Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1st and 2nd gear issues

Hi everyone,

I have two minors issues with my 2015 (76 000 km)

1- When waiting in neutral at a Stop light and I want to put my stick in first gear, sometime it doesn't go all the way through (blocks at like 50% in). To "solve" this issue, I have to go in second gear (or any other gear I think) then I can fully go back in first gear.

2- Shifting from 1st to 2nd is not as smooth as it used to be. Again, it kinda blocks at about 50% through 2nd, but I can always go completely in 2nd.

Every other gears are fine

Thanks for sharing if you know what could be the problem

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
From what I've observed. Is some people encounter this issue even with low mileage FiSTs. Neither of my Transmissions had this issue when replaced under powertrain warranty. It's a crap shoot. Does it pop out of gear ever while driving?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi everyone,

I have two minors issues with my 2015 (76 000 km)

1- When waiting in neutral at a Stop light and I want to put my stick in first gear, sometime it doesn't go all the way through (blocks at like 50% in). To "solve" this issue, I have to go in second gear (or any other gear I think) then I can fully go back in first gear.

2- Shifting from 1st to 2nd is not as smooth as it used to be. Again, it kinda blocks at about 50% through 2nd, but I can always go completely in 2nd.

Every other gears are fine

Thanks for sharing if you know what could be the problem
I feel like 1st to 2nd is a rough shift a lot for me too. Could your synchros be going bad?
Have you tried a neutral reset?
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/neutral-reset.28572/
And definitely make sure you change the transmission fluid, like typhoonfist suggested.

OP
Gabou44
Thread Starter #5
From what I've observed. Is some people encounter this issue even with low mileage FiSTs. Neither of my Transmissions had this issue when replaced under powertrain warranty. It's a crap shoot. Does it pop out of gear ever while driving?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Does it pop out of gear ever while driving? Never happened

OP
Gabou44
Thread Starter #6