Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'19 Fiesta ST mods, plans, opinions (not a build per se)

Mikey456

Thanks for the tip. Might give them a call. I saw that they had OZ supertourismo in 7.5. They are not budget wheels lol. I’m going to mount my Dunlop’s on standard wheels. I will see how it goes....

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #122
Ordered the whoosh shifter base bushings, thought about the cable bushings but the install I watched kind of turned me off. Thinking Ill grab a redline goods boot to do while in there and need to watch a vid on adjusting the e brake as the console will be off.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #123
4 possible options for installing a hybrid local/somewhat local.

-Nightmare garage Red lion, PA

-DC customs, Warminster, PA very happy with exhaust and wheel/tire install (even used black wheel weights) nice touch

https://www.awe-tuning.com/services/installations in Horsham. My old lady noticed it yesterday on the way to use our giant gas points.

Family friend that was a ford tech.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am going to check out DC Customs for the radiator/IC install if my HOA keeps being Gestapo-like with me in my very own driveway.

How much did they charge for the wheel tire mount and balance, and do they offer road force balancing?

I believe that I checked out AWE years ago, and they are an exclusively very high zoot, Teuton marque, tuner/installer ONLY. [:(]

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #125
I am going to check out DC Customs for the radiator/IC install if my HOA keeps being Gestapo-like with me in my very own driveway.

How much did they charge for the wheel tire mount and balance, and do they offer road force balancing?

I believe that I checked out AWE years ago, and they are an exclusively very high zoot, Teuton marque, tuner/installer ONLY. [:(]
I want to say it was about 120 for the mount and balance but I need to double check the invoice where its itemized. Ill look tomorrow when I get home. As for road force balancing, I'm going to look it up so I know what it is but no clue atm if they offer it.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #126

Off the invoice.

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Am I reading that correctly $370 to install the exhaust I hope not?

$35 to reprogram the tire pressure monitor system what the heck. I don't do business with people like that.
To each their own I guess.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #128
Am I reading that correctly $370 to install the exhaust I hope not?

$35 to reprogram the tire pressure monitor system what the heck. I don't do business with people like that.
To each their own I guess.

It is. He actually welded another exhaust hanger on because the thermal was flopping around so much and installed new mounting studs from the down pipe that I didnt have ready to go. Took it up 100 bucks over my initial estimate.
The tpms sensors were brand new in package and he installed them on the aftermarket rims, even if it was pricy, I was happy to be able to drive away with it and not have to dick around with anything.

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #129
Email sent to Nightmare garage to get a ballpark on a hybrid turbo install. No clue what something like his costs. Once I get an idea will grab new manifold hardware, oil feed line, manifold gasket. Trying to decide if I want to do a milltek downpipe or stick with the stock dp. I've read even the catted dp's will throw a code. Not sure if I want to deal with that, it's the time to do it though while the turbo is off.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #130
If one were to theoretically floor the throttle into an intersection in 2nd while banging off the rev limiter, could this cause some negative correction to show up on 1 and 3 on the accessport?

Empty intersection in a quiet industrial park....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Question;

When you hit, or 'ride' the rev limiter on this car, is it supposed to be a 'stutter-like' action (which I am guessing is mainly due to spark cutting?) as on most of the naturally aspirated only rides I've owned in the past, or is it supposed to be (i.e.; 'normal' operation) the full-on 'dump' of boost feeling, ONE shot with NO 'stuttering', total power loss until back under the rev limiter result I am seeing on mine?? [dunno] [???:)] [???:)]

This is the very first turbo car I've ever owned, so I've never experienced a rev limiter's operation on one before, unlike almost everyone else on here who have owned nothing but boosted rides for their whole driving experiences. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #132
Question;

When you hit, or 'ride' the rev limiter on this car, is it supposed to be a 'stutter-like' action (which I am guessing is mainly due to spark cutting?) as on most of the naturally aspirated only rides I've owned in the past, or is it supposed to be (i.e.; 'normal' operation) the full-on 'dump' of boost feeling, total power loss until back under the rev limiter result I am seeing on mine?? [dunno] [???:)] [???:)]
The few times it caught me that 'dump of' boost has always happened.

edit: Normally 2nd gear is the one that catches me. Sneaky, naughty 2nd gear

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #133
The ceuk lighting kit is crapping out. Double checked ground and fuse. They offered to warranty it if I took a video and wrote an essay but for 30 pounds (40 bucks) I just ordered a new one. If 2nd one craps out then will quit trying.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
THANK YOU, since everyone else on here has always told me/insisted that what I am sensing is merely the power dropping off sharply due to the minuscule factory snail quickly falling out of it's power band.

But it is WAY too sudden, immediate, and drastic a sensation to be that, so I've concluded that this is just how the rev limiter functions on this car's system.

No one has ever been able to definitively answer me as to whether or not the waste gate is tied into the rev limiter function on our systems or not, at all, since THAT is EXACTLY what it feels like, a total dump of the boost. [wink]

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Email sent to Nightmare garage to get a ballpark on a hybrid turbo install. No clue what something like his costs. Once I get an idea will grab new manifold hardware, oil feed line, manifold gasket. Trying to decide if I want to do a milltek downpipe or stick with the stock dp. I've read even the catted dp's will throw a code. Not sure if I want to deal with that, it's the time to do it though while the turbo is off.
There is a Vibrant downpipe spacer that you can install on a catted downpipe. Tuner can work around that too, nothing to worry about.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #137
If you are happy that is all that matters. I have personally installed three Cat-Back exhaust systems on my back. I would feel bad charging any more than $100.

I run 5 miles 3/times a week and stay in decent shape but any time I even do an oil change, I feel whiplash in my neck for like a week. This was a large part of washing my hands of it. I think my core is atrophied or something lol

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I run 5 miles 3/times a week and stay in decent shape but any time I even do an oil change, I feel whiplash in my neck for like a week. This was a large part of washing my hands of it. I think my core is atrophied or something lol
I have been weightlifting for a long time 16 years, but I absolutely hate running you have me beat on that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you are happy that is all that matters. I have personally installed three Cat-Back exhaust systems on my back. I would feel bad charging any more than $100.

IF I did not have to worry about the HOA draconian Gestapo agents in my development fining me for working a long time on my car in my driveway, or had two other rides I could use to go get the studs/etc. that could potentially break during the install, I would have installed my CP-E system on my back as well, yes, despite my advanced age. [wink]

As it was, I paid about $200.00 or so for it's installation by an over priced local tuner shop.
But they did have to use an expander to 're-round' the partially crushed intermediate (over axle) pipe's end.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #140
Finally finished reading just about every thread concerning mountune clubsport suspension, B6 vs B8 with swift springs....

That was a rabbit hole and a half..

I am hesitant to do anything at this point to the suspension (leaning B6 with Swift springs). What would I like to achieve? Little less gap fender to tire? Since doing the wheels/tires I feel like I am noticing the gap now, something I didn't notice before.

Attachments