Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'19 Fiesta ST mods, plans, opinions (not a build per se)

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #81
I'm personally not the biggest fan of covered lug wheels, but those do look SWEET, and we know they are high quality. [twothumb]

The order form lets you go to a 42ET offset in our 4x108 PCD if you wanted a tiny bit less 'poke' than the 40 you ordered, and a bit closer to the 45ET of the Storms (albeit their wider width more than makes up for that higher numerical offset number).
The nice thing is you can pull that center cover off and run it with just a cap which leaves the lugs exposed. Ill probably try both set ups. Apparently their HLT is some method of flow forming. I emailed Tegiwa just now to ask if they would recommend some rings explaining my car is the US spec, when I ordered I put down 2017 so I didnt confuse them and they think I have a MK8 if I put down 2019.

So if you choose a 4x108 only 40 ets. If you choose the 4x100 it allows a 42 or 35

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
PLEASE take some pics when they are on the car, with both the full lug covers on and the covers off and just caps/exposed lugs. [:)]

That is cool that they are a type of flow formed wheel, since the others in their lineup for our cars are definitely NOT (i.e.; Superturismos of all types, Leggendas, etc.). [coolsmile] [thumb]

Even the very lightweight Ultraleggeras are listed as 'low pressure cast', and not flow formed, or their 'HLT' process.

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #83
PLEASE take some pics when they are on the car, with both the full lug covers on and the covers off and just caps/exposed lugs. [:)]

That is cool that they are a type of flow formed wheel, since the others in their lineup for our cars are definitely NOT (i.e.; Superturismos of all types, Leggendas, etc.). [coolsmile] [thumb]

Even the very lightweight Ultraleggeras are listed as 'low pressure cast', and not flow formed, or their 'HLT' process.
They'll be incoming. Really looking forward to how this round turns out. I'll try to get a screenshot weight of the wheels before tires.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #84
Was able to find the center bore for the OZ Racing Formula HLT 4F (75mm). Need to figure out a set of lug nuts. I've seen cases for both plastic and aluminum rings. I may buy a set of each and roll the dice.

I'll be looking for 75mm OD to 63.36mm or 63.4mm ID. Although further reading and searching show a 74.1mm works for the Ultraleggara. It is possible the 74-6336 Gorilla plastic rings are the ticket.

I also sent OZ Racing an email asking for wheel weight and what ring they recommend. I "think" I found a weight listed for the 17x7.5 4 lug at 8.2kg or 18.07 lbs. Will try to weigh the wheel before tires when they get here.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #86
Grabbed new nuts for the downpipe to catback. Not sure what the lead time will be till the thermal ships, I suppose I can bug Ron but for now staying patient. Wheels haven't shipped yet and are coming from UK so that might be a while and my PPF, TInt and Ceramic appt are pending the wheels as they are gonna coat the wheels and mount for me.

The Damond OCC went on very nicely EXCEPT the nylon sleeve on the hose with the check valve, that took longer than the entire process. Tempted to find something else and cut that crap off of there. I did pick up a pricy set of swivel ratchet wrenches. Made tightening the mount to the engine bay stud a lot smoother.

The vee port bov got delayed after to my surprise the rubber connecting the symposer to the hard outlet pipe is not present. Getting that sorted out with another forum member.

Spec D tails... I like the look. I think I like how it looks in photos better(at least during the day). At night they look much better. Girlfriend thinks they give the whole back end a slimming effect and I have to say I agree. The driver side didn't fit as well though. I had to shave a little plastic away from the pillars where the metal studs screw in. It evened both sides mostly.

Grabbed new nuts for the downpipe to catback. Not sure what the lead time will be till the thermal ships, I suppose I can bug Ron but for now staying patient. Wheels haven't shipped yet and are coming from UK so that might be a while and my PPF, TInt and Ceramic appt are pending the wheels as they are gonna coat the wheels and mount for me.

The Damond OCC went on very nicely EXCEPT the nylon sleeve on the hose with the check valve, that took longer than the entire process. Tempted to find something else and cut that crap off of there. I did pick up a pricy set of swivel ratchet wrenches. Made tightening the mount to the engine bay stud a lot smoother.

The vee port bov got delayed after to my surprise the rubber connecting the symposer to the hard outlet pipe is not present. Getting that sorted out with another forum member.

Spec D tails... I like the look. I think I like how it looks in photos better(at least during the day). At night they look much better. Girlfriend thinks they give the whole back end a slimming effect and I have to say I agree. The driver side didn't fit as well though. I had to shave a little plastic away from the pillars where the metal studs screw in. It evened both sides mostly.
Mind posting pics of your Spec Ds?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
interesting its hard to tell on the rear shot because you have two different angles possibly because you zoomed the pic for the spec D shot. It almost exaggerates the slimming perspective you were talking about.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #90
interesting its hard to tell on the rear shot because you have two different angles possibly because you zoomed the pic for the spec D shot. It almost exaggerates the slimming perspective you were talking about.
Yeah the original is from when I first got the car last summer. The spec d shot from the weekend. So lighting and angle are def different

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Damond OCC went on very nicely EXCEPT the nylon sleeve on the hose with the check valve, that took longer than the entire process. Tempted to find something else and cut that crap off of there.
I just used some good quality, 1.125" (I think that was the diameter?) plastic split wire loom material over both hoses/check valve, and then wrapped over that in some of that 'sticks to itself' type silicone tape in the areas where it contacted anything else for some extra protection.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #93
Looking good and thanks for posting! So, you don't mind the driver's side being a little off? I really want to get some but I'm kind of OCD about stuff like that and it might bug me if it is too much off.
It's really not that bad. It bothered me enough to do a little plastic shaving. After that was done it really improved. As a whole the fitment of both are not as good as the OEM but I'm talking minor variances. Once i pull it back out I'll get the girlfriend to take some pictures of both sides. Ill post them side to side. I can be OCD about stuff sometimes and this didn't "trigger" me.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #97
Digging thru boxes more, appears they left out the extension that fits these lugs. Wondering if this is a standard tool I could find elsewhere without having to go through where I bought them.

Possibly a star key 19mm hex

Attachments

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Fast shipping from UK and packaging solid and pristine!
Interesting those are flow formed and still 18 pounds I would drop them on a scale if I were you. I bet they might be lighter. Thats the whole point of flow forming , stronger lighter wheel than cast. Its like a cross between cast and forged.
My Titans come in at 17.4 lbs which is like 3.3 pounds heavier than my Dekagrams. I would love to either find a light Concave 16 or 17 of course if I drill my hubs for 4x100 then I could get Dekagrams in a more Concave face and Advanti Storms lol. The Storms are insane at 13lbs for a 17. I am like damn I want that.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #99
Interesting those are flow formed and still 18 pounds I would drop them on a scale if I were you. I bet they might be lighter. Thats the whole point of flow forming , stronger lighter wheel than cast. Its like a cross between cast and forged.
My Titans come in at 17.4 lbs which is like 3.3 pounds heavier than my Dekagrams. I would love to either find a light Concave 16 or 17 of course if I drill my hubs for 4x100 then I could get Dekagrams in a more Concave face and Advanti Storms lol. The Storms are insane at 13lbs for a 17. I am like damn I want that.
Going to try and get a weight today. I thought the girlfriend had one but it got tossed a while back apparently. Hoping to find a simple scale at Home Depot.

Question to anybody if you are running 200tw tires, do you store those indoors through the winter? I was reading that at low temps the rubber crystallizes and can damage the tire. I store the car during the winter but not in a temp controlled garage. Was thinking Ill need to swap the OEM wheels/tires on when I stick it into storage and keep the OZ/Direzza inside.