Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Fiesta ST Build

Just got my Fiesta ST and already have a few ideas on how I plan on starting my build. Probably the first thing I'll be doing is to upgrade the factory Sync 2 radio with either a nice Android headunit or do a Sync 3 plug and play headunit. The car already has a bunch of stuff done to it and some of it I want to switch out. I'm thinking of doing an MBRP exhaust and a Miltek down pipe. 1669667388665.png 1669667401824.png

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Ive had almost a day to drive the car around and see how it handles compared to my CRZ. Definitly doesnt feel as solid under wot acceleration. The stock shifter is also very sloppy. I'm probably gonna look at BC racing suspension for a coilover kit. Coolerwerx seems to be the best shifter out there for the Fiesta. Looks like the previous owner already did an aftermarket intercooler so in theory I should be able to get a COBB tuner and do a custom tune right away. Im also looking at doing front and rear swaybars and a strut tower brace. Motor mount is definitly something else I want to do. Probably gonna do the motor mount at the same time I do a downpipe. Definitly have a lot planned for the car and want to have it done for the most part before the CRZ Dragon meet next Fall. Not sure if the Fiesta ST group does anything similar.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Just ordered the 1st of many items in my build. My key has a broken tab on the cover so I ordered some OEM key covers with the ST logo from Whoosh. my car did not come with a 2nd key so I will be ordering a 2nd key and attempting to program it with Forscan.

1669763526526.png

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Apparently one of the previous owners did part of the adjustable floor board accessory. Does anyone know if that was ever an option available in the US? Also, my floor board does not seem to fit flush with the 185/20R15 spare tire that came with the car. Ive looked and apparently there is a smaller 15" spare tire that came with certain Fiesta's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As far as I know, in the U.S./North America at least, ALL FiSTs came with the 185/60-15 Kumho on a 15x6 steelie, unless an owner swapped that out for a (lighter, that's why they do it) narrow alloy with a narrow 'donut' on it, from a base, or SE Fiesta. [dunno]

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
As far as I know, in the U.S./North America at least, ALL FiSTs came with the 185/60-15 Kumho on a 15x6 steelie, unless an owner swapped that out for a (lighter, that's why they do it) narrow alloy with a narrow 'donut' on it, from a base, or SE Fiesta. [dunno]
Mine came with a Hancook tire. I am slowly working on my list of things to change out on the car. the KN intake has a grossly dirty air filter and I'm looking at switching it for a Takeda Momentum intake. I don't like the thought of running a hot air intake on a turbo setup.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Looks like I'm getting a nice settlement on the CRZ wreck. I'm doing a buy back and making a nice profit on it. Should be enough to pay off the CRZ and the Mustang and have enough left over to do the Sync 3 conversion. Might even have enough to get a coolerwerx shifter. I think Ill add the backup cam harness to the radio upgrade too since having no backup cam sucks.

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
Finally ordered a backup camera harness from 4Dtech and a license plate light mount camera for the Fiesta. I already got the cable and Forscan so I can enable the camera function in Sync.I think I spent close to $100 for everything.

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
Got a crazy deal on a Sync 3 APIM and screen. 6.5" came out of an 18 Explorer. $440 shipped and programmed to my VIN. I just need a USB hub and power harness for the hub. Screen and APIM comes with a GPS antenna.

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
Got most of the radio installed and changed the splash screen. Feels right at home with the upgraded radio. Super easy install. Recommended to anyone with a Sync 2 headunit.

OP
T
Thread Starter #13
Sold one of my aftermarket steering wheels for the CRZ and decided to use the money to treat myself to a coolerwerx short shifter. I hear the shifting experience is money with a coolerwerx shifter.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Just curious on your overall driving experience with the CRZ...

OP
T
Thread Starter #15
Just curious on your overall driving experience with the CRZ...
It was total bliss driving the CRZ. I abused the transmission after getting used to driving a manual and would take it to the track. Upgraded to a LSD and a stronger clutch and the inside of the trans was spotless. It's a super easy car to learn manual on and the twin screw SC made it all that much better. I really do miss the whine from the SC and it made some impressive instant torque from both the SC and the electric motor. I have to admit though the stock powerband on the Fiesta takes me by surprise at times. If parts were easier to get I'd absolutely get another 6spd CRZ but the Fiesta ST seems like a great alternative.

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Got my Sync 3 radio all done. Android Auto is the best part of the radio. Also got my Coolerwerx shifter arriving sometime on Monday. Does anyone have any tips for removing the center console? I imagine it's similar to the UK spec 2 door version. Ill probably do the install in my parking spot since it looks like the shift linage can be removed without jacking up the car. On my CRZ the center console came out pretty easily when I did a short shifter upgrade.

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
Not really Fiesta related but for everyones viewing pleasure/eye candy..... This was my setup on the CRZ. Takeda intake, maxbore throttle body and a Sprintex supercharger with a 77mm pulley. The thing I will always miss about the CRZ was the incredibly loud whine from the supercharger. The instant torque was also a warm welcome. the electric hybrid system made 22 HP and 50ft/lbs torque alone. Exhaust was HKS high flow cat and HPD exhaust. Nice and throaty but didnt drown out the SC whine.

1671758765664.png

OP
T
Thread Starter #18
Finally got the last part needed to complete my load management system upgrade. Was missing the seat hinges for the rear seat backs. Should be easy enough to swap the seat hinges.

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
More stuff going on the Fiesta in the coming weeks. Got some rear SVT Focus calipers from Rock Auto on the way. They are Cardone reman and include the brackets. Turns out Rock Auto also has a pad and rotor kit for the SVT Focus too that I might get as a nice upgrade for the rear brakes. Also got a set of hood struts on the way from Dark Ice Designs. The SVT Focus rear brake swap seems to be the easiest and does not require swapping hubs. Ill likely be pairing the rear brake upgrade with a front WIlwood kit. My CRZ had Wilwood brakes up front and it stopped on a dime.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
More stuff going on the Fiesta in the coming weeks. Got some rear SVT Focus calipers from Rock Auto on the way. They are Cardone reman and include the brackets. Turns out Rock Auto also has a pad and rotor kit for the SVT Focus too that I might get as a nice upgrade for the rear brakes. Also got a set of hood struts on the way from Dark Ice Designs. The SVT Focus rear brake swap seems to be the easiest and does not require swapping hubs. Ill likely be pairing the rear brake upgrade with a front WIlwood kit. My CRZ had Wilwood brakes up front and it stopped on a dime.
Lmk if the brackets are as expected. I e been trying to source them for a while but no easy way.