Even after watching the videos the process is never actually seen. I feel like this is pretty simple but perhaps difficult to explain? The good news is I'll be able to install and set preload with the turbo on my bench.

Step 1-Push wastegate to full closed position

No clue actually what to do next. Will help to have turbo in front of me.

After reading tons of threads on wastegate preload, watching Dizzy and tune plus videos on it...I'm still lost. For fiesta hybrid it's recommended 4mm preload.

Is that 4mm from the tip of the arm to the back of that first nut?

Even after watching the videos the process is never actually seen. I feel like this is pretty simple but perhaps difficult to explain? The good news is I'll be able to install and set preload with the turbo on my bench.

Step 1-Push wastegate to full closed position

No clue actually what to do next. Will help to have turbo in front of me.
As I have understood it preload is 1mm per full rotation of the nut.
When setting it the preload nut should be tightened to just close the bypass flapamajig. When it's fully closed and no loose movement(by this I mean it shouldn't open without moving the wastegate rod) in the bypass flapamajig that is 0mm of preload.

EDIT: To clarify you should have 2 nuts on the wastegate rod. One in front and one behind the flapamajig connector thing. The second nut should never touch the flapamajig connector when setting the preload. So set it as far back so it doesn't touch. When preload is set the second nut should be tightened against the flapamajig connector.
1633949429803.png

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #177
As I have understood it preload is 1mm per full rotation of the nut.
When setting it the preload nut should be tightened to just close the bypass flapamajig. When it's fully closed and no loose movement(by this I mean it shouldn't open without moving the wastegate rod) in the bypass flapamajig that is 0mm of preload.

EDIT: To clarify you should have 2 nuts on the wastegate rod. One in front and one behind the flapamajig connector thing. The second nut should never touch the flapamajig connector when setting the preload. So set it as far back so it doesn't touch. When preload is set the second nut should be tightened against the flapamajig connector.
View attachment 44072
This actually puts it into a perspective I can speak to. Once fully closed the preload nut would then need (4) full turns to reach the recommended (4mm) preload. I think I got this. The visual made more clear. Thank you.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #178
BC racing coilovers...

For install is it recommended to use the fomoco top nut for mounting the rear struts/shocks to avoid that noise issue with the larger hardware found on some of the aftermarket stuff? Is it even possible with that adjustment on top?

Anything else special for install on these or pretty cut and dry?

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #179
Today is 8 weeks since the turbo ordered. 7 1/2 weeks for arp hardware. 47 days since euros ordered.

No shipping notifications for any of them

Downpipe, crossover and heatshield out getting high temp ceramic.